Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from the Netherlands (Holland)??

I would be curious to hear if there is anyone with some experience in the Netherlands???

Ik ben een Amerikaanse vrouw en Ik ben getrouwed met een Nederlander. Ik zoek een beetje informatie over artsen wie met the "LAP band" werken. Informatie??? Ik zal heel blij zijn als je scrijven. Ik spreek (en scrijf) in Nederlandse taal alleen een beetje, maar ik zal altijd proberen!!!

Groetjes,

Charlotte :clap2:

Lieve Charlotte,

We write in English here. I can read dutch but can not write in dutch. I understand that you are an American woman married to a dutchman, and are interested in the lapband and how it works.

Het Beste,

Patty

Westminster California

Geboren in Den Hague

I'm an American living in Den Haag also.

My date is almost firm - Jan 23 2007.

I would like to tallk about your experiences!:clap2:

Bella!

Bella,

Congratulations for you surgery date!

Do you have all the items ready to make your surgery successful? Many of the people here suggest certain foods and comfort items for the days following surgery. I was told that sleeping in bed is very uncomfortable and that a reclining chair is the best. Tell me about your doctor and where in Den Haag you live. My mother will be in Holland next week, I had an uncle that passed away a few weeks ago. Terribly sad.

I have not yet had surgery, my medical insurance is not willing to allow me the operation. I will have to find a lawyer to have my lapband. I hope for answers very very soon.

Praying for you,

Patty

Hi,

I live off Laan van Meerdervoort - near the Peace Palace. :clap2:

My BMI is not high enough for Dutch insurance to cover it so I am selfpay.

I'm using Doctor Dilleman in Brugge, Belgium. They have the best surgens in Belgium. It's cheap at 5700 for everything - can't beat it!

I have a package deal so I'm staying in a nearby hotel for a few days after surgery for checkups etc.

What's going on with your insurance company?:embarassed:

Later!

Congratulations Bella on the date for your surgery. I have just come back from Chimay with a lovely addition, my lapband!

I was treated so well, it was fantastic! I suspect if I had paid the extra to have it done in England, I would not have received the same kid of service.

That is what is so amazing, the price of surgery in Belgium compared to England. The surgery and stay in hospital was 3700 euros and other expenditure such as hotel. transport came to about 450 euros! This included a present for our Liasion officer (posh title, couldn't think of a better way to describe it lol) Deirdre, she was absolutely fantastic and what was so nice, you never felt alone, which was one of my biggest fears. A group of us from England and Ireland were having the procedure done at the same time, so there was a lot of support. Not so good when you are trying not to laugh after having the surgery :heh: .

I am already losing wei ght which is amazing, I wasn;t expecting to lose so quickly. I guess my body was also a bit peed off with the weight it was carrying around lol. I just hope it keeps going that way, I'm still terrified that I will put that lost weight back on again! I haven;t h ad time to trust the band yet!

Let us know how you are doing.

Kind regards

Suzanne

Hello ik ben Bettina en ik woont op het eiland van Aruba.

Ik heb de band vanaf 8 november 2005, de midband.

Tot nu toe, heb ik geen enkele probleem God zijn dank!

Ik was 131 kilo en nu 94 kilo, en alleen 1 keer heb ik fills gedaan.

Zo ik ben heel heel blij met de band.

De operatie had ik het gedaan in Caracas, Venezuela.

Ok groetjes

I'm an American living in Den Haag also.

My date is almost firm - Jan 23 2007.

I would like to tallk about your experiences!:clap2:

Bella!

Hi Bella!!! I sent all of my forms back tot he NOK (Nederlandse Obesitas Kliniek...God how I hate that name!!!) last week. I got a call within three days with an appointment for this Tuesday!!! It is my screening with the doctor, dietician and psychologist. Any idea what they are looking for to say no?? I am so afraid they will not grant me the surgery for some reason. I have Agis for a health care provider. I have been told that after this, I should have a surgery date within 3 months. I really want to talk to you about your experiences.... Feel free to get in touch via my email , or to give me a call. It would be nice to have someone here in the Netherlands to share this journey with...Sort of an AA...only OA...Obesity annonymous! lol I hope to hear form you soon. Sorry it too me so long to get back to you again. My numbers and email are in a private message to you....

Charlotte

Hallo!

Mij naam is ook Bella! Mijn operatie was in Nov. 07 en ik ben 34 lbs. afgevallen. Ik ben out Curacao, maar woon in the V.S. Mij operatie was in PA,USA.