Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am SO bummed out! I am 5 weeks post op, and thought by now I would be feeling GREAT! I have been fighting a battle with Big Time Fatigue ever since the surgery, and now on top of that, I am Nauseated. It just sort of comes and goes. It has been three days now that the persistent nausea has been with me. I will think, "Well now, I feel better." And then I will take a sip of something and the nausea is back. It is so hard to go to work and act like I am OK. I know every one at work knows that I don't feel well. They are all so great, but I want to pull my weight and do my part. I hate having everyone feeling sorry for me all the time!!! And it worries me that at five weeks post op, I am still having problems. I wish I could confide in my husband, but he was opposed to me doing this, and I am afraid he will say "I told you so." Any body out there have any ideas? I am barely getting 200 calories a day down, cause everything tastes funny or makes me feel more nauseaus. And to top it all off, I seem to have hit a weight loss stall. I have weighted the exact same now for 10 days! I hate to say I have buyer's remorse, but I am still mourining the loss of my ability to eat whatever I want, when ever I want in whatever quantities I want, and now I find I can hardly eat at all! Any ideas?

How much Fluid are you getting in each day? The nausea may be due to dehydration> Also, if you are only taking in 200 cal/day, you probably won't feel well.

I didn't really start feeling better until 8 weeks out. Prior to that, I was still nauseous a lot due to dehydration. Fortunately, I manage a clinic so I had the nurse give me IV fluids several times.

Hope you feel better soon!

Sorry about the mis-post. See my reply below.

l

I agree with Janae- dehydration will make you feel sick and then you feel even less like drinking so it is an evil downhill spiral. Start logging your fluids and any foods you eat NOW so you have an accurate picture of what you are getting in. Call your Dr. - they may bring you in for IV fluids. The lack of weight loss is somehting to mention to the Dr. - perhaps it is a sign of dehydration? And if you're not dehydrated, your Dr. may have an idea of what the issue is and why it is affecting your weight loss.

Till you are feeling better, I recommend trying powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Protein to help get some calories and Protein in. Fluid is more important that calories or protein though, so work on that first.

Best wishes - I'm thinking of you and sending healing thoughts your way.

Lynda

It seems to me you have lost ALOT! You are doing great!

It does sound like you may be dehydrated - that makes me feel terrible (I havve not been sleeved, but have had dehydration and it is awful). If it were me, I would be confiding in the surgeon on this... and perhaps even ASK for the IV fluids to get you jump started.

I hope you feel better soon.

Wow. I am right where you are. I don't have buyers remorse at all because I still think this yucky feeling is better than feeling guilty that I ate 8 pieces of fried chicken. I literally just ate some salmon, and I had to stop eating. I gave the rest to my co-worker I wanted it out of my office immediately. I am still loosing. 3 pounds this past week. I am not getting near enough calories. I may go get a frozen yougurt today. I think i am getting to a place where I don't care what I eat I need to eat so whatever I can bite here and there just to get down. I think maybe I will take the rest of the day to focus on fluids. I feel like my sleeve isn't liking Protein very much. I feel so weird when I eat protien, but let me eat a bite of mashed potatoes and my sleeve doesn't mind that at all. Today is the first day I have ever taken a bite of food and literally wanted to spew everything. I got the foamies. I am also so tired. I just want to sleep. I like not eating way more than eating. i really haven't found anything that feels good to eat. I am terrified of losing too much weight. i know my muscles are messed up right now I can see them going away. Not a good day :( BUT I STILL KNOW THERE IS A LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!

Wow. I am right where you are. I don't have buyers remorse at all because I still think this yucky feeling is better than feeling guilty that I ate 8 pieces of fried chicken. I literally just ate some salmon, and I had to stop eating. I gave the rest to my co-worker I wanted it out of my office immediately. I am still loosing. 3 pounds this past week. I am not getting near enough calories. I may go get a frozen yougurt today. I think i am getting to a place where I don't care what I eat I need to eat so whatever I can bite here and there just to get down. I think maybe I will take the rest of the day to focus on fluids. I feel like my sleeve isn't liking Protein very much. I feel so weird when I eat protien, but let me eat a bite of mashed potatoes and my sleeve doesn't mind that at all. Today is the first day I have ever taken a bite of food and literally wanted to spew everything. I got the foamies. I am also so tired. I just want to sleep. I like not eating way more than eating. i really haven't found anything that feels good to eat. I am terrified of losing too much weight. i know my muscles are messed up right now I can see them going away. Not a good day :( BUT I STILL KNOW THERE IS A LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!

I guess the light at the end of the tunnel is what I am wanting to see! For the first four weeks after surgery, I was tired, but knew that was to be expected. But I thought by now I would feel MUCH better. So when the nausea thing started "right out of the blue", I was REALLY laid low by it. Every day, up until the nausea started, I felt a little bit better. And then all of a sudden, I feel like TOTALLY CRAPPY!

Today is better. I tried to rest and sleep a lot yesterday, and I concentrated on drinking Water. I sipped on it all day and got almost all of my 64 ounces in. I also managed to eat some salmon last night for dinner, so at least I did something in the Protein column! Today I sipped on Water all day (again) and managed some tuna with a little mayo and some tomatoes out of my garden chopped up really fine on crackers. So again, I did get some protein in. The only Protein Drink that I have been able to get down is a smoothie type drink that i get at Target called Boathouse Farms Perfectly Protein. It is in the produce section in the refrigerator case. It is pricey, but at least I can drink it! I have tried 4 or 5 Protein powder drinks, and I can't get them down at all! I drank 12 ounces of the Chai Tea Latte from Boathouse Farms (45 minutes) after I ate my lunch this noon. I think there are 16 Grams of protein in 8 ounces of the Boathouse drink, so I got 20 grams of protein there. Will have it tonight also, so will get close to my 60 grams of protein for the day in.

Like I said, I think I was just really discouraged yesterday, since this nausea thing has hit me so hard, and so sudden, after doing so well!