Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Gained Since Having Gastric Sleeve Surgery

I must say I thought this thread was for those further out, at least 1 year, for me it is hard to relate back to those that just had surgery as the body is going thru many changes.

Can someone share a link with me to a different group on this board for people out for over a year?

This thread is for those longer out from their surgery. I'm not sure why the newbies keep coming in here and posting about weight gain right after their surgeries. When I catch these posts, I try to post something nice to guide them to other threads but they still keep coming in here.

I must say I thought this thread was for those further out, at least 1 year, for me it is hard to relate back to those that just had surgery as the body is going thru many changes.

Can someone share a link with me to a different group on this board for people out for over a year?

This thread is posted in the "post operation gastric sleeve surgery questions and answers" forum, so anyone may reply. If you want a no newbie place to post, go to the Veterans forum, where the hosts try and keep the posts to those who are over a year out. We try and have some places that Newbies and Vets can talk together as well... like here. Many newbies don't really know there is a difference between how you will feel two months out or two years out... We can discuss that here. I think its good for newlie sleeved people to read the Vets Forum posts as well, eve if they can't post there yet... its is a little look into the future for sure.

Hi I was sleeved July 14th, 2014 and have lost 90 pounds.

If there is a birthday and I get a piece of cake. I may nibble on

sweets for a couple of days and my weight will go up a pound. If I keep at it,

And it goes up another pound I generally panic and start eliminating the foods I

am unconsciously snacking on. It goes back down and I try and learn from it.

We are not perfect. Most of us still wish we could eat an occasional muffin or cupcake,

But we work it out.

@@feedyoureye

Question what is the 5-2 and I see viewers talking about the 5-day pouch test. Can you explain please?

You are better off googling it.

It will help you reset your restriction.

@@feedyoureye
Question what is the 5-2 and I see viewers talking about the 5-day pouch test. Can you explain please?

@@feedyoureye

Yes, do google, you can find the 5:2 links pinned at the top of the Vets forum. Recommended for Vets only....

Hi I was sleeved July 14th, 2014 and have lost 90 pounds.

If there is a birthday and I get a piece of cake. I may nibble on

sweets for a couple of days and my weight will go up a pound. If I keep at it,

And it goes up another pound I generally panic and start eliminating the foods I

am unconsciously snacking on. It goes back down and I try and learn from it.

We are not perfect. Most of us still wish we could eat an occasional muffin or cupcake,

But we work it out.

ya, it used to be that way for me too, the first couple of years. Then all of a sudden, if I indulged in sweets, and I panicked and went back to basics, but the weight was not coming off. It became harder and harder to drop a few lbs and very easy to gain a few more. It takes vigilance after 2 years and more and more willpower and vigilance every day and year after that.

It is a never ending battle. Not really different from what,we knew before surgery. Only then we forever worked to get under 200. Now i work to STAY under 200. I am told i am doing o.k. i do not have any confidence that i have control. Thing is, people without weight histories such as ours tell me THEY have the same struggle. We just are not used to it.

So from this standpoint it mak3s the surgery a good idea because i have been able to accomplish things i could not at 428. From tying shoes to sitting in an airplane seat. From walking dogs to exploring castles. Without the vsg i wouldnt have considered trying.

My weight always fluctuates. I'm always 3 - 5lbs heavier in the night than when I wake up. But this is a result of Water weight and nothing I'd be alarmed about.

I have not gained any weight, but I am losing very very slowly. It seems like I may never reach my goal. My surgery weight was 227 (3/25/15), I am now at 198. I am stalled right here for about 3 weeks. My goal is 150. What do I need to do? I'm working out 2-3 times a week 45 minutes. I'm eating my Protein (60-75 grams) daily. Drinking Water, but not quite 64 ozs a day.

I know I will stall, but I really want to keep the scale moving.

I have not gained any weight, but I am losing very very slowly. It seems like I may never reach my goal. My surgery weight was 227 (3/25/15), I am now at 198. I am stalled right here for about 3 weeks. My goal is 150. What do I need to do? I'm working out 2-3 times a week 45 minutes. I'm eating my Protein (60-75 grams) daily. Drinking Water, but not quite 64 ozs a day.

I know I will stall, but I really want to keep the scale moving.

Just keep up what your doing. Eat plenty of fresh veggies. Stalls are normal. It took me 3 year to get to goal... now THATS slow!... and its still a process at 4 1/2 years. Use your myfitnesspal to keep track of your micros... I know I can lose track if I don't.

I'm having a lot of trouble since i can't go to the gym. I am going to have another back surgery as soon as my insurance approves it.

I should put a post out there about back fusions and see if everyone says not to have it done. I had a laminectomy and that made my back worse.

I just want to go back to the gym :( I don' t know it that will ever happen.

I'm having a lot of trouble since i can't go to the gym. I am going to have another back surgery as soon as my insurance approves it.

I should put a post out there about back fusions and see if everyone says not to have it done. I had a laminectomy and that made my back worse.

I had a neck fusion in 2009 (C5-C6) and it worked great. I never knew how much pain I was in for decades until I wasn't anymore. I could finally sleep normally and everything just felt better. Surgery in October and skiing by February. that surgery is tied with VSG as the best thing I've ever done for myself. A friend had a lower back fusion and he's done incredibly, too. He works in construction and drives big equipment and does heavy lifting everyday. Rides horses on the weekends.

Unfortunately I know several unsuccessful cases, too. My sister in law still has lower back pain despite her fusion. I know two others with totally failed neck fusions. I think these things are just so individual, it's hard to judge your outcome on simple statistics and other's experience. I wish you the best of luck. I broke my back when I was 18 so I truly feel your pain. :(

I had a neck fusion in 2009 (C5-C6) and it worked great. I never knew how much pain I was in for decades until I wasn't anymore. I could finally sleep normally and everything just felt better. Surgery in October and skiing by February. that surgery is tied with VSG as the best thing I've ever done for myself. A friend had a lower back fusion and he's done incredibly, too. He works in construction and drives big equipment and does heavy lifting everyday. Rides horses on the weekends.

Unfortunately I know several unsuccessful cases, too. My sister in law still has lower back pain despite her fusion. I know two others with totally failed neck fusions. I think these things are just so individual, it's hard to judge your outcome on simple statistics and other's experience. I wish you the best of luck. I broke my back when I was 18 so I truly feel your pain. :(

Back surgery is a tough topic.

I'm currently suffering from a back injury myself (2 herneated disks L3 & L5). Really bad leg pain and difficulty walking.

I would be very interested in reading a back/spine injury thread.

@@Oregondaisy I'm sorry you are having to consider two surgeries. This back problems stuff is no joke.

Boy i sure needed this . I am post op 6 weeks i lost 63- pounds more to go. i am. Age 57 .5"2 tall.