Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is everyone doing?

Hey everyone, how is everyone doing?

Time is moving fast, 8/15 is 2 weeks, i can't believe how quick it has come and the difference.

I am down 20 lbs, this is just so exciting to me. I have not been under 300lbs for some years now and I am 6 lbs away!

I am ready to be off the full liquid, I still have my need to chew!

I am having a hard time getting in more than 13oz of Protein a day. I can drink crystal light, ice tea or Water all day but i have little desire to take in the allowed items.

My follow up is on 8/16 maybe they can give me some pointers on the Protein.< /p>

So that's all with me, whats going on with the rest of the all stars!?

My surgery was 8/11. I came home late on 8/12. I walked up to the scale in the hospital and got a weight of 409 (down from 420 the day before surgery). I won't have access to a scale again until probably tomorrow.

I think I took my last pain medicine at noon today, but we'll see. I went out for the first time today and walked. I've mostly been taking it relatively easy and focusing on getting the 60 grams of Protein plus 64 ounces of liquid my doctor has mandated. I'm not missing food, and I'm tolerating things well. I'm eating various combinations of Boost Glucose Control, Carnation Breakfast Essentials plus Protein Powder, and Unjury chicken Flavor. I think I messed up calculations and didn't get the 60 grams of protein in yesterday, but I got it in today.

I go to mushies at a two week follow-up. I'm sure I'll welcome the variety, but I think I can do this no sweat until then. I haven't felt hungry, and I have rarely felt more than a little sore.

your doing great! so good to hear good news! im so excited for us!

My surgery was 8/11. I came home late on 8/12. I walked up to the scale in the hospital and got a weight of 409 (down from 420 the day before surgery). I won't have access to a scale again until probably tomorrow.

I think I took my last pain medicine at noon today, but we'll see. I went out for the first time today and walked. I've mostly been taking it relatively easy and focusing on getting the 60 grams of Protein plus 64 ounces of liquid my doctor has mandated. I'm not missing food, and I'm tolerating things well. I'm eating various combinations of Boost Glucose Control, Carnation Breakfast Essentials plus Protein powder, and unjury chicken Flavor. I think I messed up calculations and didn't get the 60 grams of protein in yesterday, but I got it in today.

I go to mushies at a two week follow-up. I'm sure I'll welcome the variety, but I think I can do this no sweat until then. I haven't felt hungry, and I have rarely felt more than a little sore.

You are doing great WOW! I had my surgery on the 2nd and only lost 8 lbs. so far, which is getting a little depressing. I am trying to get my 64 oz. of Water in and Protein but is very hard. Hopefully it will pick up. I am probably getting in 5 gasses a day and maybe 50 grams of protein. Am also walking with the WII about 10 minutes. Has anyone else had this slow weight loss?

I have to get 64 oz of Fluid so my Protein counts toward it. I have been getting to 64 oz since day 3, I have been able to get in one shake for the last 3 days, it sits heavy with me. Yesterday I did half a shake and half a greek yogurt (I can have yogurt right now - no fruit in it). That was my first yogurt and it was nice to have something different. I dreamt last night that I was at a party and stuffed myself, ate the whole time. I was so freaked out and sad, Glad to wake up from that! I got the ok to take chewable tylenol yesterday because I couldn't stand the liquid. They also gave me vicodin which I took one before bed - maybe that brought on my dream? I don't know if it made sleep any better.

I'm sorry that you are still having pain. I am in love with the yoplait desert flavor's they make my day. I think my issue with getting in the Protein is that I am supposed to do 3oz every 3 hrs. if I could just drink a shake til i get it done i would do better.......idk. Its a learning process for us and will will make it.

I have to get 64 oz of Fluid so my Protein counts toward it. I have been getting to 64 oz since day 3, I have been able to get in one shake for the last 3 days, it sits heavy with me. Yesterday I did half a shake and half a greek yogurt (I can have yogurt right now - no fruit in it). That was my first yogurt and it was nice to have something different. I dreamt last night that I was at a party and stuffed myself, ate the whole time. I was so freaked out and sad, Glad to wake up from that! I got the ok to take chewable tylenol yesterday because I couldn't stand the liquid. They also gave me vicodin which I took one before bed - maybe that brought on my dream? I don't know if it made sleep any better.

