Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

huh, that's interesting

Yesterday, I was hungry...I'd eat (not full, undereat and be comfortable) but be hungry again in 2 hrs. ALL DAY. Ended up just over 900 cals.

Today, meh. Scrounging to get in just under 600. WTH??

So yesterday I lifted weights...but not until mid-day and was hungry before that. The only thing I can think of is that I drank a Protein shake first, treadmill, Water...ate egg later.

Today I reversed that and ate egg first, treadmill, Water, Protein Shake later. The difference was astounding in how I felt. Both my treadmill workouts were equally punishing. :)

Anyway...

This is sort of random ramblings, but I remember someone (Rootman?) saying that if he started the day with a shake he was hungry all day. Well, it's got me thinking....

Does anyone else find this to be true for them? Is it too early to start a hypothesis? lol Wouldn't it be nice if it were that simple?

I've heard, and experienced, that liquid calories like a Protein shake, make you hungrier faster because the stomach empties faster with liquids.

Here is a great video that shows why it's not good to drink before, after or during meals, and why liquid calories leave you hungrier earlier

Eating and Drinking Demo

I've also found that eating Protein first fills me up faster and lasts longer, especially if I exercise after eating.

I've heard, and experienced, that liquid calories like a Protein shake, make you hungrier faster because the stomach empties faster with liquids.< /p>

Here is a great video that shows why it's not good to drink before, after or during meals, and why liquid calories leave you hungrier earlier

Eating and Drinking Demo

I've also found that eating Protein first fills me up faster and lasts longer, especially if I exercise after eating.

Thank you...I'll check it out. Makes sense...I wasn't thinking in terms of liquid leaving faster...duh. I was just thinking calorie per calorie...

That is exactly why my nut and dr. do not advise or want us to do ANY Protein Drinks at all!! They discourge us from drinking them for this very reason and say to stay away from them.

They were not even allowed on the liquid phase for me. I did drink some anyway, but liquid calories are not part of my plan for that reason. I feel hungry within an hour of drinking them. But, if I eat my Protein, I am good for hours!

If I am short on calories for the day, I might have one just to get in some extra calories, but I rarely drink them.

Kelly :)

I actually do not eat anything before my morning workout. Then straight after I will make myself an Atkins and add half a scoop of either powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury or Bariatric fusion Protein powder. This is only on days that I do a workout. Then later in the morning I'll have another Atkins shake for Breakfast, unless I have 2 scrambled eggs with cheese or something. This does get me through to lunch.

I do this because when you workout your body is going to burn the glucose in your system first. It can take up to 15-20 minutes in before your body starts burning the fat for fuel. Well, on an empty stomach it has no choice but to burn fat. I actually find I have more energy working out without eating first. When you eat, the blood also rushes to your stomach... I really don't want my blood rushing to my stomach. I want an evel keel and level head.

I don't really feel hungry at all until lunch time, which, is normal. I should feel hungry when it's time to eat...

That said, if Protein shakes make you feel hungry too fast then its probably best not to eat them. It is a liquid and will empty out a lot faster than solids will. Good luck to you!