Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

travel back from Mexico, plane & car

Thanks! Of the tons and tons of post I've read, your is the first that I had heard anything about that before.

Any advise for a soon to sleever?

Thanks,

Don't go overboard with your "last meal's". I'm not talking about the night before...I'm talking about the weeks leading up to it. After all, these are not really your "last meals". They are (or should be) the last opportunities for you to gorge yourself...which we shouldn't be doing anyway. Quit coffee/caffeinated beverages a week to two weeks prior to surgery. This helps prevent withdrawal symptoms from occurring during your recovery period.

Do not judge your weight loss success against anybody but yourself. Some lose quickly, some lose slowly. It has a lot to do with how much you need to lose (i.e. someone who has 200+ pounds to lose will drop the first batch more quickly than someone who has 100 or less to lose). Also, our individual genetic makeup will dictate how fast we lose. If you only lose 5lbs a month, good for you! Were you doing that before the surgery? Probably not. Take your successes where you get them.

Be honest with yourself. Why are you eating that? Hungry? Bored? Depressed? It just tastes so damn good? I didn't do the counseling stuff because I was self pay and had a pretty good handle on what I needed to do, I just had trouble doing it. I think, for many, the counseling is ESSENTIAL and should be taken seriously.

And finally, RELAX! You'll be fine. Remember, slow down, not just eating, but slow down your mind and what you're doing in your life in general. It's not a race and there's no finish line. Take your life and your weight loss journey in stride and at a comfortable pace.

Don't go overboard with your "last meal's". I'm not talking about the night before...I'm talking about the weeks leading up to it. After all, these are not really your "last meals". They are (or should be) the last opportunities for you to gorge yourself...which we shouldn't be doing anyway. Quit coffee/caffeinated beverages a week to two weeks prior to surgery. This helps prevent withdrawal symptoms from occurring during your recovery period.

Do not judge your weight loss success against anybody but yourself. Some lose quickly, some lose slowly. It has a lot to do with how much you need to lose (i.e. someone who has 200+ pounds to lose will drop the first batch more quickly than someone who has 100 or less to lose). Also, our individual genetic makeup will dictate how fast we lose. If you only lose 5lbs a month, good for you! Were you doing that before the surgery? Probably not. Take your successes where you get them.

Be honest with yourself. Why are you eating that? Hungry? Bored? Depressed? It just tastes so damn good? I didn't do the counseling stuff because I was self pay and had a pretty good handle on what I needed to do, I just had trouble doing it. I think, for many, the counseling is ESSENTIAL and should be taken seriously.

And finally, RELAX! You'll be fine. Remember, slow down, not just eating, but slow down your mind and what you're doing in your life in general. It's not a race and there's no finish line. Take your life and your weight loss journey in stride and at a comfortable pace.

Thanks for all the advise. I sure need it. I'm less then 2 wks away and a little freaked out....ok a lot!! lol. I've been 'dieting' for the last few weeks but guess I should give up the caffeine. How about the 5 hr energy shots, will that work for the caffeine fix? I'll miss my diet sodas. lol.

Thanks for all the advise. I sure need it. I'm less then 2 wks away and a little freaked out....ok a lot!! lol. I've been 'dieting' for the last few weeks but guess I should give up the caffeine. How about the 5 hr energy shots, will that work for the caffeine fix? I'll miss my diet sodas. lol.

I've never used those 5hr energy things (or any energy drink). I imagine you would have similar withdrawal symptoms, but I cannot be sure. I just know that those things (red bulls, etc) are horrible for our bodies. So was that mocha (non-fat, no whip) I had though....oh well.

You're going to be nervous and guess what...you'll continue to be nervous up to that moment you wake up from surgery and realize having surgery sucks cause it hurts like a sonofabytch. And you'll question yourself and your decision when that pain is gone, but when you are only down ten pounds, twenty pounds, thirty pounds. But, once you pass "that" point (it's gonna be different for each of us; for me it was 250 and then 230) you'll finally begin to accept this as the most amazing and best decision you ever made.

Sorry, I'm not good at fluffy talk. I tell it like it is. Surgery sucks. Not eating our favorite foods sucks. But heart disease, diabetes and premature death suck a bit more.

bugwitch - OMG lol, your the first person I've heard say the surgery hurts like a "sonofabytch", LOL. Everyone is usually so "cheery" about it, saying I didn't have any pain at all, lol.

I guess I have the some outlook as you, this is going to suck...not eating my favorite food, finding a new best friend or "divorcing food" my friend calls it, .....but being healthier, feeling better, more attactive and attractive, living a real life! alll those things sound so so good and worth it. I hope so, got my date....Oct 7th! ....ten days away....oh my.

bugwitch - OMG lol, your the first person I've heard say the surgery hurts like a "sonofabytch", LOL. Everyone is usually so "cheery" about it, saying I didn't have any pain at all, lol.

You'll be fine.

No one, and I mean NO ONE, wakes up in the recovery room and think to themselves...this feels lovely!