Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seven Month Update (Pics Included)

Wow, where is the time going? I can't believe that I am seven months out already. This has truly been the best thing that I have ever done for myself and like I tell everyone every month, if you are on the fence or nervous about getting the surgery.... DO IT and don't look back! After 33 years, I can finally say that I have started to enjoy life and experience my life how it should have been lived a long time ago. I abused myself with food and found comfort in it but today, I look at back and think, what the hell were you doing. You ruined your childhood, your high school years and your college years because you were too obsessed with food and then too ashamed to go out in public. While yes, I was always the happy one on the outside, deep inside, I was not happy with my physical self. Today, because of this surgery, I can say I am truly happy. Yes, I still have a ways to go to hit goal but if I didn't lose another pound, i would be happy. I am down 112lbs and have hit onderland for the first time in 20 years and am weighing in today at 196lbs down from 308lbs and have gone from a size 24 pants to a size 14 and a 3x top to a xl or l top. I have had so many NSV's theY are hard to list. The best one though is that I can go out and live my life. That's my biggest non surgical victory! Thanks to all of you , I would not be where I am today withouth all of your kind words of support and also your encouraging pictures of your own success. Much love to you all and continued success on your own journey!

post-6629-13813657612367_thumb.png

YOU ARE GOREOUS!!! Seriously, I am blown away and so inspired by your post. 102 lbs since surgery 7 months ago is amazing and so impressive, good for you! You sound so happy, that is what this journey is really all about. Would you mind sharing your tips and strategies? For instance, how many calories/carbs/protein you get in a day, how much exercise, etc? That would be so helpful, thanks!

No tricks really, just follow my doctor's plan. I try to get in about 800-900 calories a day, 70+ ounces of Water, 80+ Protein and no more than 45 carbs a day and I never have more than 15 carbs per meal and I don't bank cards. So, if at Breakfast I have 6 carbs, then I can't bank the other 9 for lunch but I can have a snack that have 9 or less carbs in between. This is something the my nutritionist taught me and has worked well! I exercise no less than three times a week if not more and I usually take off from it on the weekends. I do arm and leg machines and do 30 minutes on the elliptical and 15 minutes on the bike. Sometimes I will do 30 on both. Like I said before, really no tricks, just follow your doctor's plan and the weight will come off. There have been weeks that I have lost nothing and then some weeks where I have lost alot. You will have stalls, they are a part of the process but don't give up. Your sleeve is a great tool and you have to trust in it! Good luck on your journey!

Wow, that is such an amazing transformation! Congrats!

Congratulations! You look fantastic! Way to work that sleeve!!

You look wonderful! Congratulations on the payoff from all your hard work. :rolleyes:

Seriously... is that the same person... My goodness, you've done soooo well. You look amazing, beautiful and proud. Congrats on getting your life back. I don't blame you for enjoying it. You'll be at goal in no time...

Oh, and you should put the pics on the pinned thread for the before and after photos.... very inspiring! =]

WOW! You are so beautiful!!! This gives me so much hope and inspiration! Thank you for posting the photos. And thanks for saying that we should trust in the sleeve; I needed to hear that. I am just 11 days out and it is hard for me to believe that this is actually going to work. It seems like I can drink lots of liquid -- I find myself wondering if this surgery will work for me. Congratulations on your success.

Wow what a phenomenal weight loss in just 7 months, you are truly rocking it girl!! And what an amazing transformation, you are absolutely gorgeous. I love the before/after pics, they are so inspiring. Thanks so much for sharing your success. I am very happy for you.

:cheer2:

Thanks so much for your post. I am 2 weeks out from surgery and have lost 22 lbs...it may as well be 50, because I feel so much better already. You look fantastic and I can't wait to look like you and feel terrific, too. Today I finally ate a soft scrambled egg...and boy was it delicious! Best of luck to you in your continued success.

Wow, where is the time going? I can't believe that I am seven months out already. This has truly been the best thing that I have ever done for myself and like I tell everyone every month, if you are on the fence or nervous about getting the surgery.... DO IT and don't look back! After 33 years, I can finally say that I have started to enjoy life and experience my life how it should have been lived a long time ago. I abused myself with food and found comfort in it but today, I look at back and think, what the hell were you doing. You ruined your childhood, your high school years and your college years because you were too obsessed with food and then too ashamed to go out in public. While yes, I was always the happy one on the outside, deep inside, I was not happy with my physical self. Today, because of this surgery, I can say I am truly happy. Yes, I still have a ways to go to hit goal but if I didn't lose another pound, i would be happy. I am down 112lbs and have hit onderland for the first time in 20 years and am weighing in today at 196lbs down from 308lbs and have gone from a size 24 pants to a size 14 and a 3x top to a xl or l top. I have had so many NSV's theY are hard to list. The best one though is that I can go out and live my life. That's my biggest non surgical victory! Thanks to all of you , I would not be where I am today withouth all of your kind words of support and also your encouraging pictures of your own success. Much love to you all and continued success on your own journey!

I am writing this with complete sincerity. I am so overwhelmed by your progress, you are beautiful!!. I personally have been denied by my insurance, but you give me hope and inspiration to proceed with my appeals. You should be so proud of yourself and the hard work you have put in. You look amazing and I can read how confident you feel, you're just beaming with pride. I am also amazed with your hair, it actually looks thicker. With a huge weight loss in such a short period, you would suspect some thinning, did you experience that, if not, did you do anything to prevent it? Keep up the good work and keep wearing that beautiful smile!!

You look amazing! Wow what a change!

WOW!!Thank you for your post. I'm not on the fence, in fact my surgery date came and I ended up being unbanded (previous lapband mistake) and my gall bladder out - he decided to let my stomach "heal" first before doing this vg. I have a Nov 30 date. Your post is SO INSPIRING!!!! I'm so happy for you! And truly, you're beautiful!

Wow! You look GREAT! This gives me such hope. We have a very simular body shape.. Can I ask how tall you are??? I just had my sugery a couple of weeks ago. Seeing this has really made my day..