Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery on Monday, July 11th. Today is my 6th day post op. As of this morning I'm down 7.1 lbs from my surgery weight. :cheer2:

This morning I feel kinda blah :mellow: First day I've felt that way. Kinda dizzy at times too. The first thing I did when I got up was start drinking my Protein shake. It was the ones from costco with 30 gms of Protein. After over an hour I'm done with it. I've also already had 3 BM's this morning. So that is a good sign I guess. I just took my chewable multi Vitamin (yuck) and had a cup of Decaf coffee with FF milk in it. :coffee: About to start my Water for the day now. I just haven't done much. Been catching up on my youtube vids and on here reading. When I get up and move around I just get that dizzy light headed icky feeling. But when I'm sitting I'm ok.

Now that I think about it, do you think it could be my BP? Since I take BP meds, could it be making my BP too low? That would be awesome if I could stop taking that. :regular_smile:

Now even though I'm down to 205.4 this morning from 212.5 on Monday, I am not smaller. Usually at this weight I can really see it, especially in my clothes. I was getting to where my size 20's were lose and 18's were just fine. But since I'm still swollen I just don't see it. URGH! I know it will come....but when? When did the swelling go down after surgery?

Another thing I'm ready for...is SHOPPING. I'm so ready to go to the thrift stores to get smaller sizez....LOL I know that will be awhile, but I'll have too soon. I don't have anything smaller than an 18 in my closet. I've been an 18/20 forever.

Anyway, just wanted to see how everyone else was doing from surgery this past week.

Oh and I'm still having to take my Lortab. Only twice yesterday and slept without it last night too. But once I got up, the pain was there when I stood up or walked. So took a dose this morning.

I also have a new post op video up on my youtube channel. :angel_smile:

Oh and Nancy...I'm still hot. I think it's my hormones. Surgery must have screwed with them.

Sounds like you are doing well. Congrats on the loss!

I'm a day behind you, and was feeling great this morning - until about an hour ago when the diarrhea came back with a vengeance. So, now I'm sitting in my bedroom about 10 steps from the bathroom sipping on my Water waiting for my tummy to settle back down.

I did take a Zofran last night even though I didn't feel nauseated - but I thought it might help me sleep. It did - I slept like a baby - only waking to pee. Although I have a headache today (which is one of the possible side effects of Zofran) - so I'm not sure I'll keep taking it. Perhaps just when I really need to sleep... lol

Yeah, I'm sure the surgery has screwed with mine - I was supposed to start TOM the day of my surgery and it hasn't come yet. We'll get through this though!

I was dizzy a few days after my surgery too. I went to my PCP and my blood pressure was low so I am now only taking half of my blood pressure med! :)

Take care!

I had my surgery on Wens. the 13th. I am feeling really good except for the shoulder pain. They told me I would get it due to the laproscopic gas. It is like an ice pick in my shoulder joint. My friend is 5 months post op. She too had this problem she said it will take a week to go away. She also told me she is starting to lose her hair....hmmmm. I hope I don't get that. As for my period it was supposed to start two weeks from now and started yesterday with a vengeance! Surprise! Must be the hormones. I have lost 11 lbs. In 5 days. I did not expect it to be that fast. I am eating a liquid diet with puddings and cream Soups. And lots of added Protein. NO problems keeping food down. I just fill up really quick. I am excited to get my drains out on Thurs. other than that I am just going day to day! I am just so happy I am never hungry! I know that will change but I will enjoy it as long as it lasts!!!!!! Pre -surgical weight 265 lbs. was 254 this am.:D

Congratulations fat2skinnymom! That's awesome weight loss!

I did start getting the pain in the left shoulder from the gas. What I did was start exercising my arms - lifting them up above my head, doing rotations, crossing arms, etc and it really helped with the pain. In fact, once I did that, I didn't have the pain in the left shoulder anymore.

I was sleeved on the 12th. I haven't taken my blood pressure meds since the day of surgery. I've been checking it at home and it's been very good, so I was kind of taking it one day at a time. I'm off my lortab, but I still have one incision that burns/pulls/hurts. I'm trying to just ignore it, but it's not easy! lol

LOL Mythreechildren....its hard to ignore that pain sometimes. I find when I've been up moving, like taking my shower, getting dressed, the pain/pulling/burning starts. So I have to sit back down. It's really getting annoying. I feel I can't be up moving much at all and I thought by now I could do a little more. But I'll take it slow for a few more days and hope it gets better.

