Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK Mid-August sleevers, what are ya'll eating now???

I was sleeved Aug 15th by Dr David Kim in the Dallas Ft Worth area and I'd like to know what kind of meals or food are ya'll eating now. My staple consists mostly of mashed potatoes, more mashed potatoes and even more mashed potatoes. Ive tried a few other things-oatmeal, malt o meal, cream Soups but hadnt tried much else. What is everyone else trying that is along the same timeframe as I am. Gees I look up and im what 24 days out now....time flies

I was sleeved on Aug 23rd. I have a Protein Shake for Breakfast. Cottage cheese for lunch, and either Soup or mashed potatoes w/ a little cheese for supper. Even though I think I am taking a small portion, sometimes I take too much. I end up putting some back or giving it to the dog. A few bites and I am full. Lots of low cal liquids and Water throughout the day.

I was August 10th so as of yesterday (4 weeks) I was released to my second stage of foods. My plan calls it "purees" but it's really much more lenient than that. I can have soft moist meats (canned chicken/tuna), and other meats if they are slow-cooked and/or very moist; eggs, lots of fruits, some veggies like green Beans, mushrooms, asparagus, cucumbers, Water chestnuts . . . I can also have soft grains like cream of wheat, oatmeal, etc. but I'm not really eating any of those. Surprisingly carbs don't taste good to me anymore.

My typical breakfast is an egg and a half a small banana. I am having sliced cucumbers with lowfat ranch dressing and an ounce of tuna salad made with olive oil mayo and dill relish for lunch. I don't know about dinner yet but I'm thinking rotisserie chicken from costco and either a veggie or some cheese. I'm also doing 2 Protein drinks a day, once in the morning and once in the evening.

I was sleeved August 12. I don't have much variety in my meals, either. I eat refried Beans at least twice a day. I mix it with melted cheese and a spoonful of Greek yogurt.

I also like to eat Shelly's Baked Ricotta (scroll down for the recipe: http://theworldaccor...reed-foods.html). I haven't cooked this yet, but I want to try Shelly's Quickie Meatball Bake today (http://theworldaccor...-leftovers.html). I am a terrible cook, but hopefully it will turn out nonpoisonous.

I have some Greek yogurt here, some cottage cheese there. I try to make sure that my mushies are high in Protein, because I am not a huge Protein shake fan. Now I only have to drink one Protein Shake a day (that I mix with skim milk for added protein).

i tried something new today and it went down really good. I went to Walmart, for a buck they have a michelenas lean gourmet beef patty with mashed potatoes(190 calorie for the whole meal) the meat was really really soft. Its funny 2 months ago I would have laughed at this and called it a snack for a 2 year old, but it took me an hour to finish it and Im stuffed......link to it http://www.michelinas.com/ProductByIngredient_LG_10630_Salisbury_Steak_Mashed_Potatoes_Beef.aspx

i tried something new today and it went down really good. I went to Walmart, for a buck they have a michelenas lean gourmet beef patty with mashed potatoes(190 calorie for the whole meal) the meat was really really soft. Its funny 2 months ago I would have laughed at this and called it a snack for a 2 year old, but it took me an hour to finish it and Im stuffed......link to it http://www.michelina...atoes_Beef.aspx

I'll have to try that. It would be nice to eat a "normal meal" again. It still amazes me at how little I can eat to feel satisfied, compared to what I used to eat.

I am eating some stir-fried tofu right now. It's pretty tasty with all of the seasonings. Normally I wouldn't touch tofu, but it makes a nice meal. I've basically been a vegetarian since surgery!

I was sleeved the 15th also. I usually have a Premier Protein shake for Breakfast (30g protein) for lunch and dinner I usually have one of a variety of organic vegetable and lentil or black bean Soups. There is just enough liquid to make it the pancake batter consistency my doc wants. One can is 2 cups roughly after I put it through the vitamix. If I get bored I make my own Soup with tofu and spinich etc. For something more desert ish, I make a fruit smoothie with flavorless Protein Powder. I got sick on cream of chicken so I stay away from cream soups and milk based things now. I drink several bottles of Water with a 1/2 a serving of crystal light (plain water makes me feel icky and a full serving of crystal light is too sweet)

Wow, some of you are lucky! I don't get meats until 4 weeks out and fruits and veggies are at week 5. I wonder why mine is a little stricter? Hmmm. Oh well. I'm doing what they tell me.