Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having to go in tomorrow for iv fluids! I keep getting these esophageal spams! I do not want to drink because it hurts!!!

I am having to go in tomorrow for iv fluids! I keep getting these esophageal spams! I do not want to drink because it hurts!!!

Hope you feel better soon! That doesn't sound like fun!

Don't worry! The hospital will keep you until you can drink on your own. In a few days, you'll feel right as rain.

good luck sending well wishes

can you explain a bit more what you are feeling?

I have pains in the middle of my chest/stomach area when I drink sometimes (surg on 7/22), as if my stomach is contracting like crazy or something and then it goes away.

if i breathe in and stand up and stretch myself out a bit, it seems to help. is this what you are feeling as well?

My doc put me on levosin (gave me 150 of them) (he gives it to all his patiets at surgery) and said I could take them every 4 hours as needed the first couple of weeks for spasms. They really helped the first few weeks. After about 2 weeks I did not need them anymore. See if they will let you try those!

Also - are you having any gas? Gas can feel weird pushing feeling too. chewable GasX did the trick. I was eating them alot the first couple of weeks. Now I don't need them anymore. (I had my sleeve May 23)

Hope this helps! It does get better....stick in there!

Are you drinking only cold fluids? Have you tried warm liquids instead or visa versa? Does it spasm with all fluids or just thick ones ? you may have to experiment and see what your sleeve will tolerate. Before your sleeve fluids may not be your after sleeve fluids. Best Wishes.

Thank y'all!!! I am here in the office getting fluids! I will ask about that med! I am so happy with my weight loss but feeling bad is sucking right now!!!!!

Years ago back in the 80's and 90's I would get esophogeal spasms. They were caused by high levels of stress (my job) and my gastric reflux made them worse. This was before the great anti reflux anti acid drugs out now, so the drugs available weren't too helpful. I did learn a relaxation technique that I would practice to stop/lessen the spasming due to stress. I would recognize the very first symptom, then start the relaxation technique. It helped reduce the pain from them significantly. Something you might want to check into.

So what did the doctor say to you? Im still getting these spasms and I'm 6 days out from surgery.

If it wasn't for the spasms I would feel great and would be eating pain free.

Librax-, I actually feel tons better after getting the 2 banana bags! They said that dehydration made it worse! I know thy are terrible!

I'm 4 weeks out and I still feel that, especially if I take too big a bit or eat too much. I've been Prilosec since day 5 and that helped a lot. It seems to help to drink warm stuff. It's worse in the mornings and I usually don't eat Breakfast because of it. I just drink warm tea or something like that. I hope it goes away soon.