Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just stay on the diet...

For the most part, I have a very supportive group of family and friends. But lately, since I've been on the pre-op diet and posting to Facebook that I'm losing weight on it (because I'm actually excited - I'm a band to sleeve revision and didn't lose like this on my band pre-op diet, and my band failed), I've had "friends" coming out of the woodwork saying "why don't you just stay on the diet and skip the surgery?" OMFG!! They have no clue what this diet is like and that it's not a sustainable lifetime way of eating! If I could just "stay on a diet" I wouldn't be in the shape I'm in today!! I stupidly assumed everyone would be happy that I had finally found a way to become healthy. Silly me! WHAT IS IT WITH PEOPLE??? :angry: Are they really just that f%ing ignorant?!? This just really burns my a$$!!!

<deep sigh> Ok, rant over.

I had the same thing happen!!!!!!! Ugh!

People without weight issue tend to just think of people with weight issue as lazy or just undisciplined. I can tell you I have been on many diets for more than a year and some more than 2 years and they all make you lose weight but none of them last forever.. They just do not have the perspective of being over wieght. If they had to wear a fat suit for just one day in public it would change their mind forever.... Consider the source and move on with your life, most of the time they are not even worth wasting time to try to educate them....

Facebook can be the Devil sometimes. It is for that reason I have created an alter ego Facebook page. The truth is unless you're in the WLS community they simply won' understand. Then sometimes your WLS friends won't either! :lol:

Anyway, I at least get far fewer asinine statements from individuals who have no clue what its like to be "me". Just keep doing you, and have your revision. You WON'T regret it. I know, I'm a revision from band to sleeve too!

It's funny, I have another friend who has had Gastric Bypass surgery and lost about 300 lbs and is keeping it off very successfully. He posted on my FB wall in response to the other friends, not in a combative way, just being supportive of me and my decision. Shut the other folks right the hell up!! :lol:

I'm so glad I have you guys here that I can vent to...

Aw, you can get through this. You have a wonderful silver lining. You are killing this pre-op diet! I am sorry there are people who don't think before they type, but it happens. Keep up the awesome work!

Aw, you can get through this. You have a wonderful silver lining. You are killing this pre-op diet! I am sorry there are people who don't think before they type, but it happens. Keep up the awesome work!

Thanks Wishes! Since my date was later than I expected and I didn't have to actualy start my pre-op diet until today, I had a couple of cheat days. I must not have done too bad though, cause I've still lost three pounds in the past week! :lol: Now it's back to the real thing though, so as you put it, time to really kill it now!! I've quit listening to all the negative crap now. I've got to do what I'm doing for ME!!