Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy 1 Year Sleeve-i-Versary to me! 100# - GONE!

340110_10150290714243674_584758673_7753684_6135065_o.jpg?w=481&h=481

Before/After

One Year.

One.

HUNDRED.

#.

Wow…

32068_1511259380792_1213594481_31487061_4098045_n5.jpg?w=225&h=300Size 24

I thought I’d have alot to say. Waxing poetic about the journey. But really? I’m just happy. Healthier than I was a year ago. More conscious of what I put into my body. Better at maximizing whatever physical activities I can…There is alot to be said for that.

329128_10150320779348674_584758673_7982432_485510607_o.jpg?w=354&h=470Size 14

Though I’ve plateaued for the moment – I know it will come off…eventually. I’m only a few # away from “Onederland” which was a MAJOR anniversary goal that I’m kinda disappointed that I didn’t make, but… OH WELL. My doc is happy, and said I’m right on track. 4-6 more months will be my 16-18 month range for trying to get all the extra weight off, though that lofty. I was told 2 years is far more realistic – because the less you have to lose, the slower it starts to come off. We shall SEE about that.

None-the-less: My back has stopped hurting. My hips are happily swaying from side to side while thanking me. My knees are now chugging along like a well-oiled machine – INSTEAD instead of threatening to give out on me with every step.

301221_10150292125068674_584758673_7765804_40325_n1.jpg?w=146&h=299Feeling it!

I feel like a new person (and according to most folks, LOOK like one too – though my mind still has a problem reconciling the dramatic loss). I can run & play with my daughter. I can fit comfortably into my chair on the bus, train, booth, etc. I can go into a store and NOT have to slink to the back with the PLUS sizes and buy right off the rack in the regular Misses or Jr. Section. *head nod*

Yup. I can’t complain. And even if I could…I WOULDNT. I’ve come too far. And even with about 50# to go, I know it will come [off]. Slow & steady wins the race, right?

So, on my surgery anniversary (as with my wedding anniversary at the end of this week) – I am re-committing myself to this journey. Re-committing myself to a more healthy way of living. And more importantly, re-committing myself to LOVING myself, whatever state my body is in…Saggy boobs. Arm Flaps. And All. Because despite some insecurities about my “new” form (mainly my disdain that my cleavage ain’t what it used to be)…I still look DAMN. GOOD.

*cheers* to the next leg of this race. I’ll check in on the other side of 200!

all the best!

You couldn't convince me that cleavage ain't what it used to be ... and, sister, the vixen is NOT vanishing, she's coming out with a vengeance!! You look amazing to me!!!

I was just thinking about you the other day! You look amazing! Congrats!!

V.V.-

I love the tone of your message! It is so positve and really shows how at peace you are one year after surgery. Really, what more can we ask for than that? Oh yeah, to look smokin' hot which you do! :) Way to go!

Amanda

Wow, you look truly amazing! Congratulations on all your hard work.

hey it's been a while since i've seen you post. you were one of the first people that i read up on when i joined this site about a year ago. you look fabulous. i am 22w and if i could get to a 16w someone would have to slap me. mind you i'm no closer to my sleeve but that's a whole other story. you have done a great job i surprise that you want another 50lbs off. you look fine just how you are today. continue to work your sleeve girl you have done fantabulous.

WOW!!! You look amazing and so good to hear that you *feel* amazing too! Thanks for the post!

WOW... NOt only do you LOOK fantastic you look soooo confident! I love the poses... beautiful! =]

Nice job! You look great!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches