Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need motivation, I cant eat cant drink!!!!

I was sleeved on Aug 15th and have not really had many complications from the surgery besides the norm. Since I have been out of the hospital I have a hard time drinking and eating anything. I know im not doing Protein Shakes like im supposed to and I go 2-3 days without eating ANYTHING. I drink maybe 20 ounces a day or so but im never thirsty. The smell of food does nothing for me now and I hadnt been hungry in two weeks(its amazing how I used to eat when I wasnt hungry pre sleeve too and didnt have to force myself) Anyone else out there like me? I tried sticking to a plan but its so hard to do since I got more time for living since Im not always eating. As of now, I ate about 3 oz of creamy mashed potatoes at noon on friday. I dont even feel run down like everyone says they are. Weird....

What is your dr's guidelines for right now? Your fluids are so important - make sure you get those in 64 oz minimum - you need that or will be dehydrated, whether you are thirsty or not. I haven't been doing much shakes myself, I don't have a set amount at this stage what I need to have so I have been trying to do what I can do. I find I have to set an alarm to remember to eat, Vitamins. I just drink all day. I am one week further out than you.

What is your dr's guidelines for right now? Your fluids are so important - make sure you get those in 64 oz minimum - you need that or will be dehydrated, whether you are thirsty or not. I haven't been doing much shakes myself, I don't have a set amount at this stage what I need to have so I have been trying to do what I can do. I find I have to set an alarm to remember to eat, Vitamins. I just drink all day. I am one week further out than you.

the doc says I can do puree right now and supposedly 64 oz of liquids, 64 grams Protein but im no where even close. I am forcing crystal light down right now since I found one I like(fruit punch)

I think that for a long, long time you will not be able to rely on whether or not you feel hungry. I was off from work for 3 weeks after surgery, My full time job during that time was to get in the 60 grams of Protein and 64 ounces of Water per day. During the first week post-op, I was only eating about 30 grams of Protein per day but according to my Doctor's guidelines, I needed to ramp up to 60 ASAP. The reason I say it was a full time job is because it took a lot of energy to find the right things to eat/drink. I scoured this message board for suggestions and tried a multitude of different things. I NEVER felt hungry or thirsty (and still don't, at 4.5 months post op). Many days still its just mind over matter. I tell myself what I am going to eat, and I eat it whether I feel like it or not. I have a drastically altered relationship with food these days.

I am afraid you are going to make your self sick if you don't eat the minimums.

All the best....

Marie

I'm with you on the drinking thing. I struggle to get my liquids In. I had my surgery Aug 9 and I wouldn't mind if I couldn't eat or drink. I guess we are going to have to buck up and drink our 64ounces and get our Protein in. We don't want to get sick from not following the Dr. Orders. There are days when I'm lucky to get in 30ounces. Good luck

I'm in the same boat and sometime I have to remind myself to eat. I pack my lunch with a small 4 oz container of Jello, 4oz Protein Drink and some other 4 oz snack like sf applesauce. It is my goal while at work to eat some (if not all) of each before I leave the office.

its getting a little better for me, at least Im drinking more and dont feel that weird gurgle in my stomach. Im up to eating a little twice a day now WHOO HOO!!!. Down 23 pounds since surgery- 21 days out now.....

So glad to hear it!!

I was sleeved on Aug 15th and have not really had many complications from the surgery besides the norm. Since I have been out of the hospital I have a hard time drinking and eating anything. I know im not doing Protein shakes like im supposed to and I go 2-3 days without eating ANYTHING. I drink maybe 20 ounces a day or so but im never thirsty. The smell of food does nothing for me now and I hadnt been hungry in two weeks(its amazing how I used to eat when I wasnt hungry pre sleeve too and didnt have to force myself) Anyone else out there like me? I tried sticking to a plan but its so hard to do since I got more time for living since Im not always eating. As of now, I ate about 3 oz of creamy mashed potatoes at noon on friday. I dont even feel run down like everyone says they are. Weird....

I was sleeved on August 29 and have also lost my sense of hunger and drinking Protein drinks and Water is a challenge. I am now using an alarm on the half hour to remind me to drink at least 4 sips. I hope this helps.

I had mine Aug 9th, I was hoping it would get easier over time but it hasn't. I'm always worried about getting dehydrated. Good luck to y'all :)