Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey JUDE048!

Hey Everyone,

Yesterday was official weigh-in on the Canadian boards so I weighed myself to record. (I have been shunning the scales) I weighed in at 226 and recorded it defeated as I was! It has been hot and humid for a few days and I know Fluid was a factor so I couldn't pass by those scales this morning without getting on. Weighed in at 223 which at least is not so defeating!!

I have been paying particular attention on all three boards for posts about what people are eating. I have been paying attention to the caloric intake and even if people did not say, I was sort of doing the math in my head and there seems to be many who are sticking to lower intake. There was a great long post within the last couple of days by one person on the Canadian boards who has been very successful (almost at goal) and she has been "religiously" sticking to 1000 cals. That gives me hope that I can stick to a lower caloric intake and perhaps fool this body into not overproducing cortisol and losing - perhaps a little slower than others but losing just the same.

I am going to the clinic tomorrow for a second fill. It worries me a little. I already have restriction - when I eat too fast or don't chew well enough - I get an IMMEDIATE reminder. I am going to stick at no more than .5 - perhaps .4 cc. I will not be seeing Dr. C again this time. He is not in the office until 3:30 and his first few app'ts were full because of being away. I have to catch that train at 5:30 from Union or there is not another one until 10:00 pm and I wouldn't get home till midnight.

So Marie is doing my fill again this time. I need to have some time to go get something to eat or drink and to make sure that I am OK before getting on that train. The logisitics of going back especially on short notice are horrendous. My mom can't be left alone - not even for 5 minutes now. Getting Nana sitters is way more difficult than getting sitters for kids ever was.

So tomorrow night - will be an interesting one and will let you guys know how it goes.

By the way - Have I said "THANKS" for all the support???? If I haven't - then "THANKS" for all the support! It is great to have such great caring online buddies!

jude

PS: That damned ticker is still a lie!

hey jude.."thatt damned ticker being still a lie" wil only be so for a little while longer, you are doing great even in the humidity we had. I am one of your biggest fans and have a huge amount of respect for you. I also read of your plight with mother etc..and know you have the tenactiy to do what it takes ands yes that band with the woman who does 1000 cal, is pretty disciplined and you can do that, no problem.

All the best

KIm

Good luck Jude, let us know how the fill goes!

I know who you're talking about... posting about the 1000 cal's a day. Keep in mind that she started 140lbs heavier than you, so that's definitely not someone you want to be comparing yourself to! (if you're thinking "she lost 100 lbs in 7 months, so I should have lost 40 by now" or something like that)

:hug:

Mandi

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the encouragement!!! It really does mean a lot!

The day went off without a hitch. I was at the clinic early - 1:30 so Marie took me in - 2 new nurses - are being trained and they were observing and doing a little hands on. I opted for .4cc and Marie took everything out and gave me 1.4. She did it on the first poke this time and she was happy. She also said my port is quite a bit deeper than it was last time - saying it was loss of belly fat that makes it so. Water went down fine.

I was officially down 4 1/2 lbs from the date of the last fill - and since I gained 7 after that fill - I guess I was ok! I am still not down to the ticker numbers - this am I was 220.6 so another lb will make the ticker tell no lies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway Marie made me go over to Mama Rosa's - actually she came with me - she said she sends people over all the time and had not been over and didn't know what they had on the menu. She wanted me to eat something I had to chew and I was going to have scrambled egg but she said no - get the chef salad - so I did and I ate about 1/3 of it - and I went back over to the office and reported I was ok and they called me a taxi and I headed for Union Station. I was actually early for my train and home by 7:30 so it was a smooth day.

My daughter did the Nana-sitting and everything was fine here also so good day all around.

I had some Soup for dinner and will stick to Water and/or some coffee tonight.

Will let everyone know tomorrow how it goes!

PS: The ticker is still a lie!

yes jude, so glad today went off fine without a hitch. To the beginning of many great days for you! cheers!

kim

That is great Jude....glad ur fill went well. I hope you also had a less of a stressful day and actually enjoyed it!!!

Be good to yourself....okay?

Haha! That's funny that she told you what to eat! I can totally see her doing that!

I hope that this fill is good for you! Keep us updated :D

Mandi

Good Luck Jude.

Does anyone know if Marie is leaving? She was training someone new the day I had my surgery.

hi everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know - some changes have happened. Since surgery, I have found that I was restricted in the am and had hot coffee to warm up my band and open things up. As the day went on my restriction eased and I was able to eat more without discomfort.

Now, I still have the morning restriction but I now also have night restriction. During the afternoon it eases a little. Now this is interesting!

Yesterday I was able to eat some watery cream of wheat near noon and in the afternoon had about 1/4 cup of cottage cheese. At dinner I made Soup - the gardenay kind - 1 cup and it took major time to get it down - I had to sip, sip, sip. I also tried to eat some Tomato wedges but it was difficult and caused discomfort - so I quit.

Last night I tried a triscuit triangle with some thin cheese and some tuna on top - no go. One cracker and I was uncomfortable for a couple of hours.

In total, I got in something like 534 cals yesterday.

This morning the scales were at 220.2 which means I am about half a lb away from the ticker telling the truth!!!!!

Now, as for Marie. It was cute - she sat across from me and when the salad arrived - she said - you know there is nearly 300 cals there in Salad Dressing. I said - yep! She said that is a lot of salad for $3.50 - I said yep! The she asked me when I got back to the office how much of it I ate - and I said perhaps a third - ok she said!

Now when I was in the exam room we were talking about my mom - she asked me how old my mom was and I said - 78. She said well I am almost that age - I couldn't believe it!! So perhaps she is retiring!!! She didn't say anything though.

I am getting extra care relief starting today! Yeah!!!! There is a respite worker starting today from 1-4 an extra 3 hours per week. I am not going too far today - in case my mom gives her a hard time but - I am going as far as my daughter's and will see my grandsons for the afternoon - but will be close by if there are any problems. Her blood pressure is VERY low - hovering 80/40 and 90/50. That is why she passed out and fell.

It is too bad that my extra care comes two days in a row - Weds and Thurs but I will not complain - I am glad to have whatever time I can get to do my errands and have some "me" time.

You know Yoda - you did a grave thing here - giving me my own thread - I feel like I can just ramble on and use it as my own personal space really!!!!:scalesno:

Thanks for listening as always guys - much appreciated!

jude

PS: The ticker is still a lie!

Jude, Im so happy things are looking better for you. You have been through alot, and you deserve a little break!!!

My restriction is strange too, it comes and goes at weird times of day. Im just trying to find a pattern, not sure there is one.

Marie is funny, I sure hope she's not retiring. I cannot believe she would be that old. I never would have guessed. I sensed the last time I was there, that they were training more nurses for fills and what-not, because they will be moving into there newly built, larger building in September(ish) and then they will be expanding. She was telling me about 3 months ago that this is the job she always dreamed of, cause she really feels that shes making a difference. So hopefully she'll be sticking around.

Enjoy the bit of relief your getting, do something for YOU, and ramble on, we love hearing from you.:scalesno:

You know Yoda - you did a grave thing here - giving me my own thread - I feel like I can just ramble on and use it as my own personal space really!!!!:scalesno:

LOL....yup, ramble away Jude!! Tis all yours!!!!! hehe