Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Upping calories to lose weight

I'm testing it out and petrified!

I've been averaging 1100 calories a day and walking for 30 min. Been in a funk w/ weightloss for about 2mos. Was averaging -.7 lbs a week..that sucks to me. So, after reading about starvation mode when you aren't eating enough, I decided to try and fool my metabolism. My weigh in day is on Friday. My calorie counts thus far starting on last Saturday are: 1281, 1100, 1164, and yesterday a big fat 1736. May have to try another higher one today. Anybody try this and have it work? I decided to just suck it up and if I get a gain, I know I tried. I'm at 675 calories today so I'm gonna have to nibble nibble nibble today to get there.

please post what happens....would be good to see if someone else sees it too. I had cut out carbs almost all together....not on purpose...but eat an egg and I am full, a little chicken for lunch and I am full....during the week I am slowing way down on weight loss. Come the weekend cheat a little more (1/2 sandwich on bread) and loose 3-5 lbs????? weird but ok....it has to be not enough calories because i am doing everything else right??????

I will post on Friday...I'll start a new topic and call it "RESULTS FROM UPPING CALORIES" Watch for it

please post what happens....would be good to see if someone else sees it too. I had cut out carbs almost all together....not on purpose...but eat an egg and I am full, a little chicken for lunch and I am full....during the week I am slowing way down on weight loss. Come the weekend cheat a little more (1/2 sandwich on bread) and loose 3-5 lbs????? weird but ok....it has to be not enough calories because i am doing everything else right??????

So excited to see how this turns out for you since I have been considering upping my calories too! Please update when you can and thank you for starting it!

that will definitely work, because your boy only remembers your calorie intake from the previous day. SO eating more one day and eating less the next will shock ya system. keep it at 1100 for 2 days then up then drop back to 1100 then up it again then drop lower than 1100. this should break the cycle and you will be back to losing in no time

I certainly hope so, but am not counting on it...my metabolism is shot. Yesterday I at 1500 calories. Today I'm going back to 1100 and tomorrow is weigh in. Let's see what happens.

I was super focused on counting carbs and Protein and calories for the first few months. Like a maniac! Then I had a bunch of parties to go to and stuff going on and wasn't so diligent and I noticed I still lost weight because I stopped when I was full. I still drink my Protein Drinks about 3 a day. I seem to fluctuate for a bit and then drop alot over a day or two and then do it all again. As long as it's working, I'm happy!

I lose weight so slow, basically after 8 months I can barely eat 800 calories a day but only lost 78 pounds. The only way I get to 1000 is if I eat junk, of course junk food slides down. I'm starting to think I would lose faster though if I could eat more. Interesting to see your results. Janine