Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Herbalife???

Anyone ever heard of this?

http://www.herbalife.com/hl/templates/templatepreportal/herbalife/index.jsp

Here's the story...

There's a couple from our church that we've been having casual 'Howdey' talk with. Nothing personal.

Lastnight I met the wife in Walmart. She started talking to me about Herbalife - they are distributers for it. :tired

Ive never even heard of this - I actually thought it was Metabolife, the old herbal diet pill.

She corrected me - AND - listed many of the WONDERS Herbalife has done for her and her family (I hate people like that) one of her poke's is that she dropped 60 pounds when she started using Herbalife.

Best yet, she informed me that her husband is ALSO a Personal Fitness Consultant :confused:.

Looking back over the sales-pitch, its funny that she shared HOW much money they make, could make, will make, blah-blah-blah... she talked about money MORE then how awesome the product (Herbalife) is.

That was weird.

Anyway, what's up with this Herbalife stuff?? Anyone familear with it?

Hi Paula,

Years ago, like more than 6 years ago, my sister was a distributor of this stuff, so of course she got me to buy some. Well, I was taking like 17 pills A DAY!!! And the only thing it did for me was make me feel shaky. My sister is and always has been, rail thin, so I figured it would do something for me!! I took the stuff faithfully until my supply ran out, NOTHING. Just thought I would share my experience with it, oh, and at the time I took it, I was maybe 30 lbs overweight.

I used to be an Herbalife taker. Back in 1998. I lost 15lbs on it, 7lbs the first week. Yes.. for me, it was like 22 pills (herbal..) I had to take a day and drink lots of Water. It left me shaky and jittery, at the same time absolutely no appetite to eat. It worked for the time I took it. Co-workers around me noticed my weight loss .. I was about 105lbs after the loss. Eventually I began to sell it for about 1 month and sold over $3k worth of that stuff and made 60% profit on it. I stopped right away. Selling is not my bag. Gained the weight back too... went from 105 - 145lbs. Then got pregnant and that's all she wrote.

If you are looking for excellent Vitamins with high absorbancy, shoot for either Shaklee or Melaleuca. Best quality, but I'm sure the Melaleuca isn't available in a liquid. They have packs with about 5 tablets twice a day. I have enough trouble getting my Vitamins in, I go for the liquid.

As for the pyramid marketing...she might have lost plenty of weight, but I can guarantee you it wasn't with the vitamins alone. She ate better, exercised more, just like the rest of us. You can't blame success or lack of it on Herbalife. I'm sure the products are fine. I never did any type of home-business selling of anything. It bothers me to think that every acquaintence I meet is a potential customer. I just don't want to think that way about people. :shrug:

I tried herbalife back in the late 90's and took it about a month but it was making my heart race and I felt anexious a lot so I stopped taking it. I know I was losing weight but it just made me feel really weird. Also my pee smelled bad. hahahaha and I'm NOT kidding!

My SIL does the same thing to me with Mannatech. She says it is not Vitamins, but food supplements. It has apparently helped her health and that of her family. However the company also has a weight loss supplement, that obviously is not the cure all it is supposed to be or she would not have needed banding when we had it done. I hope the product is doing for them all they believe it to be doing. I personally do not want to sell ANYTHING, it is nothing against this product or any other, it is just not something I want to do. I do hate that I cannot mention anything without her having some product that would help me! Just feels like she wants to sell me something. In her defense, I will say when she really thinks something will help us, she has brought over a few for us to try. It seems to be the same way, they all take tons of pills. That is something else I just don't want to do! I guess I am just a born skeptic!! Will just chew my Flintstones, and Viactivs, and be happy!

Kat

Josette,

The pee was horrid and very very yellow in hue. Even if I opened up my box of pills, the smell wreaked in my entire home.

Hi, I dont know anything about herbalife, but if you are looking for really great Vitamins and stuff, there is a company called american longevity, I think that it might even be called youngevity now. But anyways, they have Vitamin and mineral and anti oxidant liquid vitamins that are amazing. I feel such a difference when I take them. My whole family takes them too. They were the ones who told me about them actually. I think that there is even a website for them like americanlongevity.net. But anyways, thats my input. Dont get sucked into a scam. You know they are just trying to get you under them to sell things when they are talking only about money and not even telling you about the product. Hope this helps.

It is like an Amway thing

Paul, in my initial post, I wrote (then deleted) that it seemed like an Amway type of thing. I deleted b/c I didnt want to offend any Amway members. But yeah, thats what I was thinking - the pyramid type of marketing/money making/getting people under you - stuff.

I dont like that - Not my thing.

It bothers me to think that every acquaintence I meet is a potential customer.

Amen Kathy! Guess this is why I never liked this type of thing.

Im nOt a good salesman - too honest.

And for everyone else - NO! Im NOT looking for vitamins/herbs/mineral suppliments.

Im happy doing my own thing.

I was just worried that I was missing out on something.... :confused:

17 pills a DAY???

22 pills a DAY???

Good Lord - Can you imagine taking that many pills with the band?! ...wonder if this would classify one as a 'pill head'?

:biggrin1: sorry.

Im just aggitated that she was trying to 'recruit' me.

Hey Paula,

Believe it or not, but here in Portugal Herbal life is a big thing. I got suckered into it last year, i spent more then $200 to get all set up. It was a friend of a friend who sold it to me, and they told me if i didn't like it after trying it for 2 weeks they would give me my money back.

It turned out I was allergic to something in one of the herbal pills, so i had to stop, and when i told the couple that they said, "oh" but never offered me my money back.

Any way, i think its crap, and i think its the thing were people sell etc. I wouldn't waste your time or money with it. And its pretty crappy of that lady to shove it down ur throat when she hardly knows you, but i guess thats what sales people do right?

:rolleyesI've heard of Herbalife, matter of fact I used to use it. It works really good the first time you use it, but as soon as you try to eat like a burger or something really good you're screwed because you will gain that weight back like 3 times over. The reason why she went into the whole detail with you about how much money and everything they make is because they are always looking for distributors. And that is good for them because as long as you sell for them, they make money right along with you. Of course you make this amount of money, but the majority of theirs will come from the people under them who sell. Not quite a pyramid, but...? In my opinion it is really no better than what we are doing now to lose weight, as far as watching what we eat, but theirs will cost quite a bit more and take about the same time losing weight as with our "natural" weight loss. "Natural" meaning that after our surgery we have enough sense to stay away from the stuff that is no good for us. I hope this helped a little.:clap2:

Herbalife has been around for a long time. I remember it back in the 80's - I was living in the Rocky Mountain area.Yeah its one of those pyramid marketing things. Like has already been said, you might lose weight, but it's also cause your eating good, exercise, etc. IMHO it would be like using slimfast, etc and Vitamins. I'm not saying it's bad, just I don't think it's anything really special. It's another marketing scheme.

Terry:)

O.K. here's an update. Go to their website that Paula listed. The founder died in 2000. He was about 44 years old. GEEE I wonder what from????

Just Wondering

Terry:)