Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any 400+ lb starting out that have reached goal or are close?

I see lots of people on here and on other forums that are at goal - starting in the 200's or maybe even the 300's. I was exactly 400 lbs on the day of my surgery. My highest weight was 442 lbs. As of this morning I'm at 321 lbs.

Is there anyone on here that started at 400 lbs or higher that is at or close to goal? I'd love to hear your story - how long did it take, any stumbling blocks, where are you now in your journey? And of course, pictures.

TIA.

Sharon

Yes, there are and they are doing wonderful on their journey. Good luck on yours! Do a search I am sure you will come up with something.

Hey, SharonL, you are doing great! I know there are people with high pre-op BMIs here, and they are doing really well. There is a forum here for 200+ pounds to lose, maybe you can find some specific helpful success stories there?

I started at 430, was 397 at surgery. I still have a ways to go but if you follow your doctor, nutritionist, and body you will lose the weight. Don't worry about individual transgressions, you are human and will make mistakes and bad choices. Learn from them and don't dwell on them; they will not keep you from your goal as long as you don't repeat them.

Don't be discouraged if you don't lose at the rate you expected either. After reading many things, I was expecting to lose around 20-30 pounds per month initially considering my starting weight. I averaged 15 lbs per month for the first 6 months or so and am now at about 10 lbs per month. Be patient, eat right, exercise, and the weight will all come off with time. It is basic laws of biology and physics at work, and you are not so special that they don't apply to you! ;>)

I started at 430, was 397 at surgery. I still have a ways to go but if you follow your doctor, nutritionist, and body you will lose the weight. Don't worry about individual transgressions, you are human and will make mistakes and bad choices. Learn from them and don't dwell on them; they will not keep you from your goal as long as you don't repeat them.

Don't be discouraged if you don't lose at the rate you expected either. After reading many things, I was expecting to lose around 20-30 pounds per month initially considering my starting weight. I averaged 15 lbs per month for the first 6 months or so and am now at about 10 lbs per month. Be patient, eat right, exercise, and the weight will all come off with time. It is basic laws of biology and physics at work, and you are not so special that they don't apply to you! ;>)

Thanks Jeff.

Check out the amazing results of StrawberryKissesRBetter.... she's lost over 200 lbs I think!!! Amazing~

Check out the amazing results of StrawberryKissesRBetter.... she's lost over 200 lbs I think!!! Amazing~

Thanks, I'll do that.

It is basic laws of biology and physics at work, and you are not so special that they don't apply to you! ;>)

:lol: I will keep this in mind when the inevitable stalls happen!

Sharon I hope you reach goal! But even if you lose say 150lbs, just think how much better you will look and feel. Just do your best, that's all you can do!

I see lots of people on here and on other forums that are at goal - starting in the 200's or maybe even the 300's. I was exactly 400 lbs on the day of my surgery. My highest weight was 442 lbs. As of this morning I'm at 321 lbs.

Is there anyone on here that started at 400 lbs or higher that is at or close to goal? I'd love to hear your story - how long did it take, any stumbling blocks, where are you now in your journey? And of course, pictures.

TIA.

Sharon

Hi Sharon, I wasn't 400 lbs but very close to it. . i was 350 lbs and in the first 1 year lost 150 lbs. I reached my doctors goal of 212 lbs (I am very big boned and 6'0 tall) and lost about 10 more after that. . never reached onederland, and now at 18 months out probably never will unless i get really sick. But i am very happy fluctuating between 205 - 215 lbs. . . wear size 16/18 and look pretty good. . . anything is way better then 350lbs! good luck!

Hi Sharon, I wasn't 400 lbs but very close to it. . i was 350 lbs and in the first 1 year lost 150 lbs. I reached my doctors goal of 212 lbs (I am very big boned and 6'0 tall) and lost about 10 more after that. . never reached onederland, and now at 18 months out probably never will unless i get really sick. But i am very happy fluctuating between 205 - 215 lbs. . . wear size 16/18 and look pretty good. . . anything is way better then 350lbs! good luck!

You look great! Thanks for sharing!

A friend of mine was 550 & has lost 235 pounds as of last month in 13 months. He paid $26,000 for his sleeve & would do it again.