Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wanting to eat instead of drink

After 11 days post op I'm getting sick of drinking...any suggestions on other things besides Adkins drinks and Protein smoothies and Soups? It's really getting old to me. I see the dr. this Wed. and I'm hoping I can start on purees. Any suggestions to keep me sane til then?

Have you tried the drinkable yogurt? It is filling.

Unfortuantly there really isnt much to eat on full-liquids. Hang in there. It DOES get better!!

Kelly :)

After 11 days post op I'm getting sick of drinking...any suggestions on other things besides Adkins drinks and Protein smoothies and Soups? It's really getting old to me. I see the dr. this Wed. and I'm hoping I can start on purees. Any suggestions to keep me sane til then?

That part just sucks and you can't do anything about it. You have to get through it. It's awesome when you get to regular solid food stage. Hang in there, you'll be there soon.

They said I'm not able to have Jello or pudding yet. :(

Hopefully this wed. I'll be able to start on Jello.< /p>

I have been on diet jello since the hospital, on week two now and really enjoying Soup, even though it is lump-less! When you can have it Jello has diet pudding parfaits that are yummy! I can get three servings out of the one serving package and it is only 20 calories. Hang in there, it is all going to be worth it.

Ice pops are wonderful on the full liquid stage! Use a packet of koolaid (the unsweetened version - I like invisibles because the pops end up clear) 1 tsp of Gelatin (optional) 1/8th tsp stevia liquid and 2 cups of Water. Pour into ice pop molds and freeze. They are SUPER flavorful and really help with the boredom of liquids. :)

I also made chicken broth pops - it gives you the illusion of eating something because of the icy crunch but maintains your full liquid status. Oh yeah, full liquids allows for cream based Soups too but I found them to be kinda gross. I did well with Tomato Soup though.

OMG... i am only a few days out and I hate this liquid diet.. on Saturday I can have yogurt.. anyone have brands that are good and fat free?? please share.

Thanks..:rolleyes:

Anyone know what would happen if you ate some solids early? Something soft like chicken and chewed it really well... Whats the harm?