Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Kelly post-op questions...

Hey there all you experienced sleevers! I had my surgery on the 29th and was released from the hospital yesterday and am now staying at the Lucerna (great hotel btw). My questions are...

1. Whenever I take a drink now, my tummy "bubbles". Is this the left over gas from the surgery or am I drinking wrong?

2. How did you take your antibiotic? The past 2 times, I've opened it and put it in a bit of Jello, but, that is nasty. Any advice?

3. Are the tummy pills for everyone or just those with acid/reflux problems?

Trish is supposed to be here a while, but I thought I might be able to get my answers quicker this way.

TIA!

The bubbling is probably both acid and the swelling inside. I took all meds orally and swallowed them whole. The acid reducer is for everyone, and helps with acid and false hunger.

Congrats on being sleeved!!

:)

I also took my meds whole...I took a sip of Water in my mouth, popped the pill, swallow. A sip to chase if necessary...but either way...drink as much after the pill to work it on down. I never took the acid reducer (what was the name of it? I just took the penicillan).

I've never felt acidic... guess I'm luck!

I also took my meds whole...I took a sip of Water in my mouth, popped the pill, swallow. A sip to chase if necessary...but either way...drink as much after the pill to work it on down. I never took the acid reducer (what was the name of it? I just took the penicillan).

I've never felt acidic... guess I'm luck!

I asked Dr Kelly about the omeprazol and he said to take it whether you have acid or not...he said its to protect your stomach. I didnt have any problems with my stomach so I was thinking I didnt have to take it. He said even so...take it. I have also been swallowing my other 2 meds since 3 days post op. Wellbutrin (cut in half) and Trazadone.

Your stomach is still producing enough acid for a full size stomach, that is why you have the omeprazole. The 'gurgling' you describe lasted about 4 weeks for me, it was an odd feeling, but normal. I took the pills whole.

Thanks everyone for you help. Dr. Kelly showed up about 30 minutes after I posted this and answered all the questions I had, which was more than just these 3 :rolleyes:. I tried several times to post that I had my answers, but for some reason I couldn't do it. I'm home now and things are going well.