Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey JUDE048!

What happens if you DO eat your 'goal' calories? Are you really not hungry enough to eat more than what you are eating? If so, man... I don't know.

Also, stop weighing everyday! I SOMEtimes do, but I never ever 'count' it. I weighed in at 243.4 on Wed, 242.6 yesterday, and today I was 244! SO... I'm sticking with my Wed weight, which is when I'm supposed to weigh in, and ignoring all the others. I gotta stop leaving my scale within eyesight!

Jude, okay okay do I have to be the person now with common sense?? lol after all we cancers look after people. Doesn't mean you haven't lost inches or fat when the scale doesn;t move or sometimes moves up RIGHT??? Also next week you will see that loss and then some. I have all the confidence in the world.

so so far now day three....... and i am okay all of a sudden with cottage cheese. i forgot who told me it was close to the perfect Protein so I decided I should. I saw my doc today who has no idea why just two weeks would shrink my liver, says he never heard that before and this guy is no slouch. asl yoda why does an ovarian thing cause weight gain?? Iam a frigging nurse and have no clue. OH, WHAT IS WITH THE WEEKLY CANADIAN WEIGH IN? iS THAT HERE? oops sorry caps>

So here it is Monday - July 31.

For 5 days now I have been eating - as suggested - my goal calories of around 1200.

I have gained 7 lbs!

I do have restriction. I can feel it. I am only eating healthy some meat, cottage cheese, salad and veggies - a LITTLE fresh fruit. Only Water and coffee.

Now what?

jude

PS> The ticker is a lie!!!

Oh Jude... man, I dunno what to say. That's 7lbs in 5 days?! Try doubling the calories for 5 days! LOL... sorry. Maybe something bizarre like that is what would do it. You should call or email Marie and tell her this, if you haven't already. She'll probably say to keep it up and be patient... uggg.

:hug:

who's marie? I am scraed if Jude is only eating that and she is not losing weight. What the heck wil happen to me. Does one really want to live like this for zilcho weight loss? Also,hoefuly Jude are you premenstraul. THAT does it to me!

Oh I went to the drive in last night, ( he wanted to go) and I did without eating popcorn( that is my biggest vice, I,love BUTTERED popcorn and man that was hard, so i took my cottage cheese and yogurt, but couldn;t stay for second show. at that point geting late and I can eat all night so I came home and went to bed.

Dunno what to say Jude....definitely talk to your post op care givers...if you haven't already. (see what they have to say)

In the meantime...don't fall off the wagon....it will only make you feel worse!

BE STRONG!!

JUde

You have still have done amazing and I am jealous. You will be wearing size 18 this fall!!!!

Listen I had forgotten what you had told us earlier about the PCo thng and I stil don't undersatnd how it works but I know it makes it slower so more KUDOS to you. It must be terribly frustrating at times. But you are doing it, we love you and are all rooting for you.

First of all - Good Luck Mandi on your trip to Toronto - I know it will be expensive but hey you get to see Doc C again!!!!

I think most of you know that I am primary care-giver for my terminally ill mom. Well this am I heard this bang, bang, bang and then WHOMP! I went running from the bathroom and she had passed out on the hardwood floor just at the top of the stairs. An ambulance took her to emerg and she has some cracked ribs, a split lower lip, a split upper lip, and a gash on her chin that required 5 stitches. Because she was unconscious for a few minutes and has concussion I have to wake her every 2 hours tonight. What a day! At least today she is speaking to me and remembers who I am!

I got a second fill appt for Mon Aug 21 at the clinic - I think Marie is going to try to do it again but said I could wait and talk with Dr. C if I wanted to.

I am still up 6 1/2 lbs.

In Marie's reply to my email - I had told her I increased my calorie in take at her behest - she told me to adjust it lower again and not to worry too much about the gain - just get another fill. So that is what I am doing.

It involves another day of travelling all day by train to and from Toronto and the hardest part is to get care coverage for my mom but I will do it!!

The rest of you are doing great and keep up the good work! I am following the challenge!

jude

PS: The ticker is a lie!

Jude this is such a hard time for you. Your poor mother and poor you. Not to be mean but maybe a tiny getaway to Toronto will give you a bit of a break. I admire you for your stamina! Don't be to hard on yourself, you've got so many other things going on. One day at a time. I hope Marie and Dr. C. can help you out, you sure don't need any more worries. Take Care, And I wish you all the luck with your fill. ;)

jude

wow, you have been through a tough time. I am sorry to hear about your mother. Being a primary caretaker takes alot out of anyone and is completly exhausting both physically and emotionally. The book motherless daughters is one that talks about the loss of a mother and how it doesn't matter how old we are, 5, 15, 45, etc, the loss of a mother is one of the most painful. You are in my prayers.

Thank you Jude (sorry I missed this earlier). And good luck to you too... with everything. I'm really sorry about your mom. I was recently taking care of my mom too, and there's nothing worse than seeing your mom in pain, so I feel for you. Take care of yourself, and your mom, and check in on us and tell us how it's going, whenever you get the chance. :)

Thanks guys,

I feel and I think we all feel - "safe" here!! I always know there will be encouragement!!

I am just going to be waking her up in another 30 min then I can go to sleep for a couple of hours.

jude

PS: The ticker is a lie!

Hiya Jude.....((((((hugggzzz)))))))

Sorry to hear about everything that is going on. Just be sure to take care of YOU, too....kay? And, as Cloe said...maybe you can also make it a day "out" while in TO....treat yourself to something other than just the fill; you deserve it!

Take care.

Hi Jude, it is hard to understand how you are not losing, I also track my calories with Spark People, I try not to go over 1000 calories a day. Do you think your thyroid problem may have something to do with your weight gain, maybe ask Dr.Cobourn when you speak with him.

Sorry to hear about your mother, hopefully it will get a little easier for you in the next few days.

As Cloe and Yoda have already said make your day in Toronto a treat to your self, YOU DESERVE IT.

Maria:)