Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

this feels like a little mini success story!

Well since my surgery i havent been able to eat anything without having pain after just one bite. You know that feeling of your tummy squeezing down on you. It also could be described as before having the surgery when you ate a potatoe to fast and it got stuck in your esophagus. Really hurts bad enough to make you not want to eat or drink anything at all, which it did for me. Well tonight I actually felt hunger pains for the first time since my surgery. Not the kind that just knaw at you, but just the little rumble in there saying, 'hey I could use a little something.' Well I decided to give some spit pea Soup a try, and I ate it at just above warm. I took my first bite, and nothing, no pain at all. I was so happy! I took another small bite about 30 seconds after I swallowed the 1st and same thing! NO PAIN! I am so excited. I was able to actually eat about 1/4 cup of the soup and still havent had any complaints from my tiny little peanut gallery. I was starting to get a little upset thinking I was never going to be able to eat anything again.....So I consider this a little success story of my own! Please share when was the first time that you were able to eat something afteer your surgery without any pain....I think it might be helpful for those who are still having trouble with this and think that it will never get better. You know how it is when you are stuck in the momment and the feeling is that you will never be able to be normal again? Thank you all in advance! :rolleyes:

Everybody's pain is different. I think some of the swallowing is due to the breathing tube during surgery. I found the warmer the liquid the better tolerated it was for me. Also since it was winter time, I prefered things being warm as I was so cold after surgery as the weight dropped and I lost all my extra body fat that kept me warm previously. The key is going slowly and I also measured at the beginning to make sure I did not overeat.

Oh, I remember that feeling well! Hi from another small, picky sleeve. :rolleyes: I have to say it definitely gets better--measure everything, though. Even at 4 months out, I still measure by volume so I don't overeat--because those of us with picky sleeves know what happens when we do--it just comes back up and it's not pleasant. But on a happier note, you will be able to eat without pain. It may take you longer than some (it took me a LONG time), but it will happen. I totally Celebrate with you about feeling a little more "normal." Hang in there!!

thank you ! i cant wait for the pain to be totally gone, imm getten there, i can tell a difference already.

Oh, I remember that feeling well! Hi from another small, picky sleeve. :rolleyes: I have to say it definitely gets better--measure everything, though. Even at 4 months out, I still measure by volume so I don't overeat--because those of us with picky sleeves know what happens when we do--it just comes back up and it's not pleasant. But on a happier note, you will be able to eat without pain. It may take you longer than some (it took me a LONG time), but it will happen. I totally Celebrate with you about feeling a little more "normal." Hang in there!!

I haven't experienced any pain or vomiting after or during eating but every time I eat or drink, I burp! And it last for a while too. I can't wait for this to pass, If I wasn't at home it would be so embarrassing!! Lots of noises coming up from my tummy and out of my mouth too. it's a vocal little sleeve. :) I love it.

Thats great news Sassy!!! I know you will continue to get better and better every single day. :)

thank you miss diva!

i love it when you chime in!

Thats great news Sassy!!! I know you will continue to get better and better every single day. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches