Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OCTOBER 2011 SLEEVE ROSTER

Thanks so much, Get, for updating this the whole time! I am back and ready to participate again! I've had an excellent recovery, just been very, very lazy. Been following and reading, but not posting...I'm so bad. But now I'm hhhheeeeeeeerrreeee!!!!

I can't edit the main (first) post anymore since they changed the format :banghead: So now we just need to update with separate posts like GIMB bad been doing.

Thanks again!!!

I don't like this new format :0/

Yeah, tough to navigate and find my way around like I used to...no reputation changes you can add or subtract, can't just reply to a specific reply...list goes on. I guess I'll get used to it but sure frustrating!

How are you doing today?? You doing better, Belly?

I put in detail how I am on my "1st day of my journey" thread, but in short it was a hard day. Sharp tight side pains lower left side pains. Nausea. Attempted 1st Protein Drink n took all day to do about 8 sips of it. It fills u up super fast. Walked outside but overdid it in this hot weather. Very tired and weak. Weirdest dreams ever. Stopped taking some meds since found out tummy is not digesting them at all n told the nurse. hair is starting to go a little more. But I thank goodness am supposedly on track. How r u doing minimommmy????? Thank you kindly for asking. Hugs

Omg the weird, really vivid dreams! Thank you for posting...I thought I was going crazy!!

The worst ones are when I get a visual plus sensation that I've fallen n wake up with weak legs freaked out. I'm guessing the vivid dreams and nightmares are coming from the pain meeds. Glad I'm not the only one either. I been feel like I move around and talk in the dreams too. THey are heavy and bizarre kinds.

Official October Sleeve Roster (UPDATED)

3 – Mim, TinyTummie, Missy<3, beachlover09, Monty, ~eclipse~, AussiePatto

4 – JenniLee0628, ereneeh

6 – 5McK, JMYERS NOLA (Jason)

7 - Shamrock323

8 - ara1973

10 – kygal1982, Terry H,. Bakomom, A New Day, Pixie Jen, Courtines, Angelica

11 – lisajxoxo, Holiday, Fusilli66 (Gee), AnneAC, Boo2011

12 - +change (Jan)

13 – New start, Lozza, bklyncat58, Kim1204, countrysjr

14 – terrih1, oknev, Heller2U (Stephanie), AmberP, smallgirlsxthree (Stephanie)

17 – Hopeful Spirit (Phyllis), mamasez (Leah), Ren<3, MsKendraHL, meohmy, alexer, under200, gunning2005

18 – azsenior, KayyyBeee, KCSunshine, his2my2our4 (Kristin), mocha, bh7, ButterflyTX

19 – SmokyMountainGal2011, Browneyedsouljah, Yukon Kara, patd1952, marypenny, mrs somiss, Shea

20 – Soon2BMiniMommy (Chris), ab76307, Vegaslaw, vf59, StLouisSarah

25 - Free2B, saints92, jen1124, thecropqueen

26 - CTFats

27 - fatbetty

28 - GetInMyBelly

31 – iboprincess, Honeydue28 (Ronda), Sweetness2005, revan, bonkers, kaywiener, meli

I'm Shae and I was sleeved 10/19/2011.

Welcome shae! How'd it go? U r on the list updated above, which was created by soon2bminimommy . :0)

I must say, I agree with you... I don't care for this new format. I find it very confusing! One week after the sleeve, my husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer... so I've been rather absent from the conversations. We've been very involved in options for his treatment. And we are leaving for a week in our RV (going up to the local So. Cal mountains, to our local RV Resort) and will be out of touch for awhile.

I'm not losing any weight with this stress. But I hope to get back on track being away with just Garth & our two Dearheart Persians. Lots of quiet walks in the woods and evenings watching old movies. See you all when we get back.

Mary

My surgery went well but the hospital stay left alot to be desired.

I, like many of us have no veins. I was black and blue on both arms and had some really cocky guys come in and dig and dig to try and get an IV started even though I told everyone that Anisthesia would have to use an ultrasound to get one started. I am 19 days post-op and still have bruises. I look like an addict or something. Luckily it's cooler so I can wear long sleeves.

On the second day in the hospital, they said I had low potassium levels. The IV was disconnected because it was not in my vein. But they left it in for some stupid reason. I told the nurse this and she checked it with the saline stuff. It burned but went in. So she started the drip with set my arm on fire and put me in tears. I had to actually tell her to remove it. DA!! I still have a half dollar sized lump on my wrist. Then, she got even more brilliant. She came in with a horse pill that was 1 inch long, 2/3 of an inch wide and 1/4 inch thick. I am on day two less than 24 hours after the surgery and only allowed Water. She broke the pill in half and made me swallow it. I choked and gagged and it came out onto the floor so she had to go get another one. Same thing. I managed to get the third one down. I hurt so bad that I had to ask for my liquid meds. She kept coming in every half hour trying to get me to take the second half and 3 hours later I was able to get it down.

Then came the drain removal. I'm thinking that it may be a bit uncomfortable but I have a pretty high tollerance for pain so I'll be ok. Wrong! The lady said that removing it quick was the best way to do it because it causes the least amount of pain. OMG! she clipped the stitches and told me to take a deep breath. She said she would count to three and then pull. On two, she ripped it out. I screamed. Never felt anything like it in my life and I have two kids! It felt as though it whipped through and hit every organ along the way including my, um, female parts inside. I was in pain from it for hours.

Finally, I got to go home. Once I got home, I took one dose of the pain meds that night and have not needed any more. One dose of tylenol the next night and none since. I'm so glad the hospital stay is over. I would go through it all again though. If I did, I would certainly not let anyone near me without the ultrasound and tell the lady to go slow with the drain removal.

Mary Penny, I wish nothing but the best to you and your husband. Shea.....Lordy. You drefinitely had the experience and a half!

I'm one week post-op. Doing okay. Have been off of the pain meds and Tylonol for three days, but I'm still taking the spasm medication because I've had some that have taken my breath away. The most positive note I can comment on is not just that I'm losing some weight, but that I can say I went as a sleeve patient for Halloween this year.

So happy to be on the losers' bench!