Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Feelin Great Today

Let me start by saying, I'm only 12 days out but I've had it relatively easy , got out early from hospital because I was doing so well, not much pain, healing good, able to get shakes down, pretty much getting my Protein in every day, taking Vitamins. Walking some, this is my only downfall...not exercising like I'm suposed to.

M ydoctor told me full liquids for a few days then I can do soft food, so I have done two shakes a day and soft foods. Been getting more in every day, but today after my shake I am feeling queasy and nauseas and last nite my stomach muscles were so sore. We did some shopping this weekend but that is all.

What could be causing this queasy, dizzy, nausiating feeling? You don't think I ruptured anything do you?

First, call your doc and just let him/her know what you are feeling. I am not sure what is causing your queasy feeling but I would back off of soft foods for awhile and go back to a liquid diet Your diet progression is MUCH faster than mine and faster than what many people on the board report. I was on liquids for a full two weeks and I don't think added much beyond greek yogurt and a little cottage cheese even during the 3rd week...I still took mostly liquids then. You want to give your tummy plenty of time to heal before stressing it with too much solid food.

Congratulations on your surgery and for doing so well! You will love your results!

I am 10 days out and still on Clear Liquids. The last couple days I've had spells of mild nausea after being on my feet for a few hours, to the point that I had to lay down for a few minutes to let it pass. I haven't been able to stomach Protein other than what I get from homemade chicken broth, so that's probably part of the issue for me. I agree that you should back off the soft foods for the time being.

Let me start by saying, I'm only 12 days out but I've had it relatively easy , got out early from hospital because I was doing so well, not much pain, healing good, able to get shakes down, pretty much getting my Protein in every day, taking Vitamins. Walking some, this is my only downfall...not exercising like I'm suposed to.

M ydoctor told me full liquids for a few days then I can do soft food, so I have done two shakes a day and soft foods. Been getting more in every day, but today after my shake I am feeling queasy and nauseas and last nite my stomach muscles were so sore. We did some shopping this weekend but that is all.

What could be causing this queasy, dizzy, nausiating feeling? You don't think I ruptured anything do you?

Sorry you are feeling bad :(. I did have a couple moments with dizziness and nausea. I think that part of the dizziness was my lack of Water intake so I try to carry Water everywhere I go and constantly sip on it. I think the nausea came from my Vitamin. I took it early in the morning and possibly didn't have enough in my stomach. As for food, I am only a week out but am on full liquids for a total of 23 days and then I get mushies. Maybe your tummy just rebelling today but will be fine tomorrow? Here's hoping you feel better soon.

At about a month out I had some sporadic bouts with nausea; I never pinpointed what was causing them but I feel 100% now. That said, always good to touch base with your doc's office if you're not sure what you're feeling is OK. Hope you feel better!