Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how the heck did i gain weight

I was banded on june 21. I've gone up 4 pounds since then. I drink a carnation Breakfast with Unjury in it for breakfast. chicken and raw veggies lunch, and eat dinner with my family at dinner (No more the 1/2 cup). I walk everyday for an hour, slow but i'm walking. I eat less then 800 cal a day. I have a fill scheduled for the 26 of this month. I don't really chew my food any more then before. I've never pb or slimed and everything goes right down. Will a fill fix this? Can i be aggressive with a fill? :help:

Learn to chew. You'll regret it when you get a fill if you don't. Chew, chew, chew, chew, chew. Whether you feel like you need to or not.

Are you logging your food and exercise? If not, you should start right away. Are you taking your body measurements? If not, you should do it right away. Are you drinking enough Water? Water is key. If I don't get enough, I don't lose no matter what I do.

Those are my first thoughts and suggestions. Good luck.

Sounds like you might be building muscle. Does it feel like your clothes are fitting loosly?

Maybe you have some Water weight. Try limiting salt and drink lots of Water, it might help.

Definately measure your body with a tape measure, do your hips, waist, arms, legs, and neck. Oh yea and boobies too.

Always wear the same outfit while measuring although I'd prefer to do it naked hehe.

Also, don't let the scale get to you. I have a very accurate scale that has not failed me for years and somehow between Monday and Tuesday last week it said I lost three pounds. Obviously it wasn't fat loss, just water.

Sometimes water can be as much as like 10lbs!

Good luck and don't give up. And throw the scale away!

I gained approximately 4 lbs also recently. I was banded on the 20th of June, I have since gotten it back off plus more but I figured it was my monthly cycle...

First..only weigh yourself weekly, not sure if you are doing this or weighing daily.

Secondly....there are many factors that will affect the numbers on the scale. Believe it or not, air pressure, humidity, Constipation, and when you weigh.....you should always weigh yourself at the same time of day, preferably in the am before you have begun to eat or drink.

In hot humid conditions or if you have been exerting yourself more than usual your body will automatically build Fluid and try to hold onto it to help dehydration. Be careful of eating commercial food product and its sodium content, this will also cause Water retention.....in the worse way.

Constitpation is a common occurrence when your body is going through changes such as yours....that counts for an upward move on the scale also.

So, don't panic....do what you have been instructed to do by your lapband Dr's team and you will see the scale move downwards soon enough.

Carol

If you're only eating around 800 calories a day, then the problem may be that you are not eating enough. If you drop below 1200 calories a day for a long period of time, and/or you are not getting enough grams of Protein to maintain your lean body mass, your body will go into starvation mode and hold onto everything. I would make sure you're eating 1200-1400 calories a day, maybe even have a couple of days higher, to get your body back on track, and make sure you're getting enough Protein. If you keep on with healthy high Fiber low fat food and get adequate protein (good rule of thumb is .8 grams of protein per pound of goal body weight -minimum-), the weight should start coming off again. Don't be afraid to eat! Your body needs calories to burn fat, too little can be as bad as too many, your metabolism will get compromised. If you're unsure about this, check with a nutritionist, they will tell you the same thing.

XO

Leila