Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many times and for how long were ur stalls?

I lost 10 lbs the first 2 weeks post op. Then nothing for another 4 weeks. Finally last Friday, the scale stared moving again. I weighed this morning and since Friday, I've lost 6 lbs. So now I don't feel like my surgery was a failure. Those stalls are very frustrating and make you so discouraged but when they break, you feel like jumping for joy. Oh and I guess tomorrow I need to update my ticker which has been stuck on the same number for so stinking long.

Hooray for breaking your stall!

I lost 10 lbs the first 2 weeks post op. Then nothing for another 4 weeks. Finally last Friday, the scale stared moving again. I weighed this morning and since Friday, I've lost 6 lbs. So now I don't feel like my surgery was a failure. Those stalls are very frustrating and make you so discouraged but when they break, you feel like jumping for joy. Oh and I guess tomorrow I need to update my ticker which has been stuck on the same number for so stinking long.

I woke up this morning in one-derland! My stall has finally broken too!

Hi guys! I am 5 weeks out and have not lost anything in 2 weeks. I eat between 550-700 calories each day, 30-40 grams of carbs, and 60-65 grams Protein. I too feel this fear that I will give up like before when I stop seeing results. I do not think we can give up this time. This is different....Our sleeves will not let us. I am going to try really hard not to obsess about the scale and think more about listening to my body. Trying to eat when I feel empty and stop before I get too full. Still going to eat my Protein first and of course not much room for maybe a bite of a carb per meal. I think that if I do this there is no way this weight will stay on. Sometimes I forget this is my plan and get all obsessive again but trying really hard to work on the just listening to my body thing! Thank God we can support each other thru this cause it is hard to see the scale stop moving when you are consuming so little!

You aren't eating enough. Up your protien and calories and watch that weight drop faster than a drunk chick at a frat party.

I'm almost a month out.. how much do you think I should be eating? Here's a common day:

Breakfast - 1/2 - 2/3 Protein shake (would have 30gms Protein and 160 cal if I finished it)

2 egg whites or 1 scrambled egg and slice of bacon

Lunch: turkey and slice of string cheese

Snack: popsicle or maybe a few pepperoni

Dinner: an oz or 2 of chicken and a bite or two of something else the family is eating

snack - rest of Protein Shake from the morning and a 2nd popsicle

I'm almost a month out.. how much do you think I should be eating? Here's a common day:

Breakfast - 1/2 - 2/3 Protein shake (would have 30gms Protein and 160 cal if I finished it)

2 egg whites or 1 scrambled egg and slice of bacon

Lunch: turkey and slice of string cheese

Snack: popsicle or maybe a few pepperoni

Dinner: an oz or 2 of chicken and a bite or two of something else the family is eating

snack - rest of Protein Shake from the morning and a 2nd popsicle

What you are eating looks good however I wouldn't include popsicles as anything but a treat. Sure they count toward fluids but they do nothing nutritionally for you. I would add in some veggies or fruits as you are bound to get constipated on that diet. Maybe have a hard boiled egg for a snack instead of popsicle or some peices of fruit.< /p>

My stall also broke yesterday!! I hope this is for real!!.. I know the coming one will be soon!! LOL congrats everyone who broke their stall and who still there dont worry IT WILL PASS we are here for each others:)

So I am seriously talking stalls that last more than a week, not 2-4-5 days stalls!

lets share experiences, I happen to hit a HUGE one now after my 3 month post op I Am currently having a 3 weeks stall! YUCK!

Mine goes as follows:

1- I consume a lot of Water more than 100 OZ a day

2- I eat reasonably

3- I find my capacity is getting bigger at 3 month post op ( but not hugely bigger) just more bites

4- I didnt exercise the first 2 weeks of this stall but happen to drop in the gym for some swimming the last week and also I was SO ACTIVE going to weddings and dancing and stuff like that.

Now no matter what I DO and what I dont do, the scale is standing still:) Even when I exercise it is as if nothing happened. One day the scale went up 1.5 pounds and then the next day it is back to the normal stalling weight!

SO How was urs?! how did u feel?! for me I am terrified that this is it! although deep inside I know I KNOW! there is more coming but it just crush ur positive energy and I AM Not giving in!! I AM CHOOSING TO PUSH PUSH PUSH!

SO please share ur feelings:)

I have about 41 lbs till goal and I already lost 39 since surgery:)

You cannot believe how I sound so like you. I have had this stall that is lasting forever and it is about to drive me insane. Keep thinking I am losing all this hair and can't eat much and don't have much energy all for 40+ pounds. I am so frustrated at this point. I stil have 60 to go and see no end in sight an no weight lost for so long after closing in on a little over 3 months. SO FRUSTRATED to the point where I have been avoiding the forums becuse I have no positive news to report.

Well Mystee.. I totally understand! I have been doing the same thing but it's probably when we need to be in here reading the most. I have read many people have a dreaded 3 week stall. So... I'm looking for relief around the week of the 7th of this month. We will see! I did notice that you are in ONEderland so congrats for that!

You cannot believe how I sound so like you. I have had this stall that is lasting forever and it is about to drive me insane. Keep thinking I am losing all this hair and can't eat much and don't have much energy all for 40+ pounds. I am so frustrated at this point. I stil have 60 to go and see no end in sight an no weight lost for so long after closing in on a little over 3 months. SO FRUSTRATED to the point where I have been avoiding the forums becuse I have no positive news to report.

Hello, Well I think our bodies are really fighting for a good reason, I had my immunity going downward after excessive weightloss, and I started to get sick ALOT! virus here, eye infection, bacteria running my tongue and throat and other stuff. SO I asked multiple doctors about it and they confirmed that slow and steady is way better, WELL I didnt ask for fast pace it happened to all of us in the begining, now with stalling I HATE MYSELF! and I keep thinking the same negative things! but I rewind all what have been said by doctors and I feel better that my body is protecting me.

Hold on this stall will pass, keep shaking things up, and be here!! DONT MISS IT HERE, it is an eye opener everytime! NO Matter what ur news is u dont need to write it just have the support u need by reading. I am sure ur weight will start dropping again and U WILL DEF. STALL AGAIN!! so lets always support each others, mentally and may be physcially as they are all connected:)

PS: BTW I never had the 3 week stall, I had my 3 month later stall:) cheer up all xOX

I woke up this morning in one-derland! My stall has finally broken too!

CONGRATULATIONS The Butterfly145!!!!!!!!!! i CANT WAIT TO GET TO ONEDERLAND!!!!

I stalled after day 9 after surgery and not lost anything. today is week 4 and day 1 of this stall. I don't consider it a stall anymore..it's simply waiting for the weight loss to START! Yes i know the frustration and AHOY...OMG i know how your feeling and pray mine breaks before yours did. Good luck to us all!

I have stalls all the time and they are really frustrating. But during the stalls, I notice that I seem to loose inches. I never measured myself with a tape measure. I just use how my clothes fit as a guide. So, i believe that I loose one week, then my body adjusts to it for the next 2-4 weeks. In the beginning, I had a 6 week stall right after my 2nd week following surgery too. I was so upset! I thought I was doing something wrong. Then, one day I woke up and weighed! I had lost 6 lbs overnight. I haven't had a huge weight loss like that since, but it helps to remind myself of my theory. I am in yet another stall. But I keep my focus and know that I will eventually start loosing again.