Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Give me A typical day of eating!!!!!

Hey everyone.... starting from once you were able to start eating solid foods give me an example of what you will eat on any given day and how much!!!

This should be interesting. : )

Thanks

7am B - 1 egg overeasy

10am- Brie cheese ball

1pm L - 1-2 ounces eggplant and turkey meatball lasagna

4pm - 1-2 ounces refried Beans with melted cheese

7 or 8pm D- 1 crab leg with cant belive its not butter....yum yum

Hey everyone.... starting from once you were able to start eating solid foods give me an example of what you will eat on any given day and how much!!!

This should be interesting. : )

Thanks

I wake up and eat an egg.

Then I drink a Protein drink.

Then I drink some Water.

Then I eat some meat.

Then I drink a Protein Drink.

Then I drink some Water.< /p>

Then I eat more MEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Then I drink water and my favorite diet tea.

Then I eat a piece of cheese.

Then I have a popcicle.

Then I try to drink another protien drink. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Here is a typical day for me.

B- 1 scrambeled egg or 1 1/2 boiled eggs

S- small banana

L- 2-2 1/2 Foster Farms Homestyle Meatballs or 2-2 1/2 oz grilled chicken or steak

S- Protein drink, Pure Protein Bar or 1 oz nuts

D- 2-2 1/2 oz Steak, chicken or Salmon

I am 11 weeks out today and that is pretty much how I have eaten since week 4 when I went to soft foods. I get to progress to regular diet next week and can have salad. I am so happy and really looking forward to it.

I track my calories on myfitnesspal.com and adjust my daily intake accordingly to get my 650-800 calories daily.

Kelly

good thread...pretty good to know what to expect...

Typical day for me:

Upon waking (around 6): Water and Synthroid.

Around 8: Iced coffee with milk, Calcium chews.

Around 9: 1/2 a Protein bar (I like the Think Thin brand)

Around noon: 2 shrimp with remoulade sauce

Around 2: A few peanuts or a cracker with Peanut Butter

Around 5: A couple of small slices of cheese (around 1 oz total)

Around 7: 2 super thin slices of lunch meat and maybe some cheese or fruit or whatever sounds good.

I should say that sometimes I have a 2nd coffee (I am having my 2nd one of the day today), and sometimes I have a saltine cracker with my first coffee. I have a very small and very particular sleeve, so my eating habits have adjusted to take in calories and Protein (although I'm still under with both). I feel good and am losing, but I worry about the amount of protein I'm able to consume over the course of a day; however, I can't tolerate the liquid Protein drinks, so I try my best to do what I can with food and bars.

Wow this isn't much food at all that you guys are eating.... I was hoping to start the whole lean cuisine thing... Greek yogurt in the am wrap for lunch and lean cuisine for dinner Protein included in everything.... Getting a little nervous that a couple crackers and a grape will be all I can fit and never be able to enjoy food again!!! : /

You will be able to eat more the further out you get. I get full on 2 meatballs. That is CRAZY!! It really blows my mind how little I eat in comparision to what I used to eat.

I eat twice as much as I could 5 weeks ago. It gets better all of the time.

My plan doesn't call for a calorie,carb or Protein count. I am supposed to eat 3 times a day with out Snacks. I can not do that because when I do because I eat so little, I am only eating about 300 calories a day.

I had to adjust my eating to include Snacks. I don't track carbs or Protein, but do try to eat high protein foods and get enough calories to compensate for my daily exercise.

Kelly :)

Wow this isn't much food at all that you guys are eating.... I was hoping to start the whole lean cuisine thing... Greek yogurt in the am wrap for lunch and lean cuisine for dinner protein included in everything.... Getting a little nervous that a couple crackers and a grape will be all I can fit and never be able to enjoy food again!!! : /

food is overrated now. i just don't care about it. i eat because i have too which is way better than sneaking off to eat 1/2 glazed doughnuts from 7 eleven. And really with all the eating I was doing...it wasn't like I was eating a gourmet meal every night. I was just shoving it in...sometimes it was yummy and sometimes it was whatever. I am happier now. Just working on getting that protien in :)

First off, Dud2Stud, what a cute user name! But I don't think you're a Dud now!

I'm 10 weeks out. I've posted what I've eaten today and what I plan to eat this evening. Don't worry about never being able to eat again! I think most people who have posted are fairly early out. I just got to where I can usually eat 2 ounces of Protein. I started out only able to eat 1 ounce. VST superstar Tiffykins is more than a year out and at goal. She has posted more than once about how much she can eat and I think she has a small sleeve. She manages to eat a small steak, have an appetizer, and enjoy a couple of drinks. Sounds good to me!! Can't wait till I'm at goal so I can do the same!!

