Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is everyone doing?

Hello Everyone!

I haven't been here in a few days because I have been so busy with getting the girls ready to start school again. My oldest daughter will be driving this year and I'm a nervous wreck, :unsure:

Anyway, I went to the doctor yesterday and found out I weigh ........ drum roll please....... 198!:D No more 200's and that feels amazing! I am so happy with having this surgery! Even after I pulled stitches because of trying to hard to early. :rolleyes:

I put on a pair of capri's I bought on sale 2 years ago thinking if I just lost a little weight I could wear them...... Well, I wore them and they were a little lose. Another amazing feeling!:D:D

Overall, I feel good...except my stitches of course.lol ....... I haven't been getting all my Protein and that's my fault because I just don't like it and to make myself like it I have to add stuff (like chocolate syrup) that's not good for me. I get to start eating chicken this week so I will focus on getting more of my Protein from food but I know I will have to have some of a supplement too. I know, I know, I'm working on it. I knew that would me my hardest part.

So, I hope all of you are doing great as well and can't wait to see what you post here!

I was sleeved on August 10th and Thank God, I feel so much better! The first several days were so-so, but after day 5...everything is easier! I am only getting in 40grs of Protein and almost 60 oz of Water but it does get better everyday! I have not weighed myself coming home, I will rely (for now) on the surgeon's scale. My first post op appointment is next Monday .... yea...No More Staples!

I'm down 6.4 - surgery on the 8th. I hear alot of people say "I lost a pound a day" - well if you look at my 6.4 I sure haven't but let me say that is 6.4 since 8/13, the first day I showed a loss. So that's pretty good - I am happy with it! Looking forward to onederland in 7 lbs!

I'm now 6 days out, and I'm still hanging at 409 (where I was post-surgery). I can tell a difference in body shape and I think am clearly building back up the Water in my body that the liver shrinking diet led me to shed. The weight doesn't matter much to me compared to the prospect of long term health. I'm getting in my 60 grams and 64 ounces, and my incisions are healing very nicely.

Us All-Stars are rockin' it!

I updated my ticker to 18 lbs down since 8/10/11. I really won't believe it until I see it on the doc's scale, but my first follow-up visit with the nutritionist isn't until 9/8 so I'm just crossing my fingers that my home scale is pretty close to theirs. :)

I'm one week out and feeling GREAT! I tolerated the surgery pretty well, just trying to adapt to my eating/drinking/protein schedule now while back at work. If any pre-ops are interested here's what my daily pill/protein/food regiment looks like (note my doc allows mushies like cottage cheese and refried Beans earlier than some):

8 a.m. - Protein w/decaf coffee; morning meds

8:30 a.m. - Calcium crystals mixed with Powerade

between 9-9:30 - Breakfast - 1 oz cottage cheese, 1 oz greek-style yogurt

10 minute walk

11:30-ish - noon meds (including multivitamin)

12:30-ish - lunch - 1 oz refried Beans, 1 oz string cheese

10 minute walk

4:00-ish - afternoon meds (including multivitamin)

5:30-ish - dinner - 2 oz bean Soup

8:00-ish - Protein (today I had a Syntrax nectar lemon tea - not bad)

9:00ish - Calcium crystals/powerade

9:30-ish - bedtime meds

I think today I hit 68 grams of protein and 79 oz of water/fluids (my protein counts towards my fluid)

I can't wait to get most of my protein from meat but I will keep plugging away until then. :)

I am one week out today, and I'm down 14 pounds from the day before surgery. I was actually gaining weight but losing size for the first several days, which suggested to me my body was burning fat and gaining the hydration that the liver shrinking diet had deprived me of. My doctor told me after surgery that my liver was amazingly small and not in his way. In fact, I think I gained a small additional incision necessary to get a clean liver biopsy because of it.

I cannot yet sleep on my stomach, but I can sleep on my side and about 1/4 of the way onto my stomach. This is making sleep easier. I've been off of narcotic pain medication for nearly 3 solid days now. I find that I can go out and walk stores with relative ease, but I am getting tired after a while. I'd say my activity stamina is actually down slightly from before surgery at this point.

I'm getting in my 60 grams of Protein, my 64 additional ounces of Fluid, and my medications/supplements. I'm starting to really want something to eat, and I have to wait until August 30 to get clearance for that from my doctor. It's not at all a hunger. As somebody else wrote in a thread, it's more a desire to chew. I have been eating a lot of sugar free pops which feel great on my stomach. I have also decided that refried Beans will make up my first mushies meal because I miss them so much.

I'm shocked by the change in my body. One thing is that it's harder to sleep on my side because my ears keep getting flopped over and kinked. It's because a lot of the fat on my head is already melting away. I'm also seeing less fat on my calves and more muscle definition. 14 pounds in a week isn't the best result I've seen, but I'll certainly take it. This to me isn't a race -- it's the beginning of a new healthy way of life.

My diet is heavy on powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup. I often have that twice a day. I am also using Boost Glucose Control in vanilla and Carnation Breakfast Essentials in chocolate. I have some Protein powder from costco my parents gave me, and I also have Pure Protein in chocolate and vanilla I'll start using when I run out of the costco stuff.