Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other London bansters out there?

Tracy, i know what you mean about being a stress head. I am only 1 week post banding and am convinced that i have band slippage and that my port has flipped. I have no evidence to prove and disprove these theories just my being an eternal pesimist, i'm sure i'll be convinced of band errosion in a few months too. When i care around in recovery i have a terrible urge to vomit and so retched a couple of times (which quickly resolved when i have an anti-sickness injection) but since i had been convinced that this has done some damage, only half an hour after placement of my beloved and long awaited band.

thanks for the reply,

i am 5'7'' tall

i started out at 15 stone (and a bit after so many last suppers)

i'm now 12 and a half stone, however - i do keep hitting nearly 13 stone

i had got down to 12.4 a while ago but put it on again,

holidays and loss of restriction meant a bit of a binge, and i know i should use willpower - but.....

oh i am a bit of a stress head thou, i read about things like band erosion, or slippage, and think i've got that -

my latest thing was thinking i had port disconnection due to the lack of restriction - but at my last fill he withdrew Fluid so said its not that

my one year check is soon - so am booked in for an x-ray

hopefully all is well

but i sometimes am sick and a few times will pb, so worry that i have damaged it

i would hate to have hurt my band, as it is without doubt thew best thing i have ever done

speak soon, tracy x x

Hi Tracy,

We could be twins in this compartment. Likewise, I worried that I hv hurt my band when my weight started going upwards instead of down, my radiologist arranged for me to have a fill under xray. Everything was fine there just top me up to max i.e. 6.8ml in a 7ml band. I cant eat much now and pb quite alot, bcos I still hv yet to master of eating very very slowly and small tiny mini pcs, and STOP when full. I keep trying it on. And ended up being in pain. Totally my fault, as I said previously they should hv banded my brain too. My weight is going down but oh so slowly..... but the Dr did say it would take 1-2yrs b4 we will lose at least 80% of our overweight weights. I lost 24lbs, and wud be happy to lose another 35lbs, depending what dress size I want to be, and I dont want to be too skinny. So, yeah, Im cool (not really, but Im trying not to feel too depress. Im 12.3 now and wud be exhilarated to be 10.5st, perhaps by 2moro??).

:confused: hiya

i live in London (woolwich)

was banded in December

in Belgium

mine

My husband is from Bristol (but he moved to New Jersey so we could get married).... does that count??

anyway, it's nice to talk to someone on the other side of the pond. None of his relatives over there ever heard of such a procedure. I can't wait to tell hubby that even the Brits are doing it!! Good luck and keep in touch!

Hi Andrea what part of Bristol dose he come fropm. I live quite near BristolMrs D

Hi

I was also banded at the Highgate on the 25th feb with prof Hakim.

I live in kent. How are you doing? Where are you going for your post op checks, is it the Maidstone clinic?

Hope to hear from you soon:)

I also live in Kent, did you go private or NHS in Maidstone. I am looking for the right person to go to as I am not sure if I should go to Belgium or stay here. Can you advise me pls. I am about 20 minutes from Maidstone. I am very scared of surgeons as one insulted me about my weight, he screamed out on the ward after I had 6 hours of back surgery that I was so fat and I should do something about it. It has left me traumatised.

Hiya

i had my band fitted

by

DR Marc Focquet

in Belgium... but

he does consultaions and fills in london

at

4 Upper Wimpole Street

London

W1G6LF

020 7 060 1954

www.gastricband.org

there is also a forum on his site

mine

xxxx

he charges £60 for fills, hope this helps

Is he good, is he friendly? how did you get on, are you glad you have done it? I have 6 stone to lose how are you progressing. Does he require the pre op diet like the shakes etc? I can't wait to have it done but I want to make sure I am going to the right person. Thanks for your reply..:)

Hi ya

i hd my OP in Belgium on the 18th Dec, i was 17st and a bit

i am 15st 11 now i have had 3 fills, a i have a good level of restriction at the moment,and yes i am very glad i had the band and if i were to have it done i would still be banded by Dr marc, Dr Marc is very nice, and very friendly have a look at the web site, there is also a forum there which is very good,www.gastricband.org hope all this helps

all the very best and do let me know who you get n

mine

xxxxx

PS. no he does not ask you to diet pre OP!!!!!

I also live in Kent, did you go private or NHS in Maidstone. I am looking for the right person to go to as I am not sure if I should go to Belgium or stay here. Can you advise me pls. I am about 20 minutes from Maidstone. I am very scared of surgeons as one insulted me about my weight, he screamed out on the ward after I had 6 hours of back surgery that I was so fat and I should do something about it. It has left me traumatised.

Hi Daisy. Sorry for the delay in replying. I self funded my band. I found that they were really nice. I decided to have the op in the UK for the local aftercare at the maidstone clinic. The surgery was in London, I think that the fills are in London too, Haven't had one yet. Got an appointment tomorrow with the clinic nurse, am going to ask for an appointment for my first fill, Have you made a decision yet on who you are going to go with? Good luck. Take care. :D

Hi there London lapbanders. I was banded on Sat 19th July by Professor Hakim - op was done at St John and St Elizabeth's Hospital. Everything seems to be going well so far - to other patients of Professor Hakim's - has he advised that you do a liquid diet for 2 weeks too?

Hiya

I live near Cambridge, banded in Prague and going for fills in London

I get about lol

Amanda

Hi! i am in Gatwick - classes as London - still dont get that. ANyway hopefully will be banded by Mr Pring at the SPire hospital in gatwick.

Kim:)

Hello!

I am just wondering if their are any others like me who have been banded and are in the london area? Or even uk? It would be lovely to have other people that are locall and in the same situation as me!

Best wishes

hi i had mt band on 29th april2010 how you doing now