I sent hubby to Walmart to get a blood pressure monitor. So I'm going to start checking it and go from there.

Yep, my BP is low. So will track it a few more times tonight. Then tomorrow not take my BP meds and track it for a couple of days and if its more normal, then go see my PCP. Maybe I can finally get rid of the BP medicine.

Good Morning everyone,

I am 9 weeks post op, and I remember all the issues that you guys are speaking of. As for the BP issue I have never had any issues with my BP. But the pulling and pain I do remember. What is so funny is that the day of my 2 week apt with Dr. Nick it felt like that pulling popped., that morning when I raised my arm in the shower, and then no more pain. It was like night and day. (Brittany said that was normal and a lot of patients have this happen). At that point I was up and moving and didnt need that dang binder anymore... I hated that thing with a passion. It made me itch and I got this really bad rash that lasted for nearly two more weeks once I quit wearing it. I remember being so hot that I couldnt sleep at night, but then I am also menopasual, but those first few weeks I thought I was going to go nuts. I think that the anethesia has something to do with that. I am down 39 pounds and have hit a platue, but I think its due to the fact that I may not be getting enough calories. I am really only getting about 600 to 700 a day. I am getting aprox 50-60 grms of Protein daily, but I am going to my post op class this week, so hopefully they will be able to help me with that. The only issue is that I still can only handle approx 3 to 5 oz at a time, depending on what it is I eat. But I LOVE that full feeling. Now I am learning to listen to my body, trying to figure out what the issue is. Am i hungry, thirsty, or just plain bored. Good luck everyone. Hope you all do well learning a new life. It really is a lot of fun after the two or so weeks recovery. :blink:

Well, I told myself that I would only weigh in on Tuesdays - but when I woke up this morning I just *had* to weigh myself. On Tuesday morning I weighed 279.6. This morning: 271.8!!!! I have lost 7.8 pounds so far this week! I guess that diarrhea was worth it... LOL

Well one week out and I've lost 7.7 lbs Woo Hoo!

Myst....do you go to the post op classes at Baylor Plano? I'm also in menopause so I know that the surgery screwed with my hormones, even thought I'm on HRT. I think its getting better now. I can't wait for that POP to happen. LOL Did you have a large indention on your left side too?

Nancy, WTG....we are on our way. :D

Yes I did and when that pop happened it went away. It was really funny... But like I said it was two weeks after surgery when that happened. I took pain meds up till then. Luckly once I got all the anethesia out of my system I didnt have any nausea at all. I was lucky that way.

Yes I go to the ones at Baylor. I havent gone to any of the support groups yet. My husband has an issue with his heart so he cant drive, and so our fuel costs have just doubled. And I drive a desiel 3/4 ton 4x4 and to fill it up costs 100.00. So right now I have been staying close to home. But I am going to be going to a post-op class this thursday.

I haven't received any info on the the post op class for this week. I will email Blana and find out. I would like to go too. I know they had the support group last week, but 2 days after my surgery...LOL

I had my surgery on Wens. the 13th. I am feeling really good except for the shoulder pain. They told me I would get it due to the laproscopic gas. It is like an ice pick in my shoulder joint. My friend is 5 months post op. She too had this problem she said it will take a week to go away. She also told me she is starting to lose her hair....hmmmm. I hope I don't get that. As for my period it was supposed to start two weeks from now and started yesterday with a vengeance! Surprise! Must be the hormones. I have lost 11 lbs. In 5 days. I did not expect it to be that fast. I am eating a liquid diet with puddings and cream Soups. And lots of added Protein. NO problems keeping food down. I just fill up really quick. I am excited to get my drains out on Thurs. other than that I am just going day to day! I am just so happy I am never hungry! I know that will change but I will enjoy it as long as it lasts!!!!!! Pre -surgical weight 265 lbs. was 254 this am.:D

If it's your left shoulder, the pain will significantly reduce once they take your drain out. At least, that was my experience. Good luck.