Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a friend who's a trainer

So, I saw my friend yesterday after not seeing her in a year. She raved about my weight loss. I knew she was a personal trainer and now she's begging me to take her Body Pump class. Has anyone tried this? I HATE lifting weights but she swears to me it's fun and it'll help me tone the areas I want to tone.

I did a body pump style class recently; we used hand weights, a heavy weight bar and a lighter weight bar, floor mats, & a step platform. This was not fun, this was brutal! Three days later I was still sore but I will be going back for more, I can tell this is the perfect workout - cardio, aerobic, & strength training, all rolled into one. Hurt so good!

I tried it a couple of years ago and didn't enjoy it. You're changing equipment too often so I never got the weight heavy enough for my liking and found it too easy and a waste of time. I prefer circuit training (in a gym setting, not with exercise machines) and kettlebell workouts.

I like Body Pump but I also enjoy lifting weights. It takes some getting used to and figuring out what weight works for you during the class. If you have a good instructor it is a good class.

I tried it, and I really liked it. The downside is that I am sooo out of shape in my upper body that I have been sore for days. But, I think that means it's what I need to do!! I'd just say to take it slow to start, and if you need to take a break or pause, or use a lower weight, make sure you do it. Because otherwise, you can get an injury, which means NO exercise, which is NO GOOD! :-)

It does take a few classes to get used to it and know which weights to use. After that, you'll have your weights close to you and you'll be able to change the weights for the next routine.

i agree that it's a great work out for cardio and strength training all at the same time.

OMG, I tried it for the first time yesterday. EVERY muscle in my body hates me today! It even hurts to blink!!!! I could't wash my hair this morning because I can't lift my arms over my head. It's horrible. But, I love a challenge, so I'll be going back again!

I took this type of class for a few weeks in a row last year. The pain got better quickly . . . it was an awesome workout! I can't wait to get released by my doc for exercise, I'm itching to get moving!!

I have had a personal trainer for some time and after three weeks off from surgery my muscles ached after getting back to her last night but it will go away soon as I work out more. It is really good way to maintain weight loss, stay motivated, and get proper exercise by using trainer.

Keep it up, your doing good.