But for now, here's my typical day at 10 weeks out. It is 64 grams of Protein.< /p>

Breakfast: Yogurt smoothie (3/4 C. Fage 0 Plain Yogurt, 1/8 C. OJ, 1/4 C. Water, 2 strawberries, Splenda)

Lunch: 1 oz. low fat salami, 1 oz. low fat string cheese, 1/3 C. watermelon

Dinner: 2 oz ground beef patty, 1/8 C. steamed summer squash, 4 bites corn on the cob

Late Night Snack: 1 scoop powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Protein in 12 oz. water

Lynda

I am almost 12 weeks out and today I had:

When I woke up: Protein shake

Breakfast: Chobani strawberry Yogurt

Snack: 10 pretzels (not a good choice)

Lunch: all of the broth and half of the stars in chicken and stars Soup.

Dinner: meatloaf, green Beans

Snack: 2 Popsicles

Today:

A glass of tea on the way to the gym. Another 2-3 glasses throughout the day.

Lots of Water as I worked out.

Breakfast (at 11 a.m. when I got home from the gym): A pouch of tuna with a tablespoon of mayo, pickle juice, salt and pepper added.

Lunch: A rolled tortilla with melted cheese (I only ate half of it.)

Snack: A small bag of cocoa dusted almonds. A small bag of sunchips.

Snack: Sunflower seeds

Dinner: Baked chicken and collard greens.

Snack: sugar free frozen fruit bar.

today

B- Protein Shake: CLICK mocha espresso made with 1c. 1% lowfat milk, 4 oz. Water and lots of ice. frappaccino YUM! I am ADDICTED to my Protein drink!

mid-morning snack- 1/2 c. cottage cheese

L- 1/2 c. chicken breast grilled + 1/8 haas avocado. (this was 1/2 of a wrap from our monday catered lunch @ work. tossed the tortilla and ate some of the "insides". grilled zuchinni & summer squash (4 pieces cut round, not long)

afternoon snack- 1 frigo mozzarella string cheese stick

dinner - 1/2 cup of beef with cheese, onions & peppers (the insides of 1/2 of a leftover philly cheese steak sand)

this gave me 845 cals/35 g. carbs/67 grams protein

tomorrow (I preplan whenever possible)

B- click mocha espresso Protein shake made WITHOUT milk this day

mid morning snack- 4 taco Breakfast bites (crustless quiches theworldaccordingtoeggface recipe sort of)

L- small shrimp (3 oz) with 2T cocktail sauce. 4 pc. grilled zuchinni/summer squash (leftovers from yesterday's lunch) I also have a piece of gilled beef rolled up with some spinach left from yesterdays luncheon and am hoping to have a "surf and turf" lunch but doubt I can eat it all....and hate to not eat the veggies cause i LOVE THEM!!!

afternoon snack - 1/2 cup edamame (shelled soybeans, will nibble on for an hour or so)

dinner - 3 oz. grilled tilapia fillet, steamed green Beans (1/4 c)

771 cals/48 g carbs (this would be why I am skipping the milk today, the corn & Beans in the taco breakfast bites are carbing me out)/93 grams protein. See how pre-planning helps?

I feel like I can eat a lot, about 2/3 to 3/4 cup at a time and I am only 1 month out. I vary my days between 700-800 calories, try to stay below 40 g. carbs and aim for a range of 70-90 grams of protein, most from real food, not Protein drinks.

I usually have to eat the mid morning & afternoon Snacks, and always eat all of them. however my actual meals are oftentimes only 3/4 or so consumed. my dog appreciates my new lifestyle at dinner time for sure :)

I have never hurled or got the foamies, however I have eaten too much 2x and almost hurled :( not fun

I eat kinda fast I think, compared to how others here describe how they eat. I feel normal now (comparing myself to non-sleevers) in terms of bite size, chewing and total time to eat a meal. however my coworkers think my portions are ridiculously small (i use 4 oz. plastic glad containers for all my food)

oh....and i've lost 23 lbs post op so far. Others might lose faster, my goal is to #1 be/stay healthy by getting my required protein/nutrients THEN #2 lose. Everyone says I GLOW....and I have a lot of energy so I'm thinking I'm doing ok!