I am shocked at how hast its coming off, I am kinda scared that when I get off the full liquid that it will slow down.

Yes it is hard to get in Water and Protein, i worry about the Protein but the Water i'm ok with. I hope that I will be on mushy food after my follow up tomorrow and I can get in more protein that way.

You are doing great WOW! I had my surgery on the 2nd and only lost 8 lbs. so far, which is getting a little depressing. I am trying to get my 64 oz. of water in and protein but is very hard. Hopefully it will pick up. I am probably getting in 5 gasses a day and maybe 50 grams of protein. Am also walking with the WII about 10 minutes. Has anyone else had this slow weight loss?

I'm doing well. Today is 1 week post-op. I really feel almost 100% back to normal. No pain, no hunger and I'm back to about 70% energy. I'm getting in most of my fluids. Today is my first day on Protein Shakes and I've managed to get in 70 grams (yeah) so far today. The weight does seem to be coming off (I've lost 9 pounds this week but I started at a lower BMI - I was 34 at surgery), but while the scale isn't moving all that fast, my meausrements have changed drastically - over 8 inches this week alone!!! This is the most awesome thing that I have ever done for myself and I don't regret it for a minute. Come Christmas, I will be at goal!!!

Hey all...I think I fell out of the announcers booth and hit the pavement.:huh: I am on the pureed stage and for the last 4 days I have not felt well. I was looking forward to pureeds but I just end up feeling sick to my stomach after I eat. Sometimes I even get so nausated that I end my with the "slimey effect" and the big D. Right now I am in my hotel room and just went thru an episode after I ate. It's been difficult to eat and get my fluids in. I would love some SF popsicles but I only have a fridge not a freezer in my room. How long is this phase suppose to last?...sorry for being a downer.

Hey all...I think I fell out of the announcers booth and hit the pavement.:huh: I am on the pureed stage and for the last 4 days I have not felt well. I was looking forward to pureeds but I just end up feeling sick to my stomach after I eat. Sometimes I even get so nausated that I end my with the "slimey effect" and the big D. Right now I am in my hotel room and just went thru an episode after I ate. It's been difficult to eat and get my fluids in. I would love some SF popsicles but I only have a fridge not a freezer in my room. How long is this phase suppose to last?...sorry for being a downer.

Really don't know Mama, sorry you are not feeling well. I can't eat over about 1 1/2 oz. of pureed foods. Still haven't lost much weight, hopefully if I get in all my Water today it will pick up. Good Luck and feel better.

yeah I can only get in 1/4 to 1/2 cup of food....dying for a popsicle right now..lol

now I need to have a popsicle! LOL my dog has gotten part of my dinner broth 2 nights in a row so I am trying to add something more in to be sure I get all 64oz in. Hope you feel better!!

You are doing great WOW! I had my surgery on the 2nd and only lost 8 lbs. so far, which is getting a little depressing. I am trying to get my 64 oz. of Water in and Protein but is very hard. Hopefully it will pick up. I am probably getting in 5 gasses a day and maybe 50 grams of Protein. Am also walking with the WII about 10 minutes. Has anyone else had this slow weight loss?

I had my surgery on the 2nd as well and I'm only down 12lbs. I've only lost 1 in the last 4 days <sigh> I guess I expected to lsoe slow because I lost so much pre op though, but it still blows.

I'm not sure why, but I can get in all protein and fluids without too much effort and Im only 2 weeks post op. I have been able to since 1 week. The good news is that I feel great, so I guess it may be worth the slower loss for now.

I haven't had this issue at all. Maybe try to eat a little less at first? Things that sit well in my new tummy are tune salad (made with light mayor or avocado) cottage cheese, refried Beans with fixings and eggs as long as they are moist. I moisten scrambled egg with half a slice of american cheese or do egg salad. Both sit well. Last night I made crock pot chicken dinner for the family so I tried some of the moist chicken and mashed it up good with a little gravy. It was soooo good and sat well, but I try to under eat vs over eat. GL

hey there ! almost 2 years out and doing great! the most important thing . . haven't gained anything, so that is a BIG plus, maintaining excellently and am happy about that too. . .