Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long before it stops !!!!

Hi everyone. It has been 3 months this comming saturday since my surgery...and My hair is just falling every second.

My Dr says its normal, not to worry, but....when will it stop !!

He does not want to give me any meds for it, but i am just so stressedvevery time i see a little hair on my clothrs, car, room, floor !!!!!

When did it stop for you, or any Shampoo you trust to work, help !!

Thank you

A

Mine stopped at about one year post op. It slowed down at about 9 months but was still falling out.

My PA suggested over- the- counter Biotin. I just bought a bottle at my local pharmacy. You can also buy a hair, Nails, and Skin vitiamin but that contained a lot of other things as well so I just stuck with the pure Biotin. I started taking it about 2 months after surgery. I also started using the Nioxin Shampoo about 3 months out. I purchased that from Amazon. It was suggested by my hairdresser. She also suggested that I only shampoo my hair twice a week for a few months to minimize any damage. I am now 5 months out and while I have some Hair loss, it is not too bad. I don't know if the Vitamins and shampoo made any difference at all, but I decided it was a small price to pay to try to minimize hair loss.

I hope your hair loss stops soon. Remember, people will be too busy looking at your slimmer figure to pay attention to your hair. ;)

Marie

Good morning. I just posted a very similar question before even seeing your post. I've been thinking about hair loss lately and I have to say I am extremely nervous as my hair is already sooooo thin. I've heard of several people taking Biotin but I wonder if it really works. I was just sitting her thinking should I prepare myself to be a wig wearer - which I don't have the face for; a weave wearer - but what can the weave be adhered to if I don't have any hair; or should I make an appointment to see the first available doctor at the hair club for women. I know everybody is different and I may not lose any hair at all but I really do want to be prepared in the event that I do.

If I hear of any proven remedies I will let you know. Until then, be encouraged!

All the best,

Niki

Mine was falling out in clumps a few months ago. That's when it started for me.. beginning of summer I suppose. Back in April I cut my nearly butt length hair way shorter (above the shoulder) so it wouldn't look gross when it started falling out. I've been using Garnier Hard to Grow Hair Shampoo & conditioner. I don't know if that's been helping the slow down in Hair loss or if it's just slowing down on its own but it's not nearly as severe as it was. I've also been using Garnier's Smoothing serum that has argon oil in it. When I got my hair cut last week, she told me she hasn't seen my hair looking this healthy in YEARS. She did fuss at me for not taking my Biotin religiously though. I think the hair loss thing is inevitable and we just need to figure out how to make it work until it stops. I've been playing with styling my hair (something I've NEVER done so I'm completely inept at it) and using hair flower clips and things like that take the focus off my thinned out hair.

Don't mean to be a pooper here, but mine is still falling out at 21 months out. And I don't mean little bit either. . amazingly however, it's very thin but i'm not balding . . .

I have had some hair loss, but maybe not as bad as others. My hair is VERY thick and I can't say I noticed a difference, except that there was hair all over the bathroom floor and I am always picking hair off my shirt. 8 weeks after surgery I got a cute short hair cut to go with my new lifestyle, and I'm glad I did. Easier to manage and the Hair loss doesn't show. Also, as the hair grows back, it is very short so it blends a little with my already short hairstyle.

Time is the only way to get past this one...

Thank you guys !! i have written down all shampoos and biotin!!

I have also read about ovationnhair therapy, it is even used with quimio patients, I and willing to try everything, and yes, even washing my hair less times per week !!!!!

A friend used zinc, that also could be an option.

I know Hair loss is normal, as stall, nut when you are actually going thru it it just sucks !, no matter how normal !!!

May we continue to lose weight....gain hair !!

Thank you again !!

It usually starts at about 4 months.

I started taking Biotin before I had lap band surgery. I took it the entire time and i am still taking it. I don't think it does anything, but I am afraid to stop taking it. I lost a lot of hair with lap band surgery and then lost it again when I had my revision. I was taking Biotin and hair and nails Vitamins the entire time. I also used Nioxin Shampoo.< /p>