Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i made a really bad food choice tonight

Tonight a co-worker gave me a piece of a chocolate mousse ( maybe 3 oz ) and said to bring it home for the hubby. I've been pretty good staying away from sweets but tonight I was very very weak for some reason. My husband will never taste it because I ATE IT!!!!! No I feel like crap plus soooo guilty!!!! Anyone else have moments of weakness?? Uggggggghhh! I FAILED

You didn't fail. 3 oz. of mousse is not going to ruin you. Go get yourself some sugar free Jello pudding and sugar free cool whip and make your own guilt-free mousse. And tell those people no thanks next time they try to foist something like on you. You're only human! biggrin.gif

Ah thank u! That's what's so good about these forums, helos us to be accountable. Thanks for the encouraginf words. I hate how I feel right now, so I don't think I will be splurging lke this ever again. :). Thank u

You didn't fail - you just hit a road bump! And let me tell you, I've been hitting them all week. I just ate way too much ice cream that I didn't even want but it was just calling out to me and then it made me feel like crap afterwards.

I guess we learn from these things. It makes me want to make sure I put the damn stuff in the garbage before I'm tempted next time! You with me? :) I'm looking on towards a new week of no sugar and no white carbs to get back to where I need to be.

x

I made biscuits and homemade jam today and I ate half of a biscuit with some jam on top. I won't be having any more, but I still ate off of my plan. I just won't have any more carbs today. No biggie. Don't beat yourself up.

That is hardly a fail! Just a learning experience!!!! With the very few calories you are consuming, a little mousse won't make a difference. Now you know your triggers and you can avoid putting yourself in that situation in the future. I can NOT have oreos in the house. I have downed 3 or 4 (yes after surgery). My kids don't miss them and I sure don't either!!!

Tomorrow is a fresh new day! Celebrate yourself and all you have accomplished :D

i worked at the State Fair today... and you all know what rotten choices for food there is there... I did bring a Protein Drink, so at least I got some Protein in... then I planned on and ate a chocolate soft serve cone. I also walked the 1.4 miles to my car and back avoiding the shuttle. Life happens and I want to be there when it does! Plan, enjoy and move on....

I eat what I want OFTEN. Sometimes, if I do it without thinking and then starting beating myself up, I quickly remind myself how much I would have eaten before being sleeved. No worries...move forward!

I sure didnt have this surgery so that I could NEVER eat a piece of cake or a cookie.....I had this surgery so I dont eat half the cake and or 15 Oreos......no one got fat from eating 2 oreos or a slice of mousse.

I sure didnt have this surgery so that I could NEVER eat a piece of cake or a cookie.....I had this surgery so I dont eat half the cake and or 15 Oreos......no one got fat from eating 2 oreos or a slice of mousse.

Exactly! Just don't stretch your tummy out with too much stuff, even the good stuff.

I once ate a 350 calorie cookie....yep...350 calories of delicious buttery shortbready goodness. and I felt guilty and horrible and like I had failed....and then I remembered...Normal people don't beat themselves up over a cookie. NORMAL people with a Healthy food relationship would just eat the damn cookie enjoy it and move on with their lives.

My thoughts exactly!!

I will not get fat from one or two Cookies, but surely will from 10!!

Also not from 1-2 pieces of pizza but will from 5!!

That was my reasoning for the surgery too! PORTION CONTROL!!

Don't beat yourself up over a few bites of something. You WILL NEVER be able to eat like you did pre-sleeve again. If you have a few bites of something "bad" once in a while, it will not wreck your plan. Just don't do it everyday!!

Hugs,

Kelly :D

Don't beat yourself up over this. 3 Oz of Chocoloate Mousse a failure does not make. Now if you start doing this every day and eating more than a single serving... then start to worry. But for that, just enjoy it for the moment and move on. :)

I agree with everyone who posted. I don't keep junk in the house that I will eat but if I want something sweet I will have to go out and get it. Don't be so hard on yourself.