Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wedding Band ~ How loose is yours?

My wedding ring is a size 10 and I now wear an 8, so... I don't wear mine at all right now. It will fall off very easily. I will resize it when I get to 199.

I bought cheap silver band to wear in place of my wedding ring until I get to goal and can have the 3 rings resized. I have my diamond that is a pressure setting, my wedding band and an annaversary band. I need all 3 resized as they fall off of my fingers now. I wear the silver band that I think I paid $20 for and that is good enough for now. Also check out the rings on Ebay, there are some nice ones for pretty cheap. ~Mandy

My girlfriend wears a different ring everyday and they are all from ebay. She says that there are several really good jewlers on there and they have great prices. Just make sure to check their feedback and watch out for cheap buy it nows and then they stick you with really high shipping. ~Mandy

I've had mine resized once already and may have to do it again when I reach goal.
P.S. I went from a size 7 1/2 to a 6 1/2.

I was alot skinnier when I got married I gained like 100 pounds since my wedding so I am at my weight I was when I got married now so mine fits perfect but for a long time I never wore it I have lost weight many times in 14 years and I always judged it if I could get my ring off I was doing good for awhile it wouldn't budge and I had to wear it so tight It left permanent marks now I can take it off and on.

Mine fit my thumb now!! I'm going to wait til I get to goal to get them resized. I had to resize them because of my weight gain, so I will probably have to get the stones reset instead!!! KInda cool thought, a new band for a new me!!!!

~cheri

What a day to see this thread, I just took my wedding band off last night, and put it in the jewelry box, to wait to be sized until I am much smaller. I have my original wedding set, and then DH bought me a beautiful black hills gold & diamond wedding band. My original wedding rings, the engagement ring has a marquise cut center stone, it is beautiful, but dangerous around the little ones. I gouged my oldest granddaughters cheek with it, I was horrified! So not long after for our anniversary, he took me to buy the band when we were in SD. But now, they are all too big. It rained last night, I ran from the car to the house, and was wiping off the Water on the porch and my band flew off! DH and i were on our knees looking for it, finally found it under the bench....it went straight to the jewelry box, before what happened to Funnyduddies happened to me. I have older rings, ones I have outgrown through the years....I will just wear one of them and have mine sized down when I lose most of the weight. I hate that I spent so much having my originals enlarged back a few years ago!!

Kat

My engagement ring is a beautiful antique from ebay. It's a third of a carat, but absolutely gorgeous, and cost my broke fiance less than $200! It was appraised for a lot more.

I wore a 7 1/2 when I got engaged a year ago, now I wear a 7. Still waiting on resizing it.

P.S. I went from a size 7 1/2 to a 6 1/2.

:wow2: You went down a whole size....great job!! I think I was a 6.5 when I was married and I'm looking forward to being there again. I think I'm an 8.

Does anyone wear their bands on a chain if you can't wear them on your finger? I had to do that during both of my pregnancies. That way it was still close to my heart. :love:

Monica S ~ Nothing wrong with E-Bay. I usually check there first if I'm thinking of buying something, even clothing. I buy a lot of my boys Gymboree clothing on there and even sell their old stuff. I LOVE E-Bay!!!

Oh, yeah, I've just made a cool $300 on ebay this week selling Eliza's old clothes.

Buy good brands/labels and you get half of it back easily.

I now wear a 5.5 from 7...Can't get any smaller cause my knuckle is that size. I do have slender fingers and always felt proud that they never got to be 'manhands'. Remember Seinfeld? That was a funny show!

Hubby is buying me new pieces of jewelry all the time now. Think he wants something?

Yesterday was our 37th wedding anniversary!

Before we had kids, my DH was on the bonus program and believe me, he counted EVERY diamond. Sex & diamonds....sex & diamonds. I used to love shopping for diamonds & jewelry and even got to know Monica (our sales lady) personally. Now, I enjoy time away from the kids at Wal-Mart since we no longer have money for diamonds.

BTW, I just took my wedding rings off and put them away. I found a cluster diamond ring in my jewelry box that I haven't worn in years. I'm going to see if my DH notices.