Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going from 0 mph to 90 mph in a blink!

Hi everyone! My name is Hope and I'm from Georgia. I am having the sleeve done on August 16th so my count down has begun! I was expecting my surgery to be in a few months, but circumstances dictate that it be moved to August. I am now scrambling to do all the research I possibly can and prepare my family and myself to the best of my ability. I am looking at my post-op food and now my goal is to find the right and proper way to make sure I am as successful and I can be. I weigh 328 lbs (Lord, help me, I just had a small heart attack writing that number down in a public forum!!) and my goal isn't so much a number but a degree of being as healthy as I can so I can finish raising my three kids and enjoy a long life with my amazing husband. I had to quit smoking in order for my surgeon to perform the procedure. ACK! I feel like I'm losing everything but my family! My food, cigs, soda, and desserts! I have found a peace deep within today and I am smoke free one day and looking forward to the rest of my life!

Hi everyone! My name is Hope and I'm from Georgia. I am having the sleeve done on August 16th so my count down has begun! I was expecting my surgery to be in a few months, but circumstances dictate that it be moved to August. I am now scrambling to do all the research I possibly can and prepare my family and myself to the best of my ability. I am looking at my post-op food and now my goal is to find the right and proper way to make sure I am as successful and I can be. I weigh 328 lbs (Lord, help me, I just had a small heart attack writing that number down in a public forum!!) and my goal isn't so much a number but a degree of being as healthy as I can so I can finish raising my three kids and enjoy a long life with my amazing husband. I had to quit smoking in order for my surgeon to perform the procedure. ACK! I feel like I'm losing everything but my family! My food, cigs, soda, and desserts! I have found a peace deep within today and I am smoke free one day and looking forward to the rest of my life!

Keep it up Miss Hope, you are taking the right steps! Think about it, your not losing any of those things...those things needed to exit your life so a new you can be born. I wish you the best!

Miss Hope, you've come to the right place and are in good company. You CAN DO this. You have all the right reasons and now it'sthat you have a date AND the motivation, you will grit your way through it. You may not be able to leave the house for 3 days because it puts you out there in the smoking section, but you will work it out. I don't think I left my room for 3 days...then it got better.

As for the sleeve, there is SO MUCH info here. Ask, ask, ask... It's all doable.

Welcome aboard...

Susan

P.s., drink drink drink Water and flush your system...the pre-op diet will undoubtedly help you detox too. Think of it as a blessing in disguise!

Look here, Jawja Peach. You have nothing to be fearful of. There is a littany of information on here alone. You name it someone here most likely can answer it. Pre-Op, Post-Op and long-term maintenance. Insurance, nutrition, fitness and well-being. VST has got it. Best of luck to you on your journey to a new you.

Jeff

Welcome to the forums! Congratulations on starting down the road to a new you! This is a total lifestyle change - but the sleeve will help with that. You are doing the right things, and while it may be hard at first, it will definitely pay off in the end and you'll be so glad to have made the changes. Keep checking around the forums - you will find a LOT of information here.

Thank you all so much for your kind words of welcome! To be honest? I think my husband is having more issues that I am at this point! He is worried beyond belief and I just adore him for it. This week I am going to work on finding the best Protein Shake magic. If you all have any suggestions? I wide open to receiving them! I don't have to do the pre-op liquid diet, but would like to do something of the sort, just to prepare my mind and my system. Thank you again for the awesome welcome! I look forward to sharing my journey with you all!

Hey Hope my name is Elaine.I'm having sleeve on the 16th and I'm from Georgia.Sounds like we have a lot in common including smoking .I quit on April 15th.you can do it

Thank you all so much for your kind words of welcome! To be honest? I think my husband is having more issues that I am at this point! He is worried beyond belief and I just adore him for it. This week I am going to work on finding the best Protein shake magic. If you all have any suggestions? I wide open to receiving them! I don't have to do the pre-op liquid diet, but would like to do something of the sort, just to prepare my mind and my system. Thank you again for the awesome welcome! I look forward to sharing my journey with you all!

Go to the food and nutrition section in this forum there are three topics pinned at the top one for the best Proteins. One on where to get samples and one on how to make different shakes.

Tell your husband to come onto here and he can ask any question he likes. The more informed a person is the less scary the whole thing becomes.

Congratulations on starting your journey to a healthier new you!! Good for you for quitting smoking!!

Hi Hope, welcome to the club VSG. You will find so many people on this forum who can help and advise from their own experience. For me, like many of them, getting sleeved was the best decision and has enabled me to regain my life, in quality and fun. It is quite awesome to be able to enjoy buying clothes and to feel good about yourself, there are no words that adequately describe that feeling. August 16th will be here in no time at all and then you can succeed like we have. I would try to follow the liver shrinking pre-op diet religiously, it makes the surgery easier for you and the surgeon. I was advised by my surgeon in Czech Republic to take Milk Thistle extract and an MD on here also suggested Vit E as an aid to making the liver as healthy as possible. Since taking Milk Thistle I have never had a bad hangover as I do like a few tipples now I am at goal. So I am sure it does work!

:cheer2:

Jane x