Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vitamins and Carbohydrates?

On Friday, I had my 7 week check in with my doctor. My goal was to lose 15lbs in one week…but I only lost 5 (I was 202 lbs.). So, we talked a little about the things that I have been eating and one of the things he told me to check was the carbohydrates in my Vitamins. So, I went home and looked and he was right, I am taking in 15 grams of Carbs each day just from my vitamins. I am taking the following Gummy items: Multi-Vitamin, Fiber, and D3. I also talk a chewable Calcium and B12. I am only allowed 30 carbs per day and I have to get in my vitamins. So, I need some help, what type of vitamins, calcium and B12 are you talking and how many carbs are they?

On a side note: When I steeped on the scale at home today I was 198 lbs. I guess my stall is overJ this week. The scale didn’t move for 3 weeks. Then this week, I am down 9 lbs.

Thanks in advance,

Toyia

I can't say if this is a good choice or not -the veterans here would surely know more-

But in my experience- I spent a lot of money on the bariatric chewables from opurity and threw up both times I took it post op. I switched to Centrum Liquid- it has less Vitamins than the opurity but I can keep it down. It has 5 g carbohydrate per TBSP. according to the label.

I figured I'd use this liquid until I heal a bit more and can get down a good bariatric formula capsule.

That was my error. My doctor wanted me to lose 15 lbs in one month. I only lost 5.

Toyia

Goal to lose 15 pounds in 1 week??

I use the Bariatric Advantage chewable (as opposed to Gummy or chewy) Calcium - chocolate sorta flavor and a couple others I think; they're a bit chalky that some may object to, buy they are zero cal/carb. The rest I take as normal pills, and will probably go back the the standard Citracal calcium tablets when I run out the the chewable calcium, but then pills haven't been a problem for a while.

ill be perfectly honest. when i went in for my 2 week post op visit ( i got moved to mushies! yay!) i had lost a total of 26 pounds since the procedure. we got to talking about numbers and i straight up told them im not numbers driven. i don't care how fast i loose the weight, i loved myself before i had the operation, and i will get down to the weight i am supposed to weigh eventually. they totally agreed with me and not only that wished more patients didn't play the numbers game.

lets all get real for a minute. i had terrible type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and the liver of a 60 year old chronic drunk. im only 30. ( 31 this month!) I was on a road, like most of us here were to terrible things. heart attacks, strokes, worrsing diabetes...all these things are either resolved with me ( diabetes is gone) or is almost gone ( blood pressure close enough to normal to not need my meds anymore). if your HEALTHIER then when you were when you got sleeved, you are already 75% there. the pounds will come off. They have no choice. if your only consuming 700-800-900 calories a day, its going to come off. faster for some, slower for others but you will get to your goal eventally.

i likely consume on a daily average 15-20 carbs. who cares. thats NOTHING. sure it might goof with the ketosis, but so far for me it hasent. if you lost 5 pounds in a month, thats wonderful. your loosing weight.

If your like me and you got sleeved to LIVE, and not just loose weight, the numbers dont mean much in the end.

dont fret over a handful of carbs, if your feeling good, your health is on the rise and your loosing some weight, YOUR WINNING! feel good about that :)

Thanks for the information. I think I will stop using the gummies when they run out and move to the pills.

Mr. Mike, I feel the same way that you feel. I am happy as long as the scale is going down and not up. I feel so much better. I am able to walk long distances, I have more energy. I just feel like a new person. If my doctor would not have given me the goal to lose 15 lbs in one month, I really wouldn't care. My doctor is very strict and he doesn't sugar coat anything. When I told him that my body had a 3 week stall, and the scale was just starting to move again and I hoped to do better next month. He basically told me (not his exact words) that the information about the stall was bull. He has hundreds of patients and they all lose weight if they follow his guidelines. The info about the stall was just an excuse or people trying to make you feel better because you didn't lose anything. He told me that I will lose most of my weight during the first 6 months. So, I need to work as hard as I can to get the most weight off now. If I don't get the weight off the only person that will lose is myself.

I have mixed feeling about our talk, because I was so stressed going in for my visit. I wasn't sure what he would say or do, and I wasn't sure what I was doing wrong or why I wasn't losing weight. I was looking on the message boards and talking to people in my support group. It seemed like having a stall was perfectly normal. My doctor doesn’t like nutritionist and doesn't think I need to visit one. But, I just feel like this is all new, and I have so much to learn. How am I suppose to get the help I need. Like talking to him for a few minutes and I found out something that I was doing wrong -such as egg salad (he told me to eat the egg alone and not to make egg salad, it adds too many calories) and the carbs in Vitamins.

I have Kaiser and I had to meet with a nut for 6 months and take classes, but I didn't have my surgery until almost a year after those classes. Now, that I had the procedure and I am learning to work my sleeve I still need guidance.

Anyway, I know I am starting to rant. I am only 7 weeks out, I am down 47 lbs. I am happy...but I know I still have a lot to learn.

Toyia