Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

losing too much too fast…

I will be 3 wks post op on Wednesday and I have lost 42 lbs. I feel like that's too quick. My pre op diet was only a week. I'm almost getting in no Protein bc it all just makes me gag it up. They are sooo nasty. I'm pretty much living on Powerade zero, Water and sf popcicles. Also were any of u allowed yogurt or Jello at this point?

At 3 weeks out I was eating a full liquid/semi soft diet. Yogurt, pudding, thick Soup, cottage cheese smashed. Jello was brought to me in the hospital, so it was okay right away. Have you talked to your surgeon about advancing to the next phase?

Well when I went for my 2wk appt the nurse pract said I could have soft foods like yogurt and pudding at this point but the doc told me not to start them til 4 wks out. He said to be on them for 2wks then at 6wks start regular food.< /p>

It does seem fast, try to get the Protein and some nutrition in. It is important. I'm 4 days post op and still weigh more than pre op. How long does this last?

Water is the most important thing, but Protein and even carbs will make you feel so much better. You might have had a bunch of water weight, which comes off fast, but you don't want to lose a bunch of muscle, so work on the protein even if you don't like how it tastes, its you medicine right now. Things will get easier as time goes on.

The one that tasted the least nasty to me is Isopure PLUS. Comes in 8 oz. bottles, has 15 grams of Protein per bottle - no carbs. Flavors are a grape frost and a fruit punch. Both are lightly flavored - not super strong. I ordered mine from Amazon (a case of each) and had it shipped to my door.

If this were not so serious, I would be congratulating you on such a great weight loss...but as you mentioned this is a little fast. Have you spoken to your surgeon?

A lot of ways to get in protien even on liquids. I don't think I could stomach anything for about 5 weeks and those protien shakes made me gag too. Staying hydrated is the most important thing, next - as feedyoureye stated, you must treat protien as medicine and get some in. Think of your body without nutrients. Not good for your health. You did not mention if you are taking Vitamins in any form?

If you can handle milk, get some sugarfree carnation instant Breakfast shakes stir in with milk. I also used Isopure clear protien shakes from GNC ($4 a bottle) with 40 grams of protien. My favorite flavor is apple melon - sort of like a green jolly rancher. Getting even one of those a day in will make you feel a whole lot better.

At one point from not getting in enough carbs or Protein, I started to get very weak and tired. Another member was having same issue and her surgeon said, eat some ice cream. I went out and bought the tiny single portion of vanilla and ate it. WOW. Just don't get addicted.

Find what works for you...but get in Protein, okay? Take care and fight for your own health.

If nausea gets to be a problem you might ask your doctor for some zofram that dissolves under your tongue- its the only thing that kept me from starving to death- plus loosing that much that quick could result in gallstones if you still have your gallbladder- fyi

I agree with the others, you need to get some calories in!!!!

I had problems getting my calories in, in the begining and my nut suggested that I get the sugar free Carnation Instant Breakfast and mix it with milk. It is super yummy and has a LOT of Protein in it with the milk. I also did the LOW CARB Slim Fast shakes in the can.

I will also tell you that Pure Protein makes ready to drink shakes in the can that are SUPURB!!! I hate Protein drinks because of the protein taste and these have none of that!! The strawberry and the Cookies and cream are the bomb!! Vitamin Shoppe has them by the case and also by the can. Go get one to try.

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury makes a chicken Soup that is yummy and has alot of protein in it. You can order some at unjury.com.

They also have drinkable yogurt that is pretty good that would be good for you at this point. It is in the section by the yogurt.

Hang in there, it DOES get better!!

Good luck to you!

Kelly :D

well- there is a store that sells it where I live or you can buy it from a distributor online- oh and its sugar free pudding I use- and I use rice milk cause I am allergic to regualr milk- but they are good and most websites that sell Herbalife shake mix has a long list of recipes for shakes-