Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey JUDE048!

Hey Jude.....all the best to you, your mom and your family. Just try and also take care of yourself too. I understand you aren't (can't) put yourself first right now...and that is why you are unable to go to TO (for a possible de-fill).....so plse just try and ensure you get as much nutrient enriched and Protein enriched fluids in ya.

(((((hugz))))))

and get enough sleep. Keep your strength.

Hang in there, Jude. The only thing to focus on now is your mom, and making sure you have some nutients in you. via vitimans, drinks, something. You will get thru this. Take care of yourself.

hi jude.all the best to you &your mom. you have to much on your plate to worry about your weight right now. btw. throw out those scales, they must be broken.lol

Oh Jude... I'm sorry about everything. Hopefully things will start to look up soon.

I hear ya about the not being able to eat... I couldn't beileve pudding could be so hard to eat. It's gotten better for me, and I'm sure it will for you too. Just hang in there. :hug:

Hi Guys,

Trying to catch up on posts - sounds like you are all doing fairly well!

My mom who seemed to be on her absolute last legs - decided to take a blood transfusion. She got one on Thursday and another one on Friday and was actually up sitting in a chair today. She walked with a walker around the floor of the hospital this afternoon! They say that they will be able to give her some physio and get her well enough to send her to a nursing home.

This woman's blood pressure was 80 over 40 for a few weeks and she had lost so much blood her hemoglobin was down to 62 which is about half normal and now she is making a comeback! I honestly do not know where she is getting the strength to fight - I am exhausted and I am not even sick!!!

I have spent several nights sleeping over at the hospital - and going at 7:00 am and leaving between 10:00 and 12:00 pm. Catching cat naps here and there. My sister and I finally decided to trade off days and only one of us is going each day now. So I did not go Friday and I will get a break next week a couple of days.

All of this time the stress I guess has caused my band to be VERY tight. I have only been able to eat Soup up till yesterday. Because I was home yesterday and was having grandsons for dinner - I cooked. I had some mashed potato and meatloaf for dinner - probably about 2 tablespoons of each and did fine with it. Just me and 4 boys for dinner. However, today I took some to the hospital for my mom for dinner and I tried to eat some and PB'd it all up!

THE GOOD NEWS IS: the ticker is no longer a lie - I was down to 219.4 a couple of days ago!!!

Thanks for all your well wishes, support and prayers - much appreciated!!!

jude

Great news about your mom Jude, and nice to that you have lost some weight. Would you be able to go see Dr. Cobourn soon, or call and ask about your fill. You need to eat something more than Soup to keep your strengh up, you don't want to sick yourself now.

Will keep you and your mom in our prayers that everything will keep going well for her and for yourself.

Look after yourself

Maria:)

Happy to hear your mom is doing better. Congrats on your weight loss. Now, take some time and take care of you!!!

<<<<HUGZ>>>>

Jude, you are certainley an inspiration to me, how you keep going. We know where you get your strength from, your mother. Your story helps us all to remember what really matters in this world, FAMILY! Please take care, keep us posted, best wishes for you and your family.

Hi Jude,

I'm glad to hear about your mom :D And WOOOOO! for the ticker no longer being a lie !!!!!!

Mandi

Hey Jude *hums*

So happy to hear about your mom doing better!! Now....how about YOU? hmmmmm??? I hope you are taking care of you too!!!

Hi Jude, just wanted to say that I know how stressful caring for a parent can be. Please pat yourself on the back for the great job your doing!

Hi Everyone!

Just to let you know I finally got back to Toronto yesterday for a defill. I was still unable to eat anything but Soup and ice cream. It has now been 4 weeks that I was unable to eat.

Yahoo! Tonight I actually ate some tuna and some cottage cheese!!!!

Dr. C gave me shit for eating ice cream - I told him that I'd had ice cream 3 times in the 4 weeks. He was not at all impressed. He does however want me to see an endocrinologist since I am still not losing what I should be losing with my band. So I guess I will be starting on another ride - this time on a different roller coaster.

My mom has improved enough that they are going to set her up for long term care in a nursing home. The wait list here is 700 and they say it could take up to 6 months for her to be placed. In the meantime they are going to keep her in the hospital in a chronic care unit but it is very nice and the staff are great!!! She has been "doing her thing" though.

One night last week - she decided to leave the floor for a smoke and got lost and couldn't find her way back to her room - didn't know the room number or the floor - etc - she told whoever found her that she was in a hospital in a city 60 miles away!!!!!! We chuckled about that one!!! Of course she got "warnings" about leaving the floor and was told if she tried it again they would put a "tracking device" that sounds an alarm on her ankle.

Just a few nights ago - she decided she wouldn't try leaving the floor as she was told -- so she decided to have her smoke in the john and set off alarms - so then they told her that they had to lock up her smokes and her lighter. Now she is really pissed at the entire institution!!!

You have to understand that she is a 78 1/2 yr old woman who weighs maybe 105 lbs - has been smoking since she was 17 and has cancer all over and Alzheimer's - I mean -- is she "cute" or what!!!!! Talk about spunk!!! You gotta laugh or you would just start to cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I have been spending days there from 9:00 am - till about 6:30 pm. That way, I can take her outside for a smoke and she doesn't get into all kinds of trouble. No nursing homes in Ontario allow smoking anymore and since she will be in a "secure" area because of the Alzheimer's she will not even be able to go outside at all. That is when the fun is really going to start - grinning from ear to ear!!!

Other than Monday and 1 other day - I have not taken any days off - but YEAH!!!! I am staying home tomorrow and my 4 grandsons are coming for dinner and I promised them they could build their own personal size pizzas for dinner exactly the way they want them. It will be a great fun time for me and just fun and no stress!

I have managed to lose 1 more pound! Not much considering I haven't been able to eat for 4 weeks but hey at least it is not a gain.

Thanks everyone for all the support - keep working hard - will catch up with you all in a week or so.

jude

Thanks for the update Jude!

I hope the endocrinologist can perhaps shed some light on your situation.

Your mom's spunk does crak me up....I can only hope I'm that spunky when I'm that age!! LOL.

Enjoy the pizza time with your grandsons! Anything they want on it, eh? uhoh.....lock up the Gummy bears!!!

:)

Great news about your mom Jude, my mom was the same way, my sister took her to live with her and she did not like it, wanted to go to her own house, started telling everyone my sister was keeping her a prisoner. it is something to look back on and laugh about now.

Great that you got unfill, and are able to eat more than Soup and ice cream:hungry:

They should be interesting pizza's, that is a good idea though, i should try that with my grandson's next time they come for dinner.

Take care and will be looking forward to your next visit.:)

Maria:)