Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Constipation - 8 weeks out

Hi-

not only that but some adverse side affects too... (PITA.)

I started adding benefibre to my morning shakes... and that didn't help- so I started taking colace.

And that didn't help... (still doing both)

gave MOM. a shot- YUK! no help...

last two days I drank big glasses of Smooth Move tea...

not helping...

TMI- I have gone- yet not very well-

'Roids are not fun!

My next step is gonna be miralax... UNLESS ANYONE ELSE HAS ANY BRIGHT IDEAS...

i am listening...

I drink Miralax every day. It's great stuff. Keeps everything running smoothly. It's not fun when I forget to drink it.

I have discovered there is a side effect of TOO MUCH Miralax. My system responds to a Miralax packet and a Benefiber packet every morning with more "enthusiasm" than I prefer. Unless you never pass gas anywhere other than being perched in position on the throne - it can cause awkward problems. (Depends on your individual system) I recommend gradually increasing your Miralax until you hit the right amount/frequency/results balance point.

And make sure you are drinking sufficient amounts of Fluid if you take Miralax. If you take a packet and put it in a full glass of Water, it dissolves easily. If you take a packet, put it in a dish and let is get slightly wet - it turns into Miralax concrete. Don't forget to drink your water!

I have discovered there is a side effect of TOO MUCH Miralax. My system responds to a Miralax packet and a Benefiber packet every morning with more "enthusiasm" than I prefer. Unless you never pass gas anywhere other than being perched in position on the throne - it can cause awkward problems. (Depends on your individual system) I recommend gradually increasing your Miralax until you hit the right amount/frequency/results balance point.

yes- the pre-op tests... Colyscopy... two bottles... That is what I am thinking...

heavens no! wouldn't want that- especially tomorrow- 7 hours of driving...

although I may chug some at the end of the trip...

The recommended daily dose of Benefiber is 2 teaspoons 3 times a day. I take this EVERY day without fail. I had a bad time about 5 weeks out and had to take some very nasty stuff to get relief. The Benefiber can be added to anything...it truly has no taste.

The miralax uses the cap as a measure . I use half every day. I put it in crystal lite.

I did not find benefiber to be very helpful.

Hi-

not only that but some adverse side affects too... (PITA.)

I started adding benefibre to my morning shakes... and that didn't help- so I started taking colace.

And that didn't help... (still doing both)

gave MOM. a shot- YUK! no help...

last two days I drank big glasses of Smooth Move tea...

not helping...

TMI- I have gone- yet not very well-

'Roids are not fun!

My next step is gonna be miralax... UNLESS ANYONE ELSE HAS ANY BRIGHT IDEAS...

i am listening...

Hi

I tried all those things--NONE of them worked for me. PLEASE Use Miralax. It was the ONLY thing that worked for me. At first you might try using 1 cap full 2 or 3 times a day. It has NO taste so you can mix it in anything. 3 years later I still use one cap full in my Protein drink each morning. It is NON habit forming and it is just going to be a way of life since we eat a lot of Protein.< /span>

Hugs,

Suzannne

I had a real problem with it too and use Miralax. I only use if if I haven't gone for two days, then I use it and the next day on out I'm good to go. I eat a lot of salads now so I don't have too many problems in that department often anymore. But for me Miralax is what works.

Is it maybe all the Iron you're taking too? I only take my iron like 3 times a week for that reason. I've never been even close to anemic, and feel great.

I am 5 months out and Constipation has been the only real issue for me(it doesn't help that I take pain pills on a regular basis for

chronic pain, but I truly need them). I have tried everything mentioned above all with NO results.:frusty: Lately I've been trying to do the miralax but for some odd reason it totally grosses me out mixing it with a drink or yogurt or applesauce. Im, really trying to get over that but am having a difficult time! Help! Isn't there ANYTHING out there (in pill form) that is non habit forming and will actually WORK for me?? :cursing: Gonna try 2 senna-s tabs and a docusate sodium 100mg or 250mg 2 times daily. Maybe that will work. If not, I may have to just bite the bullet and do the miralax.(UGH) But Lord knows, I cannot go on this way. I haven't "pooed" for 6 DAYS! Not cool, and not only that, but I KNOW it affects my weight loss and I'm getting extremely frustrated!

Good luck to everyone! :-)

Hi

I tried all those things--NONE of them worked for me. PLEASE Use Miralax. It was the ONLY thing that worked for me. At first you might try using 1 cap full 2 or 3 times a day. It has NO taste so you can mix it in anything. 3 years later I still use one cap full in my Protein drink each morning. It is NON habit forming and it is just going to be a way of life since we eat a lot of Protein.< /span>

Hugs,

Suzannne

Miralax has no taste???? I think it's horrid. To me, it makes everything taste like spoiled milk. I was reading this to see how people take it. I've decided to go for a full whammy tomorrow evening by putting miralax in prune juice. If that doesn't work, nothing will. I'll just chug it and hope I don't gag.

I am also going to try the pro-biotics but thought I'd wait until after my next doc appt. just to be sure.

I have been using the individual packets of miralax mixed with Water. I don't taste anything with it, it disolves right in the water as you stir it really good. It doesn't even leave a color in the water (which is weird to me lol). Are you using enough water to mix it? Are you stirring it or just dumping it in there and then trying to drink it? I just used it yesterday morning because it was a day and a half since I went and this morning I am all good!