Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Give me A typical day of eating!!!!!

My day today:

Breakfast- 1 order of mcdonalds scrambled eggs( = 2 eggs) ( my after the gym chow down)

lunch - 2-3 ounces steak pieces dipped in taziki sauce

Snack- oh yeah Protein wafer bar ( 210 cal, 15 Protein, only 8 carbs)

Dinner-3 ounces- Grilled chicken parmesan- grilled chicken with 2-3 tablespoon of Pasta sauce and baked with motza on top. Yummmmm

snack ( if needed)- cracker-barrel cheese slices and maybe a couple slices garlic sausage

I'm 11 months out now and a typical day is as follows:

Breakfast:

Small slice of wholemeal toast with Peanut Butter and sugar free jelly

snack (one of the following):

Apple / yoghurt / babybell cheese / pepperami / sometimes something naughty!

Lunch:

Goats cheese and couscous salad / baked Beans with cheese (small tin) / smoked salmon and cream cheese parcels

Snack:

as above

Dinner:

Low fat ready meal (can usually only eat about two thirds) / cheese omelette (1 egg) with some vegetables / salmon fishcakes with a little ketchup / slow cooker pork or chicken (one small chop/breast) with a little rice

I try and avoid an evening snack but occasionally have a glass of wine!

drinks througout the day are plenty of Water with s/f cordial, milky Decaf coffee, roibos tea

It sounds and feels like quite a lot compared to what I was having before, but I am still dropping about 1lb per month and nearing goal. :)

A "normal" day for me at just over 8 months post-op

6:15am - Fried Egg on whole wheat toast (or scrambled eggs with no bread)

7-8:30am - 4 Cups of coffee

9:30 - snack of some sort (cheese, granola bar)

20oz bottle of Water

11:30 - Left over dinners (meats only) or salad or Protein drink

2:00 - Snack (Protein Bar, or cheese, or granola bar, or pretzles)

20oz bottle of Water

20 oz bottle of water

6:30 - Usually about 4oz of meat like a burger with cheese and pickles only or ham and usually about 1/4-1/2 of veggies. Sometimes I do Pasta but thats about 1/4 Cup and I'm full!

Either a soda (not everyday) or a small cup of milk or more water in the evening!

Breakfast- Snyntax nectar Protein drink...chocolate truffle 27 g protein

Snack- Fage greek yogurt w/ sf french vanilla Syrup 12 g protein

Lunch- 2 oz tuna mixed with grey Poupon 13 g protein

and a few tiny baby carrots

Snack- 1 Laughing Cow lite swiss cheese 3 g protein

with 1 Wasa light rye crispbread

Dinner- Boca Burger w a few spinach leaves 14 g protein

and a thin slice of tomato

Snack- Atkins Carb Advantage Mocha Latte 17 g protein

540 calories 86 g protein

Breakfast (830)-4 ozs cottage cheese

snack-1030-hard boiled egg

lunch-2pm-3 ozs broiled salmon w/ laughing cow low fat blue cheese wedge

snack-pollyo 2% string cheese (430pm)

iced coffee-6pm

dinner-8pm-ground turkey/cheese combo

calories-730 cals

78 gms Protein

water-80 ozs

i will be honest...i have been falling out the wagon lately...with snacking etc...today was my GET IT TOGETHER day...i think i have done well today, and hope to stay on track. I am almost 4 mos out

Breakfast-- 3/4 of Kashi Cereal (honey almond flax)

Snack:- cheese stick

lunch: lunchmeal roll up. (3 or 4 slices of lunchmeat rolled with 1 slice cheese)

Snack- 1/4 cup of dry roasted edamame

Dinner- whatever family is eating (tonite was steak and corn)

Today:

Breakfast: A small eggplant (sliced, seasoned, and browned in a pan with olive oil) and roasted chicken

Lunch: Turkey Jerkey and a small bag of strawberry gold fish crackers

Snack: cheese stick

Snack: Sunflower seeds

Dinner: One kids taco from Chipotle (steak, corn salsa, cheese, and lettuce), chips (1/4 of an order) and guacamole (about 1/4 of an order).

Iced Tea throughout the day!

I'm 11-12 weeks out now and my typical day, as it has been for the past couple of months, is:

B: 3 turkey sausage links, strips of turkey bacon or leftover meat

S: half cup greek yogurt w raspberries and slivered almonds or granola

L: mini southwest salad w 2 oz leftover chicken or steak, chopped spinach, green onion, pepper, Tomato, avo, carrot, snow peas, cheese

S: Protein shake on workout days (most days) or more yogurt

D:3 oz meat w some token veg or 2 oz meat in a more veg intense dish (fajitas, cacciatore, etc.) depending on Protein load for the day

S: hi pro sf pudding or hi pro sf cake

typ 1000-1100 cal w 100-110 g protein

and of course - water!

