Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey JUDE048!

Get it...hey Jude!!!! *humming the Beatles song*.

I thought I would start ya a new thread to give you some encouragement!

YOU can do this! Don't worry...it WILL happen...it just takes longer to get going for some people. I was stuck for awhile too...and like Argon, I'm losing a pound here and a pound there (over several weeks!). So, don't lose hope. Just keep on doing what you're supposed to and it WILL pay off.

Patience my friend!

Thanks for the thread and the encouragement!

Mandi suggested that I do the sparkpeople thing and I wanted to let you know that I already do that. I keep track of everything that I eat and drink and all exercise - and that isn't great!

I do all the weekly progress sheets and save them to a file on my hard drive.

I can't even imagine going to BK or to McDonalds - I never did much before banding except to take my grandsons but I am not kidding - here is my daily usuals

bk - coffee - with half and half - 2 to 3 cups

11:00 am - 3/4 C of shreddies or cream of wheat - with 1/4C of bran buds and a tsp or 2 of brown sugar OR 1 tbsp honey

2:00 pm - 1/2 C cottage cheese -

6:00 pm - 2-5 oz meat or fish - ground beef, tuna, salmon, lean ham, etc

1/2C cottage cheese - perhaps tossed salad with dressing - could be oil & balsamic or a creamy dressing. possibly sliced tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, raw carrots

for Snacks - I eat - thinsations Cookies - 100 cals per pkg, crystal light, V8 juice - 1 in cube of feta, some fruit - I have had watermelon, cantalope, stawberries, raspberries, cherries, pear, - no bananas yet sometimes a tablespoon of p. butter just from a spoon

I only drink Water and coffee in the morning and the only milk I have is on my Cereal in the morning 1/2 cup.

last week - according to my summary charts

I ranged from 694 to 1057 cals

I had 33-79 grams of Protein - I try to get at least 60

27-54 grams of fat

57-141 grams of carbs

Cals burned in exercise - weekly from 100 to 1630 averaging 650/wk

In the entire time I have had what I think are 2 "cheats" - 1 small container of Hagen Daz - and 1 Timmies Ice Cap

I do not know what more I could do!

Now there is a little more information - I wrote to Dr. C in the questions for Dr. C thread - and rather than repeat it here it would be easier for you to read it there - I sure can use any help you can suggest

all of my loss was pre-surgery

6 1/2 - 7 lbs gain post surgery

thanks for good wishes and good thoughts and encouragement!

jude

:clap2: Come on Jude, you can do it!:clap2: :love: Hang in there!:love: :) Don't give up!:hug: :banana :cheer2: :huggie:Were behind you! :eek:

Hey Jude, I'm sorry. :pout: I *don't* know what the problem is, and I'm sorry you're sick of hearing people telling you to eat more. I obviously didn't know about your other problems.

Was Dr. Cobourn able to say anything about whether he thought that that stuff could be the problem?

I'll be watching to see what "Dr. C" says in reply to your other post. Good luck.

(btw, I don't go to McD's and BK much. Like I said, it's been maybe 3 times in the last month, and that's probably the first times in more than a year. Also, my problem is that I'm living in a house with several other people, who all want to cook different things at the same time, so sharing one kitchen and fridge is pretty hard. So... I am often having to find alternatives, and unfortunetly a few times, it was fast food)

(btw#2 - good for you keeping track of everything like that... I need to get into it more)

Thanks Mandi!

Dr. C seems to think it is more of a restriction problem so I will hang in there for more fills and the right type of restriction. I am also quite bruised on my port site from the fill - didn't see it till later today.

I saw the pics of your new place it looks great and good luck with your move. It will make it much easier for you to be able to prepare your own meals.

Thanks for the encouragement - I guess it just hasn't been a great week for me.

jude

Well Lookie, Lookie!!!

When I got on the scales this morning I had lost all that I gained post-op plus 1 lb!!!!!! YEAH ME!!!!!

I guess that the fill is doing it's work and the heat has backed off a little and perhaps my body let go of a little humidity (grins) and anyway - I obviously WAS too impatient and it is happening again!!!

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement!

AWESOME, JUDE!!! Congrats. That must have been a great thing to wake up to :)

You are well on your way! You should keep using this thread to post updates for us.

I think I got the pound you lost though! *shakes fist* haha

:hug:

Mandi

Way to go Jude!!!!!

:clap2: :clap2:

I know, patience is sure key, eh? I'm learning that but sure easier said than done sometimes!

hi there canucks

I am kim and I went for my first consultation today and said, "okay, let's do it"...I have fought this "hamster in a wheel" bit for years now and if I don't do something about it, it will get me. So surgery Aug 1oth although I am scared. I mean I got here myself and haven't had any discipline thus far, I am sweating just thinking about the pre op diet and then post op, hell ,if I had that discipline, couldn't i do this myself?

i will borrow the money and its not cheap..16,000.

so i read peoples BMI's ,,um I don't know what mine is. am I supposed to?. they didn't weigh me today. I know nothing about the size of the band and I read people saying they had a band of such and such size...am I supposed to know this? I also read that folks say they had fills and say how many cc's. Am i supposed to know that too?

I worry that i can't drink with meals as i am used to it, i worry i may choke,....I sound wimpy sorry. I worry most that this will not solve the problem of always feeling hungry......

I do not want to tell anyone other than immediate family but can I hide this? I mean if I go out to dinner with friends next year....am i still eating next to nothing and not even having a glass of wine and they wonder what the heck is wrong with me?

I think, " man, i drink diet pepsi once in a while" and I don't drink coffee so I get my caffeine that way...so wow sounds like lots of restrictions . Anyway I guess i sound awful but ANY help /advise would be greatly appreciated. I get done by Drs Joffe and Yau on the 10th of Aug, so I guess I better start reading the pre op diet soon.

thanks

for reading

Kim

Hi Kim

Welcome, and you should be very excited!! And you should have tons of questions!! LOL We all had lots of questions. You won't know the size of your band until after surgery, even your surgeon wont know until he see's during surgery. Don't worry about cc's until after, it's just the amount of Fluid they will fill your band with. some people don't even need one(very few). You won't stand out while your eating in the future, the only thing people will notice is that your taking your time, and that is healthy. We were all scared and excited about surgery, that is normal. We are all here to support each other, lean on us when you need. Congratulations!! August 10th isn't too far away!!:) Please keep us posted!!!

Cloe

Thankyou so very much with your response. you have answered some of my questions. I was worried when I read about fills and how many cc's etc and I wondered what the heck are they talking about...noone mentioned that to me. I looked up this site and saw the complications and people talking about severe chest pain, slippage, erosion, unable to swallow almost anything.......so i am scared. I want to be normal again.....can i be, or once you do this...thats it...small portions and obvious. Can you ever fly again, go on vacation? I am worried cuz i see people writing saying what problems they had flying and on vacation. thank you so much cuz i am getting very frightened and I am feeling like a failure that I give up trying to do this myself and mus be banded.

thanks

Good morning Kim.

Yes small portions forever, but hunger no more. It's easy to only eat a small amount when your already full. Yes, you can fly and go on vacations, but one problem - you can't wear a seatbelt extender on the plane, and you have to buy a smaller bathing suit, sorry.:) . About the complications, I read that thread over before my surgery too. I wanted to make an informed decision. It's good stuff to know, but don't keep going there or you'll freak yourself out. Remember that any complication at all, and we come here for support. Not everyone posts all the good stuff. Also, complications are minimal, and most of us will never experience most complications. Just little things we can get over or none at all. Hope that helps. Talk to you later!!