Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Nor Cal Patients

I went through Kaiser Fremont. My surgeon was Dr. Hahn and I really like him. Dates for my journey, including first surgeon consult and surgery date are in my SIG below. Which Kaiser facility will you use? Each one has a slightly different program.

Lynda

I went through Kaiser Fremont. My surgeon was Dr. Hahn and I really like him. Dates for my journey, including first surgeon consult and surgery date are in my SIG below. Which Kaiser facility will you use? Each one has a slightly different program.

Lynda

I will be going to Richmond because I am from Sacramento.

I used the Richmond facility!! They ROCK!!

I had my orientation in October 2010, met my surgeon, Dr. Fisher, in November 2010 and had my surgery May 9, 2011. You really can set your own pace, if you are told to lose 20 lbs and you can do that in 2 months, then you can have the surgery in 2-3 months. I just took my time and made sure it was done properly and it was what I really wanted. That is why my process took so long.

Kaiser will let you pick your surgeon if you want and if you get a choice, pick him! He is AWESOME!! I really can not say enough nice things about Dr. Fisher, he is a no-nonsense type of guy and the Chief Surgeon. If you are someone that wants to just skate by to get the surgery, then he is probably not the guy for you, but if you want a REAL Dr. that will tell it to you straight and care for you the way you should be cared for, then request him!!

Good luck to you!

Kelly

My Doctor was Dr. Braggs and I love hime. He is very supportive and encouraging. I went to Kaiser Richmond and my surgery was on June 13,2011, I've lost 46 pounds. My sister in-law just had surgery this past Tuesday and she had my surgeon. Good luck on your surgery.B)

I was wondering who your surgeon was and if you liked them ? What was your time between meeting your surgeon and having your surgery ?

I was one of the first Sleeves that Kaiser Richmond did. I had Dr. Baggs and really love him. He's a great surgeon and great with the follow-up care as well. Dr. Fisher assisted in my surgery as they work in teams.

I went to orientation Mid-November 2009, waited to get an appointment with Dr. Baggs until Mid-December and had surgery on February 17th, 2010. I could have probably done it sooner but I didn't really get serious about the surgery until mid-January when my son left after visiting for a month.

There are support groups on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month that are a great way to keep everything fresh in your mind post-op.

We have a group here of northern california Kaiser patients. Look for it! :)

Dr. Alami- SSF.

11 weeks+-

I am 3 months out and will be checking in with him on Tuesday...

I ran out of the drug they give you for stomach acid- and think I need some... Heartburn city...

When I saw the heading Kaiser Nor Cal, it sparked my interest. I live in the Sac area and was sent to SF Kaiser because I was trying to get them to pay for band removal and revision. This was about 4 years ago. Frankly the doc was a jerk. He told me it was waaaay too dangerous and if I had my band removed and a revision, I would probably end up dead or in a nursing home. Yes! He actually used those words! He offered to remove my band and have me go through the whole new patient process all over again and ..."then we'll see".

I was just wondering if anyone here has had Kaiser approve and pay for any type of bariatric revision surgery?

I have not heard of Kaiser doing a revision on anyone. I'm sorry to say that. Most of the revisions that I've seen were done in Mexico. You might like to check on obesityhelp . com on the revision page.

Good Luck!!

Hi Chef,

Nice to see your posts again :) I also had my 3 month check in with Dr. Alami recently and requested for him to renew my PPI. It definitely helps me, although my acid issues are so much better now than even a month ago. How are you doing with your weigh loss, exercise, diet, etc.?

Dr. Alami- SSF.

11 weeks+-

I am 3 months out and will be checking in with him on Tuesday...

I ran out of the drug they give you for stomach acid- and think I need some... Heartburn city...

Hi there,

I went through Kaiser SSF with Dr. Alami in June 2011. He was great and I'm not having any issues except for a little acid still. Once I met my pre op weight loss goal and met with Dr. Alami, my surgery was scheduled right away...it's hard to remember, but I think within a month or so. I wish I had kept track of exact dates.

I was wondering who your surgeon was and if you liked them ? What was your time between meeting your surgeon and having your surgery ?

Hello,

Yesterday was my 19 months out from surgery. I just want to say, restriction is still great if I eat my Protein first and make it dense. If I eat things like greek yogurt, chili, slider foods etc, I do get hungry much quicker than I used to. For those of you still in the early months post-op, please remember that this is the time to learn those great new lifestyle habits that will help you stay successful in the long run.

I still love Sleevie as much as ever!

How are you doing with your weigh loss, exercise, diet, etc.?

HiYA! :)

I am doing well-

I still have issues eating, can't nail it down- why? greasy? or starchy foods?

Oh well- so I feed the bushes, guess it could be worse...

I worked outside today on my wines- it was hot! I had two dizzy spells-

been doing real good on that- coulda needed more Water or protein- I took a break and had both-

gonna work a 1/2 day and make the trek to SSF tomorrow-

Lost 87#- seems I lose more on my days off then days I work-

wife thinks it is because I eat more on days off...

neat concept?

I have been walking and riding my bike- also started lifting weights.

My pains- are GONE! no leg/feet/hip pain- not taken a tylonol or anything harder... since first week home...

The Wednesday support groups you mention, are they in Richmond? Does anyone know of any in Marin or close by? There is one in Santa Rosa, but on Saturday, and my kid plays sports. Thanks for any advice.