Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How VSG changed your tastes!

I am 12 weeks out tomorrow and have not eaten anything I am not supposed to as of today.

The thought of eating fast food, bread, pizza, carbs of any type really make me feel weird. I have not had a cookie, cake ice cream choclote or piece of pie since months before surgery and really don't miss them! I was afraid in the begining to try them for fear of them making me sick, but now, I really don't want to.

For the things I have tried that I didn't like: The only thing I have eaten that was weird for me was YOGURT. I use to love it and eat it daily. Now, it tastes so nasty to me! I was so upset during my full-liquid stage. I bought lots of it and different brands, but I just couldn't eat it. :angry: I tried a bite of my husbands yesterday morning and it still tasted like poo to me!

Kelly

So far the only thing I have noticed is that I love ketchup a little more. Before I used to prefer cheese on eggs over ketchup. But, now I LOVE the ketchup.

And, oddly enough I dislike tomatoes now! I took a baby grape Tomato the other day and had to spit it out!

I tried a potato chip not too long ago and it did not taste good at all. Other things taste exactly the same as they did before surgery but I can't stand it now (i.e. bread).

I am a little over 12 weeks out, and unfortunately, my tastes have not changed at all!!! :( lol

luckily, i am experiencing great self control. i crave just about anything, but i now know what i can tolerate and what i cannot. i know that if i crave a mcdonald's bacon, egg and cheese biscuit, i know that after 2 bites i am finished and stuffed to the max. so therefor i just wasted money and ate horrible calories.

i don't let myself eat what i won't benefit from

I am 6 weeks out. My taste has changed on some things, not on others. The majority of things taste the same. Of course I haven't tried everything yet either! ketchup used to taste great- now I don't like it at all. Same with hamburger (even on the grill) which makes me a little sad as it was a favorite before (oh well). Also, I am glad to say that ice cream does not have the same hold on me it used to! It tastes OK now, but can take it or leave it, whereas before I would always take it (by the gallon)!

I was hoping it would change my taste and I would like more things but nope :( I really want to like yogurt but I can't find any that I do like, they all are nasty! LOL

I used to LOVE hotdogs and I don't like them anymore, I'm a little bummed about his one, I miss them! LOL

I also don't like chocolate candy bars (hersey, twix, kitkat) anymore! YAY! This is a Great thing! LOL

Yes, my tastes have definitely changed. Now, I can't even think about fast food without feeling slightly ill. Ditto greasy foods, like potato chips--which I, like another poster above, could eat an entire bag of pre-surgery (and I would have enjoyed every bite!!). Can't do it now. Sleeve doesn't like them, and happily that has translated into my not wanting to eat them. Ditto, really, bread, which I used to LOVE but haven't had since before surgery (except for tiny bites at communion). I don't know. I think maybe our bodies help us out a bit and start to crave the things that they need to function properly. Thus my absolute mania for shrimp a few weeks ago, and now my almost uncontrollable craving for melon of all types--think I need to up my Vitamin C? :rolleyes: It's fun that what I'm craving is more driven by nutritional aspects instead of "head hunger" or white food carb cravings. Hopefully these "new" tastes will stick around for a while!