Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am four days post op and yesterday started to eat yougurt and applesauce with Protein Powder in it. I was eating about 1/2 cup. Was wondering why my stomach was hurting. When I looked closer at the portion sizes I read I am only supposed to eat 1/4 cup. Do you think I have done permenant damage? I am also having trouble keeping my Vitamins down. I am just overwelmed and in pain ;( I am angry with myself because I thought I was so prepared for this but I guess I wasn't. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

<br />I am four days post op and yesterday started to eat yougurt and applesauce with Protein powder in it. I was eating about 1/2 cup. Was wondering why my stomach was hurting. When I looked closer at the portion sizes I read I am only supposed to eat 1/4 cup. Do you think I have done permenant damage? I am also having trouble keeping my Vitamins down. I am just overwelmed and in pain ;( I am angry with myself because I thought I was so prepared for this but I guess I wasn't. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks<br />
<br /><br /><br />

For ME, it was important that I did 2 things and two things only my first 2 days post-op.

Stay well ahead of the game and took pain meds whether I needed them or not. I stayed hydrated.

Everything else came second.

I have had little felt pain, I have had Jello, applesauce, pureed Soup etc, with little problems. I walk around when I want to walk then lay down and sip Water. I do not walk far, but I walk often.

I sipped out of a 1oz. cup for 5 days and did not rush a single thing.

That is what worked for me.

Edit To Add:

Do I think you did damage? I do not. I think you body was reminding you to be careful.

If you are unsure, contact your surgeon and ask.

DESERTDOC

I am sure your fine, your sleeve was sending you a reminder. It's going to take a while to use to this new way of eating.

Gina, I hope you are feeling better. Don't be so hard on yourself! This is a time for alot of adjustments. You are prepared and have done an outstanding job. Go easy and it will all work. Take care!

It can be overwhelming, I am glad things are better today!! Hydration is. #1 priority, everything else will fall into place sweetie., try not to stress.

:)

Hope today was better for you. Just take it slow and sip your Water and Protein shakes for a few more days. I wouldn't worry about the Vitamin right now. Maybe try it again next week. I still have not found one that doesn't make me vomit. So my NUT said to wait a few more days and try a different one. Just take it slow and take care of your new tiny tummy.

Hugs to you.

I have been eating really slowly and just until I feel satisfied. I wouldn't try to get in a set amount just yet. They told me 1/4 cup and I was over two weeks out before I could do a full quarter cup in one setting. If you are uncomfortable, it's time to stop eating. Your sleeve will let you know when more is ok, once the swelling goes down it will be way better.

Hey girl you are learning like me. (July 26th) The hospital gave me a bunch of 1 OZ medichine cups. I use these ALL the time.

The most I drink is 2 OZ in 15 minutes. I am still on my weight lost shakes the doctor told me to take. I don't have the nerve to eat what you do. You did not mess up your stomach. Start to measure everything out. I have had the dry heaves twice. Once gulping Water & another taking a pain pill with just water. So the new stomach will teach us not to screw up. I'm not getting my 64 oz in at all. I may get in 40 oz. Yesterday 3 days out I had a better day for fluids. The others were hit & miss. Not that I wasn't trying, my stomach wasn't. Right now I just finished a 16oz shake & it takes about 2 hours. Now I have 20oz bottle of water I am slowly working on. So keep marching on. Looking forward for to Sept when we newbies can have some food again.

It is all so overwhelming in the begining and hard to do everything perfect. I am a rule follower and follow instructions to a "T" and it was hard for me to do everything perfect the first 4 weeks!!

If you are able to eat more, it just means your swelling has gone down faster than most. That is great, but you really should do what your plan calls for. Don't beat yourself up too much over it, just do what you are supposed to do and you will be fine.

I am 12 weeks out tomorrow and still learning. It definatley is a learning curve.

Hugs,

Kelly :D

I'm 5 weeks post op and have been allowed to applesauce and yogurt for only 1 week! I was on Clear liquids for 2 weeks, then full liquids for 2 weeks. Are you sure you are supposed to eat that already? You're still healing. I would give the doc a call to ask about the diet and if you are alowed to eat that already then I want your doctor!! LOL

I'm sure you are ok...just listen to your tummy. Don't get discouraged!

Every doctor has a different post op diet. Mine told me full liquids for the first three weeks after surgery and then mushies for another 6. Of course, when I went to see him for my two week appointment he said I could move to mushies right away and start regular foods in three weeks....I think it has to do with your personal progress and what you can handle.

:)