Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Someone send positive vibes my way...

So you all probably haven't seen me around much lately. To tell the truth its because I have been down. Like really down on myself. I feel like I am failing my sleeve and not "working it" like I should. I have been at 210 for almost a month. I mean I go up 2 pound, down 2 pounds. My next mini Labor Day Goal is to get to ONEderland... 199. I have tried everything. I mean when I first posted my progress in the Labor Day Challenge group I went from 222 to 212 in like 2 weeks, But after that... just fizzle. So I shook it up a but with more fats, less carb. Lost 2 pounds that week. And now I am stalled. Last week I up'd my Water intake to about 100 oz a day. And I have been maintaining 210-211. This week I am uping the cardio again. I stopped this about a two months ago because I was stalling then. It seemed to work, so now I am hoping my 2 (40 min) a day workouts help. I know we can't look at other people and their progress, but I hope my body is not leveling out at 210. I would love to reach 100 pounds lost by 1 year (now in month 7) but I don't know. I hope I am not coming across like a cry baby or a remorseful sleever. I just want to be a champion again. If my body calls a quit at 100 pounds (hopefully in Jan 2012) I would be okay. But not now. We will see what the workouts and Water does. My diet is pretty much 1200 cals a day give or take (sometimes as high as 1500 on weekends or 100o on tough work days).

Thanks for listening.

You stated you upped your fat did you try upping your Protein? ?? with all that Water or you watching or eliminating your salt??? I would say you need to keep doing what you know is right and stop watching the scales. I have heard so often on this site, throw the scales away or weight only once a week or one every two. Don't be down, you have accomplished alot and you will continue to do so. make sure you are journaling everything you eat and drink. Keep us posted and good luck.

Maybe try lowering your calories to 800-1000 per day while you are still trying to lose. Good luck.

ATLGirl, I stalled for 6 weeks from week 3 post-op. Maybe you need to eat fewer calories and more protein… but maybe you just need to wait. I came back from a trip and ate pretty much just Protein for a few days, drank more Water, and suddenly I lost 10lbs. I doubt it could have been due to either of those changes because they were not really dramatic. I think it was just "time."

It'll happen. Relax.

I just wanted to say I'm sorry for what you're going through - I know how bad I feel when the scale doesn't move and I feel like I'm doing all the right things. I know you've probably already thought of this, but have you measured yourself? Maybe you've been gaining lean muscle all this time, and of course muscle weighs more than fat. Are your clothes fitting differently? I didn't believe people that I could fit into my clothes better but not see anything on the scale until it happened to me...it's true! Just hang in there and know that we are all behind you 100% and thinking of you!

Hi All,

Thanks for the responses. My Protein has always been high. It's the staple of my diet I get like 100g a day. I up'd my cal intake because before during my dreaded 5 month stall I was around 800 calories. The more I ate the more I lost. I only weigh on Weds and Saturday mornings. I think the workouts and Water is helping but I will just have to wait until Weds to see if there is a difference. I have read the boards and know that this to will come and go eventually, Just needed a place to vent. Thanks all.

Ya know, ATLGirl, I was sleeved a week ago and I haven't climbed up on a scale once, nope, not once. I ain't weighing, just not going to do it. I'm not where I want to be, not be a long shot, and I don't need some short-ass little machine telling me what I already know - that I'm still too heavy. When I pass by a mirror or a window, and I don't see Mount Kilimanjaro hanging out in front of me, then maybe I let that little know-it-all machine talk to me. But until then it's just nose down and chin up working the program. I hope this helps, love and kisses.

know. ning.

So you all probably haven't seen me around much lately. To tell the truth its because I have been down. Like really down on myself. I feel like I am failing my sleeve and not "working it" like I should. I have been at 210 for almost a month. I mean I go up 2 pound, down 2 pounds. My next mini Labor Day Goal is to get to ONEderland... 199. I have tried everything. I mean when I first posted my progress in the Labor Day Challenge group I went from 222 to 212 in like 2 weeks, But after that... just fizzle. So I shook it up a but with more fats, less carb. Lost 2 pounds that week. And now I am stalled. Last week I up'd my Water intake to about 100 oz a day. And I have been maintaining 210-211. This week I am uping the cardio again. I stopped this about a two months ago because I was stalling then. It seemed to work, so now I am hoping my 2 (40 min) a day workouts help. I know we can't look at other people and their progress, but I hope my body is not leveling out at 210. I would love to reach 100 pounds lost by 1 year (now in month 7) but I don't know. I hope I am not coming across like a cry baby or a remorseful sleever. I just want to be a champion again. If my body calls a quit at 100 pounds (hopefully in Jan 2012) I would be okay. But not now. We will see what the workouts and Water does. My diet is pretty much 1200 cals a day give or take (sometimes as high as 1500 on weekends or 100o on tough work days).

Thanks for listening.