I'm 8 months since surgery and I still like to see what people are eating.

I eat Breakfast around 10- usually a egg with a little cheese

lunch around 1- my favorite about 3 oz of rolled turkey breast, swiss cheese and avacodo

snack- cheese stick

dinner around 7- whatever I make for my family- chicken, steak, and a little vegetable

snack- Kims magic pop cracker with Peanut Butter, or a Protein bar if my calories are to low

I drink coffee and Water (I never drink enough though)

june13sleever, you are just too funny!!!! I know exactly what you mean on continuously eating Protein.

yesterday I ate:

Breakfast: cheese stick (7g protein) with coffee

Snack: yoplait greek yogurt (14g protein)

Lunch: chicken noodle Soup (the whole can over a hour in a half) (14g protein)

Snack: ham & gravy baby food (8g of protein)

Dinner: 4 oz of chicken & spinach (27g protein)

Desert: skinny cow mini - low fat fudge pop (1 protein)

Drink: 64 oz of crystal light ice tea

Breakfast: Protein shake or greek yogurt

snack: Mixed nuts

Lunch: lunch meat and cheese or small salad or tuna w/wheat thins or greek yogurt (Mon and Tues: meat and cheese Wed: tuna and crackers Today: yogurt) I can eat 4-6 oz of the meat and cheese and a whole can of tuna

snack: Mixed nuts

Dinner: What ever meat hubby makes w/dinner about 4-6 oz

snack: Wheat thins

Anytime snack because they are in season cherry tomatoes :)

Water or Diet Snapple Peach Iced tea all day and I am a coffee-aholic so I usually have 4-5 cups of that through out the day.

Mon: Power Strgth Training

Tues: Fitness Kickboxing

Wed: Power Strgth Training

Thurs: Fitness Kickboxing

Fri: treadmill or stationary bike or nothing

Sat: Fitness Kickboxing

Sun: Walk 2-3 miles

Untill recently, without fail my day would start with a Preimeir protien shake! In the last couple months they are no longer attractive. I get up 5 to 530 , normally for the first 7 months I would get up and have a protien shake first thing after weighing in. Then for a snack I would have a greek yogurt around 930am,,, still do without fail! For lunch it is chicken, chicken and more chicken, usually left over from the night before. (look up 1001 and ways to prepare chicken). Sometimes, not very often I would have a second yogurt. Now almost never. dinner is usually more chicken of some type. Sound boring right,,, but believe me after time you will stop caring what you eat :) Just as long as you put some food in there, it is no longer and important thing. (making high protien, lean choices are).

Stock up on things like beef Jerky, turkey sauasage bites, baby bell cheese ect. Protien and Calcium and your Vitamins are your best friends! Oh and water!

Im not a great eater, but I try to have a hard boiled eat and carnation breatfast essentials in the am.

fruit and chevre cheese or just a string cheese for snack

homemade tuna salad and garbanzo Beans for lunch

slimfast Protein no sugar shake

chicken breast for dinner with greanbeans

I can only eat about two tablespoon of food so I always try to eat the Protein first. I don't take protein supplements because I haven't found one I like. I also do Decaf coffee and decaf sugar free chai lattes. I also have milk with no sugar hot chocolate some nights.

I know the amount is so small compared to before the surgery but I feel satisfied and content when I'm done eating......... Not like I get hungry anyways.

Interesting replies for sure!

I am almost 7 months out... my diet has been the same since March... I am totally focused on counting protien and carbs..

I drink an EAS Carb Control Protein shake every single day and would be lost without it... 110 calories, 17 grams of protien and 6 carbs.. I would not know how to start my day without one! You can purchase this brand at any Wal-Mart, or Wal-Greens...even Sams Club sells them. Mid Morning snack - Atkins brand Protien bar, you have to really read the box on each as there are different levels of Protein Bars in the Atkins plan.... I buy the choc chip granola that are 17 grams and the Peanut Butter ones that are 17 or 19 grams.

For me,,, in the morning all I can do is the EAS shake, , then hour - two hours later a protien bar... it is like my tummy has to wake up.

I eat Fat Free Cottage cheese everyday, and I only eat chicken, turkey, fish or lean beef... will not waste any effort on uping my carbs...no potato, Pasta, breads, etc.... In the last 7 months I have taken 3 bites of a bun from Red Lobster cause I just could not resisit! It takes so much will power!

I found beef jerkey that has 22 grms of protien in only 1.5 oz packet! It is only 120 Calories - so between my shake, protien bar, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and 1 bag of beef jerkey I can hit my protien goal very easily and with just this I have my calories under 600, carbs around 30 --for the day! I will eat 4 0z of quality meat for dinner, usually chicken breast or a couple slices of deli turkey breast... I drink a ton of crystal light and Water and am good to go!!! It works for me, no complaints!