Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone seeing Dr. Robert Marvin in Houston, TX?

I was referred to Dr. Marvin by a very close friend. I had seen him on the show 'Heavy', but didn't immediately make the connection. So far I've been very impressed with his staff, however, I've yet to consult with him. Has anyone had any experience with Dr. Marvin & his team that you'd be willing to share? So far, I'm pretty sold; I'd just like to hear from other patients of his. Thanks! :D

I would have liked to consider Dr. Marvin, but after a week worth of phone tag, lost paperwork and being transfered to 20 different people, I decided his office wasn't worth the hassel. I'm using Dr. Yu with TLC Surgery in Houston. His staff is amazing and he seems to genuinly love his job and his patients. My surgery is scheduled for Aug. 15....only 10 days away. He does require a strict 2-week liquid diet that has been a real challenge, but overall I love him!

I will be sleeved on May 8 but my experience with Dr Marvin and his staff has been pleasant, organized and professional. Last week I had my pre-op appt with Dr Marvin---he took his time to explain everything in detail to me. I found him to be most helpful. The other doc in his office is another top notch physician. My case worker Tameki was such a big help and communicated with me often. Robyn in their office is also a wonderful professional. I couldn't be happier with my choice of doctor so far.

My wife and I are both patients of Dr. Marvin since 2008. I got lap band and she followed 3 months later. Over the next couple years we both lost about 75 pounds. Due to her weight loss, she needed her gall bladder removed which Dr Marvin performed as well. She was fine for about 8 months then her band had erooded and she became septic and emergency surgey it was removed by Dr. Marvin. She went to ER on a Sunday night...she was transferred from clear lake regional to UGH and the very next morning Dr. Marvin was there to perform the emergency surgery. She had to wait a year but then opted for the sleeve. August 2012 will make one year post sleeve and she has lost 90 pounds and is doing good.

My story now. I had the lap band and lost 75 pounds and everything was going good until I started having issues with gerd about 3.5 years out. I got approval through insurance to remove band and get sleeved. I had my band emptied for two months and then had band removed and gastric sleeve both done on July 10' 2012. So I'm am now on day seven. Oh and while he was in there, he also repaired a hiatal hernia. I have seen first hand the success my wife has had and look forward to my new life.

Dr. Marvin and his staff are great. My wife who is a nurse has referred 6 of her coworkers to him and they satisfied as well. One of those coworkers had the sleeve three weeks ago and another couple weeks ago and then myself , last week and we are all doing fine. I am sure there are other great qualified surgeons out there but we are both happy we decided on Dr. Marvin . No regrets whatsoever.

I am a patient of Dr. Robert Marvin and he is wonderful. I did my gastric sleeve Oct 2012. I had some severe complications after the procedure and he and his staff got me through a tough time. I ended having to have a revised procedure - gastric bypass which he performed. I cannot thank him enough for everything. My complications started when he was out of town and he flew back early. I highly recommend Dr. Marvin.