Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

recovery time for band removal?

for those of you that did 2 surgeries, how long did it take for you to recover from the band removal? Did you have a lot of pain where the port was?

Updated to add" I finally have a date for the band remova - Sept 1. Doc aid 3-7 days recovery so I guess my Labor Day weekend won't be too fun.

Not to scare you but I went through some pretty excruciating pain. But my band had eroded into my stomach. I didnt take to well after the surgery on day 1. My blood pressure shot up and I had nausea. I was supposed to do so much walking everyday but I was not able to because of the pain. My pain was my stomach, not the port area. I didnt have any pain in that area. Thank goodness.

I hope it goes well for you. This is the first step to a longer, happier life.

I'm 4 weeks post op band removal and my port area was sooo painful for 3 weeks. Just this week I am feeling relief !! I was very surprised at this.

The other thing that was... odd... was that the space where the port used to be, took some time to sorta fill in. It was weird. It sort of fills with a Fluid and was tender for awhile.

I didn't know how much I hated that port until it was GONE!

I'm 3 days post-op band removal & my pain has not gone above an 8. The "port" area is the most painful. It's starting to itch around the wounds which is driving me crazy but I know that means I'm healing. :) I'm getting lots of rest, taking my pain meds when needed, not bending or twisting, not lifting anything heavy & staying on the post-op diet my Surgeon prescribed. Yea! On my way to the sleeve & getting healthy!! Hang in there; it's all for a GREAT cause...YOU!

My band removal was the easiest and surgery I have done (I've had about 8). I had a lot of scar tissue between the band and stomach and had severe restriction with an empty band. I stopped taking pain meds the day after surgery. My gallbladder surgery I took pain meds for about 5 days. I am a year out and only residual effect of the removal is I have no sensation of being full. I could just eat until I threw up if I was inclined. Hope this is resolved with the sleeve. I have my surgery in 6 days!

for those of you that did 2 surgeries' date=' how long did it take for you to recover from the band removal? Did you have a lot of pain where the port was?

Updated to add" I finally have a date for the band remova - Sept 1. Doc aid 3-7 days recovery so I guess my Labor Day weekend won't be too fun.[/quote']

Yes bad pain when I had my revision for second band. They didn't use mesh the first surgery but did the second makes a world of difference.

For those who did a two step conversion, did you feel like your stomachs was a bit swollen or bloated for a while?

Had band out last monday(9/10) and yea, I'll definitely say I've felt like a human balloon since. I've considered wearing my "super undies" to hold myself together lol