Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi y'all. I am on day 5 post-op. It is my first day at home with the baby. She has been really great with watching movies most of the day and laying in my lap. We went for a short walk.

I took a nap this afternoon when she did, but I am absolutely exhausted. I am also a little dizzy. Has this happened to anyone else? I am eating SF popsicles, drinking Decaf tea, sugar free apple cider, and propel zero Water.

I took my B12 this morning, but it didn't seem to give me any energy at all.

Is this normal?

The only real pain I am having is the soreness below my ribcage and on my left side. My larger incision is itching so I assume that it is healing. It isn't red or hot - just weeping clear or yellow Fluid.

Thanks!

HDub

I have had a small amount of dizziness but I suspect for me, it's likely just from the lower caloric intake. I've felt kinda "spacey" since surgery if that makes sense?

I felt the same way the entire time I was on liquids and I took a sublingual B12 every day, too. Once I started mushies I was a bit perkier, but didn't really feel like myself again until I could eat regular foods again and I upped my carb intake a bit.

You've just put your body thru a tremendous change & it needs to to recover from the shock. Don't make the mistake of thinking you need to eat more calories - you have plenty of stored energy for your body to use that you don't need to add any extra than you're already getting. This first month is the hardest - I promise it gets easier!

i was a carb-a-holic so this could very easily be carb-withdrawal I think. I was ok in the hospital, but all I did was sleep, sip, and walk. I probably napped more than I realized. The trip coming home yesterday took a LOT out of me. I'm so excited that the baby and I will be going to bed early tonight.

I need to be more gentle with myself and stop forgetting that I had major surgery.

The good part is that I made the baby her dinner (Breakfast sausage and eggs - my FAVE!) and while it smells good I am not tempted at all to eat any of it. Before I wouldn't have been able to keep my composure at all.

i was a carb-a-holic so this could very easily be carb-withdrawal I think. I was ok in the hospital, but all I did was sleep, sip, and walk. I probably napped more than I realized. The trip coming home yesterday took a LOT out of me. I'm so excited that the baby and I will be going to bed early tonight.

I need to be more gentle with myself and stop forgetting that I had major surgery.

The good part is that I made the baby her dinner (breakfast sausage and eggs - my FAVE!) and while it smells good I am not tempted at all to eat any of it. Before I wouldn't have been able to keep my composure at all.

There's another thread about blood pressure. If you take BP meds, make sure it's not dropping too low. But I was also weak and exhausted for the first couple of months. It was a combo of BP, blood sugar and the extreme caloric restriction.

If it continues I would ask for your labs to be drawn. I had a pretty severe potassium deficiency about a month after surgery, so that combined with the severe calorie restriction made me dizzy and exhausted as well.

I am a little weak today..I also have a baby, well he's a toddler now. Those little nuggets can wear you down. I am 4 days post op. When is your next checkup. Maybe they can check your levels. Good luck!

I'm not scheduled for a visit until 3 months out unless there are complications. I have had issues with Potassium before but those almost always present as muscle cramps with me. I'm betting on the change in carbs & sugar coupled with the travel and stress.

(Oh and I had my first BM today...and 2nd and 3rd!)

Mine was due to Potassium. If you have had issues with it in the past I would definitely get labs drawn. I didn't have cramps this time, but did have dizziness which had not been a sign for me in the past. Don't want to mess around with it though. Also dehydration can ake you feel these same things so make sure you're getting your fluids. :)

I am trying to get down an Isopure with some Crystal Light added in. I think I am going to switch over to the Powerade Zero. From what I have heard, they electrolytes are better for me now than the Protein.< /p>

I try not to beat myself up about the Protein - it takes me all day to get my fluids right now and that is so important. I know I need to find a way to work it in but it makes me not want to drink if I think about the protein. I get some meats Tuesday, really hoping I can tolerate them because I know I need them!