Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you describe what a typical day is that you are eating? Are you monitoring carb/ calorie or sodium contents? What about TOM? Just throwing out some things to think about.

Well on an average day i try to have 5 small meals a day. But i eat the same foods as before just not near as much. Could you please give me an idea of what you have in a day and how many clarories, carbs and sodium you take in,. My Doctor didnt inform me on all this it was kind of like well the surgery is done good luck. i am on my 11th week and only lost 35 pounds but like i said in 3 weeks i will loose 3 gain 3 or loose2 gain 4 i cant get past that 35 pound mark. I need help knowing how much i should truely take in in one day.

Not sure, but maybe you are not getting enough calories in with all that working out. Just a thought.

I have not lost 1 pound in 3 weeks and i am workingout 4 days a weeks... I am so upset and discouraged right now... :rolleyes:

Hi, Jess. I am about 12-13 weeks out and have lost about 38 lbs. I am perfectly happy with my rate of loss because it is a little each week. (I did have one short stall at about 3 weeks just like everyone talks about.) Although I would like to drop a whole lot of weight at once, I believe losing slowly is better for our bodies.

I think you need to start keeping a strict log of everything you eat daily for a week or so. Count your grams of Protein, carbs and fats to see as accurately as possible just what you are eating. I believe should not eat less than 800 cals daily. For some of us, less than that throws our bodies into starvation mode and makes it very difficult to lose the pounds. Just keep your log and then report back. Of course, keep us posted of your progress in the meantime.

If you don't mind telling, who is your surgeon? It is unfortunate he did not provide you with any dietary information for post op. Mine gave us pages of post op instructions for diet and activity. This forum will be a great resource for you. Kathe

You probably need to up your calories if you are working out a lot.

Don't be so down on yourself! I think we all get the surgery thinking it will fall off quick because are eating habits are drastically changed. I was pretty bummed for the first month and a half and then I realized, it's a life changing surgery, and it's gonna take time. I have only really started seeing major changes in the past month or so, and finally getting into smaller sizes. I kinda lose weight right around my TOM. As soon as it really gets going I lose a few pounds and might not see another drop for a couple weeks. Doesn't mean your aren't losing other places too. My face is alot thinner, and I've noticed my back is losing it's flab. So, even when I measure my waist and hips, it's not always visible that way too. Try to have some patience, and listen to your belly when it says it's full!