Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So ever since Friday i haven't been feeling all that great. I was feeling a bit swimmy in the head and my insides actually felt sore. It almost felt like I was coming down with something. Last week I found out my thyroid was way out of whack so instead of hypo i was hyper. My Doc changed my dosage and the swimmy feelings went away.

I still felt sore inside and it hurt mildly to take a deep breath. I was thinking because I started taking Iron may be I was constipated, I took some Miralax. Friday I felt so full and couldn't eat anything after my attempt at lunch. Well it doesn't appear as though I am constipated and I still feel sore inside and randomly without warning I get a pain in my left abdomen that makes me cringe.

It really has me baffled. I don't feel full anymore and am able to eat normally. I am not one to freak out but I can't imagine what it could be. I will be calling the surgeon's office tomorrow. I am 11 weeks out.

Does anyone have a similar experience?

Just looking for clues.

Sorry you are having strange pains. I get them now and then too, mostly on the left side under the bottom rib... I chalk it up to the surgery, I think i must have some scar tissue and my insides were changed, so I think its just stuff settling in. Your gall bladder is on the right side, so probably not that...

well I called the doctor this morning and he said to go to the ER. I did and that is where I still am at the moment.

they did bloodwork and a CT Scan with contrast and see that my stomach is a bit irritated and it looks like I had/have a micro-perforation. They said they saw some air outside of my stomach. My surgeon decided he wanted to admit me and give me antibiotics for 48 hours (that was unexpected). So here I sit with an IV and nothing by mouth all day today.

They are watching me for increased pain or fever. I probably should have come to the ER on Saturday. Will let you know what happens.

Please update us as soon as you can. How frightening for you, but a relief you are at the hospital in good hands. I'll be thinking of you!

Oh my goodness, that has to be scary for you! Your so far out from surgery too... 11 weeks? I thought the possibility of leaks happening ended within around 3 or 4 weeks, not almost three months? Well, anyway, I'll be praying for you and wish you the best of luck... hopefully, it has closed up on it's own and the antibiotics will be just a precaution....

Please keep us updated on your progress, we're here for you Chikadee...

thank you for the well wishes. The interesting part in all of this is i don't at all feel sick. The only issue is that random pain really. So here i sit, waiting for my surgeon to show up. I've seen several of his PAs and today is a surgery day for him so he is in the building. They said he should be here before noon more than likely. Still can't have anything by mouth.

I never imagined having a small leak at this point, this far out. I guess anything can happen.

Saw my surgeon, he was surprised i had a small leak, it could have been something I ate that caused it. I am back to stage 1 clears post-op diet and I will stay on stage 1,2,3 clears/full/puree for the next couple weeks. I am being released tomorrow.

Glad you are being released!! Did he indicate what you could have eaten that would have caused this problem? I hope you start feeling much better once you redo your food stages.

It's a relief to hear that you're going to be okay and being released.... back to square one, but as long as you're healthy... not a bad deal?! I'll still keep you in my prayers, that you'll heal up 100% very quickly and that pain that got you back to the surgeon in the first place goes away quickly! (sometimes bad things do serve good purposes, go figure!)

Glad to be back home again. The doctor doesn't know what caused it. With me being so far out it was a really weird situation. I went to the grocery store right after I left the hospital and it was a bit much walking all around the store so I decided to work from home today and tomorrow so I can rest some more, I didn't want to overdo it. Thankfully I have that ability with my job. I might work from home every day if I didn't have my team at the office that I needed to be there for.

I feel pretty good today. All of the stabbing pain is gone and it doesn't hurt to take deep breaths anymore. I am totally on board with the liquids because it seems like I still might be a bit irritated or inflammed. Too big a swallow hurts going down and I don't think solids (or anything bigger than a tictac as my dr would say) would feel good going down right now.