Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many times and for how long were ur stalls?

So I am seriously talking stalls that last more than a week, not 2-4-5 days stalls!

lets share experiences, I happen to hit a HUGE one now after my 3 month post op I Am currently having a 3 weeks stall! YUCK!

Mine goes as follows:

1- I consume a lot of Water more than 100 OZ a day

2- I eat reasonably

3- I find my capacity is getting bigger at 3 month post op ( but not hugely bigger) just more bites

4- I didnt exercise the first 2 weeks of this stall but happen to drop in the gym for some swimming the last week and also I was SO ACTIVE going to weddings and dancing and stuff like that.

Now no matter what I DO and what I dont do, the scale is standing still:) Even when I exercise it is as if nothing happened. One day the scale went up 1.5 pounds and then the next day it is back to the normal stalling weight!

SO How was urs?! how did u feel?! for me I am terrified that this is it! although deep inside I know I KNOW! there is more coming but it just crush ur positive energy and I AM Not giving in!! I AM CHOOSING TO PUSH PUSH PUSH!

SO please share ur feelings:)

I have about 41 lbs till goal and I already lost 39 since surgery:)

I stall 3 weeks out of every month. Before a stall breaks I go up 2lbs right after my period. So it goes drop 8ish lbs...gain 2 back...stall for 2 1/2 - 3 weeks. Buckle down (not sure how much this helps) and start losing again. Even months when I didn't buckle down I started losing again. Your body as to build back it's reserve of Water which accounts for several pounds so even if you are losing fat you are holding water. Stalls happen. Chart your drops and use the time you are stalling to take a good look at what nutrtion you are getting.

I am having my first stall and I hate it!! My two week surgiversary is tomorrow. I dropped 18 pounds the first 10 days and now nothing : ( I hate it. But realistically I know it is out of my control. I like the idea of supporting each other. It is so frustrating, when my calorie count can't even be close to 700-800. If I am lucky it is around 300. I was concerned that maybe I was eating to many calories in my brocalli/cheese Soup and I googled the deli's site where I buy it from and an entire cup was like 280 calories and I am only able to eat 2 ounces lol. So it has got to just be chemistry and my body catching up. Sure will be glad when it has. Cathi

Ongoing stall....I am just like Southern Sleever above. I stall for 3 weeks and then have about a 3lb loss one week. It's frustrating. My average for 2 mos was -.7 a week. Yes, point 7. Now for some reason I've gotten to -1.25 a week. Whoopie. LOL

I stalled from post-op week 5 to 7...3 entire weeks, are we seeing a pattern here?:huh: At week 7 I upped my calories from about 700-900 to about 1000-1100 per day. I also upped my Water and exercise...and the first day of week 8 I lost 5 lbs...thank God!

It was scary, and I am still afraid of the next one. I guess I am just remembering all my previous diets that once a stall or gain happened I never went back down. I wish I knew which factor I noted above made a difference--or if it just doesn't matter what you do.

I haven't been able to get up to 1200 cals per day as my dr's guidebook says, but that seems like alot to me anyway. Has anyone started week 8--normal diet--and been told to hit 1200 cals per day? I will see my dr next Tues to verify I'm reading this right.

My doc/nutritionist has my husband and I on 1100 calories a day. It's not hard to do, really. I eat 3 meals a day at roughly 300 calories each and then fill the other 200 calories with Snacks.< /p>

Adri Oh thats exactly the one bad impact the stalls leaves on me:( it reminds me of past failure, as much as I appreciate whats my body doing to protect itself as much as it puts me in a misery state! though I chose to push harder still there is a sound inside of me that's shouting to get the negativity out!

Seems like we all share the same semi pattern!

SO here are things I do:

I start looking for support instantly, messaging a dear friend who had VSG, talking to my family about it, Researching and REREADING stalls stories. THAT HELPS so the rhythm stays up!

I am also upping my Water intake like crazy that it hurts my throat lol, and seriously I will need a fixed ride to the restroom!! LOL ( it is becoming like an exercise)

I also dont go crazy with carbs lowering, as it affects my mood to the worst but I try to have a bite or two of any carbs with my meal, but not breakfast! I cant handle carbs that early.

I pay attention to coffee and lattes consuming, if I am ordering a grande drink ( Skinny) from starbucks I reduce it to tall.

OVERALL the mystery of stalling will stay, but its our spirit that I DONT WANT IT TO BE CRUSHED!

Somedays I have to wake up and shout at that negtive voice inside of me telling me "thats it, u will never go further"

Its okay I think to be crazy:)

I am following this pattern fellow sleevers...

Since the turn of the New Year, my weight loss is very slow... but the scale is going down. I seem, too, to stall for three weeks then lose between 1-2lbs. I am a year out now but this has been happening from around the 5-6mth marker. I have tried all the tricks under the sun; the higher cal, the lower cal, the low carb-nocarb, the more carb, increasing exercise, decreasing exercise, more Water, more Water .. did I mention more water... you get the idea!

Whatever I do, it makes NO difference to my body,,, At this stage, I have come to accept it but it has taken me a long time! Still frustrating but I don't beat myself up anymore.

I am sure I will get to goal eventually... and when I do... boy it will be sweet and you will hear me scream from over the pond... =]

Hi guys! I am 5 weeks out and have not lost anything in 2 weeks. I eat between 550-700 calories each day, 30-40 grams of carbs, and 60-65 grams Protein. I too feel this fear that I will give up like before when I stop seeing results. I do not think we can give up this time. This is different....Our sleeves will not let us. I am going to try really hard not to obsess about the scale and think more about listening to my body. Trying to eat when I feel empty and stop before I get too full. Still going to eat my protein first and of course not much room for maybe a bite of a carb per meal. I think that if I do this there is no way this weight will stay on. Sometimes I forget this is my plan and get all obsessive again but trying really hard to work on the just listening to my body thing! Thank God we can support each other thru this cause it is hard to see the scale stop moving when you are consuming so little!

I am 3 weeks out and lost 20 lbs the first 2 weeks then nothing this last week. But, I am walking 2 miles at least 3 times a week, and doing arm and leg exercises with weights- still protecting the abs so no ab work yet. I can feel my muscles getting stronger and I know that muscle weighs more than fat. I fear flab. I needed to lose around 55 lbs total, so 20 down is a good start. I am trying to remind myself that I have tried to lose weight for 25 years. I can't get discouraged just because it isn't falling off quickly enough.

I am 2 mos out and just broke a stall that lasted 6 WEEKS. Yes, 6 out of 8 weeks since post-op. Heh.

Hopefully you'll read that and feel better ;)

Ok, here's an update. During the first 4 weeks after surgery I lost 30 lbs. Then stalled on weeks 5, 6 and 7. At the start of week 8 I lost 3 more lbs, but have stalled again at the end of week 8. Have lost nothing in the past 4 days. I barely had time to Celebrate the end of the first stall when the second one started. I know, waaah, waaah waaah!! :D

I'm 24 days out and have been totally stalled for the past 9 days :( I'm still having a hard time getting in enough calories and fluids. I started including things like avocado and brie in order to get more calories and good fats. I am hoping I break out soon - I can't imagine going 6 weeks on a stall!

OH WOW STALLS ARE CRAZY!

Well, here is update of mine, I have been stalling for 3 weeks and last week I lost 2 pounds and now am back up 1.5 !! REALLY WEIRD !

I AM sick these days so I am trying to blame the meds I am taking and the poor eating ( NOT enough calories) but I cant handle another week of stalling (Mentally) :(