Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having a weak moment or two

So, I just broke down and cried. I don't even really know exactly why. I slept really late today and so was weak when I got up for lunch. I ate lunch with hubby and was feeling weak and after I ate felt a little sick and decided to lay down. Texting hubby to wake me up after an hour.....he asked what happened....I thought you felt good at lunch and I just broke down. I don't know what is wrong. I'm not hungry....a little tired and a little woozy headed..but not hungry. I guess I'm having a little buyers remorse. Don't know if it is me or just hubby not understanding what I'm going through...but I just don't feel very emotionally strong right this minute.

:,/

Lots of people on here get emotional and cry after surgery. It is totally normal to feel that way. Don't be hard on yourself about it. You have gone thru a lot in the past few days and your body is very hormonal right now!!

EVERYONE gets buyer's remorse at some point. I sure did!! About 3 days after surgery, I thought WTF have I done to myself, but trust me, it will pass and you will be so happy with your decision!! when that scale starts going down and you look in the mirror and see a much much smaller happier person, you will look at this day and think, "WHY DID I EVER THINK THIS WAY!!!"

If you need to cry, then do it. You deserve to feel the way you do right now. It will pass. Everyday will get better. Just take it one day at a time!!!

Hugs,

Kelly ;)

I TOTALLy get it!!! My second day home from the hospital, by baby sitter was downstairs making home made lasagna with my kids and I thought I was ok. I was starving and the smells were so good. Out of no where.....seriously I don't even know where it came from...I went into my bathroom and started bawling. I rarely cry like that. I had to call my mom to help get me grounded as I had to go downstairs and Celebrate my son's 5th birthday. I think I was a little overwhelmed by the whole thing. Thinking that I will never be able to eat the way I used to. Yeah...I know that's what I signed up for with the surgery. But still....I think I needed to break down and mourn the loss.

I agree that I don't think it that unusual. Also, in terms of the weight gain.....be kind to yourself. I only allow myself to weigh once a week. It's too easy to get really neurotic over numbers. One thing I have learned over a million years of weight loss is that our bodies constantly fluctuate....whether it is Water weight, period weigh, the body trying to reach homeostasis etc.....it all even's out in the end. Unless we are eating candy and drinking milk shakes...I don;t see how it is possible NOT to loose weight with tiny stomachs. Just watch the sugar intake and focus on the Protein. Hugs to you!!!!

Carmen,

I have read so much about VSG and WLS. I have read that females carry Estrogen in fat cells. We are losing those fat cells due to our surgery so our system gets flooded with lots of extra Estrogen.

I know I broke down on Thursday August 4th. That was when I was back in the hospital for IV antibiotic treatments. I was convinced the hospital was trying to kill me. I was in a room with someone who had flesh eating disease, I was battered and bruised from all the pokes they were giving me, I was stuck on the clear Fluid diet, and I just wanted to go home. I cried the entire day. Only when my husband came in the afternoon did I start to feel better. It was a rough day.

So if you feel the need to cry, blame it on all that extra Estrogen in your system and cry like a baby.

Sheila

Oh god, count me in. I've been FINE and completely not upset or emotional since day one. However, in the past two weeks I've had two meltdowns out of the blue. So NOT me -- ie, couldn't remember the last time I even teared up, let alone cried -- then twice in as many weeks?? I figured I was past the emotional/hormonal hurdle, but apparently not. <_<

how are you feeling now Carmen?? I am nervous I have a little buyer's remorse too. But I am 99% sure we won't when our bodies feel great and start looking great. Hang in there!

Thanks everyone! I'm feeling mostly good these days. I had another little pity party on our little mini vacation to Sea World over the weekend. Normally would have pigged out and drank lots of soda on a trip like that. It was emotional...but I survived...part of learning to live anew. I've had a few stressful episodes over the last two weeks too. Man that was extra hard to deal with....when normally stressed I would pig out on some fast food and get a nice big cherry coke to down my blues. I'm learning not to eat my feelings....but it sure feels weird!!!!! I hope everyone is doing well. ((hugs)) Carmen